ELIMINATE (LiveFire/KillTest's New Name) + Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fructose, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    #441 K7A7O7S, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Rolando is similar to Loco Roco. There is a difference between similarities and a direct clone, including the name: Modern Combat= Modern Warfare. Besides I already wrote that in my post.

Edit: Just so you guys know, I do not want to argue. I do own a few Gameloft games, and like them. But even if I didnt, I would not go to their thread just to trash them. I am just making a point.

2. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    As was said in the video, you can still play without energy, you just don't earn credits. While credits are really handy we don't know how long energy will last you. It may last 5 games (bad), it may last 10 games (meh), it may last 15 games (that would probably be plenty in one day for me), and it may last more. He also says that you start off with some energy cells that you can use whenever. This is the first real use of DLC within a game. I say we just wait and see how it turns out.

(first post not to mention gameloft? oops)

3. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    LocoRoco is the same concept as Rolando but the only difference is the controls and thats it. Also did you played the game?

4. K7A7O7S

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    Lol, right on. We are back on topic! I think 15 games would be plenty, as I honestly dont know how long I would be able to sit and play it anyways. Besides you can still play afterwards, just without an earning. I was unaware they gave you energy cells from the start. That will be a good way to get the hang of it at first.

5. K7A7O7S

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    Yes, I own Loco Roco.

6. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    hey i didnt know ngmoco created brothers in arms control scheme... oh wait gameloft did, ngmoco didnt create or even perfect the fps control scheme, gameloft did. Im not a fanboy, just correcting that which is wrong. Besides, Chillingo ftw, best publisher for iphone. :) (and rolando is almost the exact same thing as loco roco, just it doesnt have those jamaican looking thing)

7. L3TH4LJ14

L3TH4LJ14 Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    chillingo has a few good titles but thats it. they suck imho. ngmoco is AMAZING imo all their titles are great, even simple titles such as mazefinger. gameloft is good but lack the quality that ngmoco has. i used to want them to release this game as is, but patience is key to making a good game. just wait when its released it WILL be epic.

8. K7A7O7S

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    You got me. I forgot about Brothers in Arms. NGmoco used dual stick in Drop Ship, but BIA was out first.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Yes, the left stick to move/swipe to look scheme for fps is invented and perfected by gameloft! It is by far the best fps control and It saved us from the lackluster prey control scheme, I'm an ngmoco fan as well but I give credit where credit is due and in this case gameloft deserves my kudos :)

10. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yes, Gameloft has some damn good programmers.

11. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Dual analog sticks have been around since the dawn of time. Neither ngmoco or Gameloft created them.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I agree that is why I never claimed gameloft or ngmoco has anything to do with it, I said left stick to move/swipe to look dude!

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    True, but they (as well as Mobigames) were among the first to implement them in games outside of Geometry Wars type shooters, while the rest of the iPhone dev community were churning out terrible swipe and tilt based control schemes in the interest of "living up the the unique philosophy of the iDevice".

14. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The concept of the two games is quite different actually: in LocoRoco you rotate the game world to move characters; in Rolando you directly control the characters movements. On top of that LocoRoco uses berries to grow them and uses the split/join functionality. Rolando features nothing similar to this (although R2 does feature a Rolando that reacts to chilli's, but not in the same way). The biggest similarity was the graphics in the original Rolando, but the sequel has its own funky 2.5D style. Oh, and I suppose you could argue the special stages (with the King) were a bit more similar too.

15. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Please can we leave Gameloft out of this. It has absolutely nothing to do with Eliminate - ugh I'm still going to call it LiveFire - and I'm actually eagerly waiting for it as a game in its own right.

16. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    #456 SarcasticGamer, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Hahahaha! See what happens when people stop talking about gameloft here :D This would be a dead thread without the entertaining arguments lol! Ngmoco fans, yeah all five of you, can thank me for bumping this thread again its buried pretty deep hahahaha!

17. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Now we're back on track!!! C'mon people bring on the hype, you know NG won't release this unless they feel they hype it the best they could :D

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This thread has gone beyond the point of no return. If you have anything to say about Eliminate, please post it in the new thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26593

If you have anything to post about Gameloft, find a Gameloft thread. It's always the same people who cause these massive Gameloft derails, so consider this your warning.