ELIMINATE (LiveFire/KillTest's New Name) + Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fructose, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Novoa

Daniel Novoa Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    The Trailer reminds me of Portal!! xD

Thank you for helping us help you help others lol

2. Geeman

Geeman Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Eliminate....[​IMG]

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I know; I love the attitude and personality they've managed to put into the publicity campaign. It is way more in-depth than the iPhone platform is used to seeing.

Seriously, whatever they end up calling this thing, I'm really looking forward to playing it! :D

4. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Lol! 'wtf'button, sad there is no gameplay :(

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Haha same here.

Looks good though.

6. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    The recharges remind me of text based mmo's which might push me to not buy it. I don't wanna pay for a game then pay even more so I can get farther into it.

7. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    paying for recharges is pretty dumb.. we should be paying for like more maps or skins for armour but not giving abilities type armour, more for looks n that.. like new colours and designs.. still it depends how long it takes before u run out of energy..

8. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I cannot believe they are limiting you to the number of times you can play everyday. This is like Car Jack Streets in reverse, which is still horrible. I won't be able to play for more than a certain amount of time everyday?

I always never liked ngmoco for their in-game ads in their paid versions of the game, and this just pushed me over the edge. I really wonder why everyone says that ngmoco is so awesome because right now they sound like just another greedy company to me. In-game ads for paid version, in-app purchases to play a game you already paid for, what's next? In-app purchases to buy another character slot? This is ridiculous.

9. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    At least it is ads for THEIR games, which is less annoying for me.

10. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #50 The Game Reaper, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    Well look, they're clearly pricing it low so it gets a larger userbase, and making money back through DLC.

11. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    It looks like they cut the ads in the latest versions of Star Defense and Rolando that were just released. Hopefully they'll go back and cut them for the rest of their games, because I agree that they're irritating.

I'm not convinced one way or another on this style of in-app purchase yet. I think a lot of it will depend on how long they're going to let you play before you have to recharge, and how much the game is going to cost on launch.

They could easily charge 10 bucks for this game if it didn't have the recharge tax, so if they charge a buck or two for it instead, and make the rest over time as micropayments, I won't mind too much.

It might actually be better that way - it beats paying a lot up front for a game you don't end up liking, right?

12. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Well I guess I was right again estimating the release date several weeks ago -.-...

13. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

they need to stick with one name xD

14. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Ha, you made me choke laughing. ngmoco, for one polish their games unlike 95% of the App Store Developers *Including Gameloft, Glu, THQ etc.*

Knowing these guys, Eliminate is going to be great.

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

+1 ngmoco is a top developer, i have been disapointed in none of their games, unlike gameloft

16. prissy5

prissy5 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    If they keep charging you for the use of a game. I will not buy it.
    I will go buy a psp or the ds buy the game your done with that is not right.
    Why not just pay one big amount 20 dollars or something like that and be done with it.

17. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Because then everyone on this forum bitches about how the game costs too much, and everything should be 99¢

If this game lives up to it's potential, I'd gladly pay 30 bucks or so for a one-time fee, or a small amount and then microtransactions. I don't mind paying for a quality product.

18. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    #58 Brazilian Rider, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    If this is a MMO like Outer Empires I would understand... but an FPS? Also, the only place I have Wi-Fi is hotels and my house, so I guess I'm not going to pick up this game if I can play Halo 3 and NOT PAY in half the places I have Wi-Fi...

This is a very stupid marketing move for people that have iPod Touches...

EDIT: Also, that's a very good help button: WTF is very clever!

19. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    You do realize that this is a multiplayer-only game, right?

20. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Yes, and what does that point prove?