Elf Defense by JellyOasis: 30 Testers, Xbox360, $50 & $10 iTunes Giftcards

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AppsAsia, Jan 3, 2012.

1. AppsAsia

AppsAsia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    We have 28 applicants and need 2 more!!!

2. MuMiN

MuMiN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Super excited! Hope to be involve in this beta testing.

3. MitchNied

MitchNied Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Applied fot testing Follwoed on twitter. Joined on facebook (Mitch Nied)

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Applied 1/6, and I liked the fanpage as well (forgot to mention that in the application). Hope I get in!

5. nielololek

nielololek Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Application sent on 1/7/2012.

6. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I have sent in an application, as of now, 1/7/2012 @ 12:00 PM PST.

I hope to be chosen and will not disappoint.

7. bartfart500

bartfart500 Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I have applied right now and hope to be chosen.

Applied on 1/7/12 at 1:18PM PST

8. bartfart500

Sep 12, 2010
    JellyOasis, I recommend that you have more types of elves with different looks as they evolve, the looks right now kinda look the same, and they should also have some obstacles that you can break for more money

9. bartfart500

Sep 12, 2010
    Hopefully I get to test the app, I would love to

10. bartfart500

Sep 12, 2010
    I can't wait for the app to come out!

11. AppsAsia

AppsAsia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Beta Testers have been selected and I will soon be emailing all of you with download instructions :)

12. babeve

babeve Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Great!

13. MuMiN

MuMiN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Glad to be choosen!

14. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #94 RaptorF35, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    Just got the build and I'm actually kind of liking it, this isn't just another Boring TD game :)

There are a lot of English errors so I'll work on making a list of them sometime today.

15. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Haha yeah I was just going to say the same thing some examples I can think of are "Don't worries" "Choose an Elf tower which you wants to use"

16. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #96 Trev1, Jan 9, 2012
    Sitting down with the game in a little while! Peter... Nice work on getting this and the last few betas on the app store! It makes it a lot easier... Also I'm suprised that there are more than a few English errors with this game since the last few game tests were well translated.. I will give my initial feedback ASAP .. Since this time our comment thread is in a forum I will work on not double posting.. So if I must I will edit may comment with COMMENT 2 ... Is that ok Peter? Also in your email it speaks of a .doc file questionnaire but I did not get one.. Is there no questionnaire for this test and only forum feedback?

THANKS

17. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Just download the beta. Glad to be in. So, the maximum number of comments are two per day?

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for including me!

Here are some translation errors so far for character description screen...
    ...in Upgrades:
    - Samson character description: "Throw stones to enemies near range..." would best read "Throws stones at enemies within range."
    - Icer character description: "...ice spell for decreased enemy movement..." would best read "...ice spell to decrease enemy movement..."
    - Golden seed item description "raise..." would read better as "increases amount of golden seed available at the starting point."
    - Holy leaves item description would best read "increases amount of holy leaves earned through game play"

...in Mercenaries:
    - Stimulated wording suggestion "increases attack speeds of every tower temporarily..."
    - Peaker would better read "Sprays toxic gas that deals continuious to enemies for 1 wave..."
    - Coldy Bear suggestion - "casts blizzard to slow every enemy on the screen"
    - Fire Dragon suggestion - "temporarily increases attack power for every tower..."
    - T. Rex suggestion - "stuns all enemies on screen with earthquake."

19. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #99 Trev1, Jan 9, 2012
    ALRIGHT THEN here is my scatterbrain initial...as far as translations go i feel as of now it would take away from me focusing on gameplay and testing....The fact does remain that this beta is indeed one of the worst translations that appsasia had me test...BUT is still very playable and understandable...1 thing i would suggest is to fix all the menu translations and item bar translations since we and whoever buys the game will be constantly seeing them...

Pros
    *Universal! ...will test on my ipad2 shortly!
    *Love the art and graphics they look very polished on the iphone4 and crisp...
    *Music was cool...had me thinkin i was in "Kokuri villiage" at a club for a second!
    *Gameplay speed is dead on for me...no lag and timing for a TD game is precise.
    *elf tower sprite upgrades are great and keep me wanting to upgrade...
    *So far it seems IAP MAY not be needed...since you can upgrade your leaf earnings spending the leaves you make normally.
    *Awesome TD bosses and nice add ons to gameplay like items to wreck the humans with...and "fast" enemy waves to keep us on our toes!

Cons
    *Would love to see a bigger playin field to scroll with ...not huge though
    *Missing zoom function...it would really make those nice graphics more enjoyable
    *Music is great ! but need more tracks and to change them a bit in sequence and cannot play own your music.
    *Would love to see weapons or a main character or two like in Fantasy Defense....maybe a character you could add for a holiday of through IAP?

anyhow will test on the ipad2 now...ENJOY TESTERS !

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #100 undeadcow, Jan 9, 2012
    Switched to laptop to better type...

Here are some more spelling and word choice localization suggestions:

...in Shop:
    - Mercenary Package wording suggestion "Hires every special mercenary tower in one package! An extra item pack is included as a bonus! Do not miss this sale!"
    - Item Package suggestion "Discounted price for item package with valuable strategic use! This includes every item in one package! Extra holy leaves are includes as a bonus!"

Icons...
    - Magic Box would better read "Blocks the way of enemies with a big brick"
    - Shovel would better read "Remove obstacles to place elf towers"
    - Life Fruit would better read "recover 1 life for the base."

A lot of the descriptions first describe the fantasy item then elaborate on it's game play effects. In general it would be smoother to describe the game play effect first so it's quicker to glance at (for example in Big Brink it says "build a big brick for blocking enemy way" when I most want to know "blocks enemy way..." so would be better as "blocks enemy way by building a big brick").

On main menu "Honor" category would be easier recognized as "Achievements" the title "Honor" seems off.

On main menu under gears icon in help menu on "Difficulty" tab "Easy Mode" would better read "If normal mode is too difficult, try easy more." "Crazy" would better read "In crazy mode, you will gain extra interest golden seeds at the end of each wave proportionate to remaining life points" (better still if the developer replaced "proportionate" with a number i.e. "...you will game golden seeds at the end of each wave equal to 75% of remaining life points").

The first level introduction could use a total re-write, also text speed is faster than comfortable for normal reading (a variable speed option would help)... I suggest the following change from the developer's dialog but it could use more creative/colorful narration. "Humanity has become greedy. They have taken for granted lands taken from the elves. Now humanity wants the fruitful elven homeland. Humanity demands the elven homelands. The elves become angered and ignore the greedy demands of disrespectful humans." "Elves are generous creatures. They gave freely to the humans. However, humanity has become more demanding. Now the humans want the elven homeland. The elves can no longer tolerate the harshness of humanity's rude demands."

Enough grammar/spelling correction suggestions for me today...