Universal Elements Defender (Universal app by iJoy Group)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ivanmacheung, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    How do you guys farm in this game?

There migt be better ways, but what i do is play Challenge mode on the first chapter and use 1200 gold to make those Lv2 crystal towers. Having the third fire staff now, i get over 10k easily each run without using items. I think it's pretty good considering it takes less than 10 mins for each run.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wanted to say that I'm REALLY liking this game so far, even though I can only play the free version on my 3GS. I do get an occasional crash, but during gameplay it runs as smooth as butter. The graphics are fantastic and love the combination of RPG / tower defense it brings to the table.

Just wish there was a way for me to disable ads in the free version. Also have had some issues getting diamonds via TapJoy.

Those problems aside, I think this may be my GoTW. Hope you can someday make the 3GS an option in the non-ad supported version.

3. buttonup

buttonup New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I have iphone 3gs have tried downloading & reinstalling a few times but cant seem to get past the first loading screen without crashing... Anyone else have this trouble?

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's true, due to lack of Retina yet same amount of RAM/nearly identical GPU. When it comes to framerates, a 3GS will always outperform an iPod 4 at native resolution for both devices.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not sure. I've had a few crashes....but only after playing for a bit...never just at the first loading screen. I've been able to play enough that I'm on the third part of the second chapter. That's not far as I haven't had much time, but just saying that I've been able to play enough even with occasional crashes.

I just noticed that the dev changed the requirements for the full ad-free version. I want to get it but want to make sure it's basically the same code minus the ads and bonuses for buying it. So I know it'll run as well as the free version.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Started to have more crashes, particularly on 3-2, but love the game so much that I decided to get the full version -- partially hoping that maybe the in-game ads may be adding to the resources the game needs.

So far, so good. Played through chapter 2-1 with only one crash. During gameplay, it really does run very smooth on my 3GS so even when I was having more crashes, they were unexpected (ie., no slowdown or anything else leading to it).

Here's hoping that it fares better once I get to the third chapter.

Awesome game! I'm officially addicted.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here... Already have the third staff for each element, and and 54-56 gems. Forgot exactly how much, but i should get my first tier-4 staff soon. :D

So far, the Tier-3 (referred to as t[x] onwards) Fire staff seems to be the most consistent. Casts meteors on normal attack that knocks down enemies on hit, even those that are resistant to fire. T3 Ice seems pretty good and has good aoe, and slows of course, but it deals lesser damage than the other 2 elements. As for t3 Lightning, normal attacks are somewhat similar to T3 Ice where you fire a projectile that travels in a line and damages everything in its path. Weird thing i dont get about T3 Lightning (T3 Lightning shoots out balls of wind actually)is thatsomethimes it changes direction when hitting a target, but it is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it just passes through the target in a strainght line, but sometimes it does change direction to hit a new target, like a chain lightning effect, but im not really sure. It does great damage though so that's it's biggest strength i guess. It also stuns targets for a split second like all Lightning staves do.

Among T3 weapons, im liking Fire a lot more than the others, although of course we eventually get the other elements.

To the Dev: Im not sure how pets really work. If i main a fire staff, does that mean i should use a fire pet to buff the damage of my fire staff? Or is it its damage dealing capacity? Having a pet that slows enemies while using a fire staff seems pretty handy, but i dont want to lose some damage buff since i can just use ice towers to slow enemies, or switch to an ice staff..

8. ivanmacheung

ivanmacheung Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Glad to hear that you love the game. You can always leave some feedback i. this thread. We are here.

If you like the game, it would be great if you can leave some good impression here and the app store.:):)

9. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Really thank you for your support. awp69:):) We will make the game better in return.

10. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    That's a great idea. Those towers are really helpful.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Even with the full version, I'm still crashing around the 4th wave on Chapter 3-2. I'm enjoying the game so I'm going to keep trying in hopes I can get through it. But if there's any more optimization you can do, I'd appreciate it!

12. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Yep. The challenge mode is a great place for you to earn more coins. :):) The amount of gold drops are several times than in the Story mode. :)

13. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    The game didn't intend to support the 3GS. It is good to see that it could play on your 3GS. Will talk to the team and see whether it is a way to do the optimization.:)

14. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    A fire pet doesn't buff the damage of your fire staff. The pet's damage is dealing capacity. They work alone.

Hope this can help you.

Next update we will add a tutorial. Do you have any suggestion on how to present a turorial?:):)

15. blackchaos10

blackchaos10 Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Ipod 4 Support?

So, in the future, are you planning to add Ipod 4?

16. nickster62

nickster62 Member

Oct 14, 2012
    How to get 4th Staff?

Quick question to the dev...

It costs about 120-180 gems to get the highest staves. Don't you only get 1 gem/ 10 minutes. That would take like 25 hours just to get the high staves or purchase IAP. Am I completely wrong on this (Do you get more gems later - or get gems in chall. mode) or is this intended.

17. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    :)We hope we could add this. But if it add iPod Touch4 th support, due to the memory problem, maybe we have to sacrifice the graphics effect and the shadow effect. We are afraid That would do damage to the game and the graphics is not so great as this one you look now. :) :) Anyway would see what we can do.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #138 awp69, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Finally got past Chapter 3-3. If it weren't for the crashes on my 3GS, the levels in Chapter 3 are definately harder, but not unbearably difficult. The first level in Chapter 4, however, is MUCH harder with a ton of enemies. Only played it once so far (and lost) so not sure if it will lead to crashes.

May need to go back and grind a bit to get some more gold to do upgrades and have enough to upgrade the towers in Chapter 4.

Fun game. Without the crashes, it'd be one of my favorites right now.

Off topic, since I'm enjoying this game, anyone who's played both know how this compares to Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave? I know the premise is siimilar (tower defense/action RPG hybrid), but didn't know if it was as fun to play.

19. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Lol. I(a gal) personally finished the Chapter 4. I think you may need to ugrade the towers to the 3th level to defeat the tons of enemies.

I tried to play Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave. But the control is a little bit hard to me and I found dizzy when playing it(maybe because of the Camera perspective).

If you decide to give it a try, love to hear your comparison about these two games.:):)

20. blackchaos10

blackchaos10 Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Thanks :) I really hope there would be an ipod 4 support :) Well, in my personal opinion, i don't mind sacrificing a bit graphics for this awesome gameplay :) goodluck on your future games :) this one is awesome :)