ELIMINATE (LiveFire/KillTest's New Name) + Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fructose, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    name is still kinda lame :cool:

i hope this game also has bots

2. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    get a job....

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. For now, I hope they cut those in-game ads and give a more clearer definition of that in-app purchase they are mentioning here. It would suck if they charged $10 and in-app purchases to recharge energy.

And no, flame me however you want, but ngmoco has yet to become a top developer. Sure they have good looking games like Star Defense and Rolando, but Star Defense was very shallow compared to other TDs. Dr. Awesome, WordFu, Topple, and Topple 2 all have some very ugly UI and they all use that ugly Marker Felt font for the buttons and whatnot.

I don't see why you guys think that ngmoco is a top developer, they only have 2 good games in my honest opinion. Yes they are beautiful games, but when developers like Gameloft have over 30 beautiful games, 2 is just not enough.

4. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    You people are never happy and don't know how to effing read and understand things.

You can play all you want! Just after a certain amount of time you don't earn credits! That seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    They've explained time and time again that they won't make DLC cripple the game in any way.
    Geez you people are drama queens.
    I'm gonna buy this game because I like ngmoco and their games and unlike Gameloft they update their games with new stuff and when there is a problem.

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Uhhh...
    Whens the last time Gameloft didn't update a game?

And you can't get credits so it would be even harder to get weapons and armor

6. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I find the "energy" concept to extremely smart. I wish other rank based FPS would do this. This rewards the player's skill instead of so crap player for playing the game 24/7 for a week straight. They will still suck, but will be forced to play with equally sucky people but they will have a gear advantage. This levels the playing field.

7. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    +1 exactly

8. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Last time I checked I was able to earn credits for however long I played Baseball Sluggers (a.k.a. Homerun Battle 3D) without having to pay $0.99 to play and earn credits again.

The only thing that ngmoco explained was the $0.99 in-app purchase for the rocket launcher they demoed at WWDC, nothing more nothing less. They never mentioned DLC crippling the game and whatnot (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't know, I guess it's all a matter of opinion. There's really nothing we can make out of the video until ngmoco reveals some details for the pricing structure and all that great stuff. As of now though, I'm a little disappointed.

9. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Both live fire and kill test were much cooler names.

I can't believe they thought something as lame as eliminate was better.

They've named the game three times, and elininate is what they came up with. Wow.

10. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Unless of course, you buy energy. If it was just you had x-amount of energy a day, that would be good. However, NGmoco decided to make a quick buck, so instead of buying only Rocket Launchers (which is unfair IMO), they can also buy things to give them more credit...

...Great idea NGmoco, give the people who don't want to spend a dollar a day a disadvantage. People will love you for that. True Story.

11. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    They don't have that much of an advantage...say you never buy energy and when you run out, you play not for the credits, but instead, to enhance your skill. Then, when you play a person who is a higher level because he did buy energy, and you are better than him and beat him, then you would then gain more credits. So in reality, you are not really at a distinct disadvantage for not buying energy.

12. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The point is most iPhone gamers are too cheap to bother with that, which is a good thing.

Also we don't know how long the energy will last. I mean your daily allowance could be 2 hours of credit earning play. I know I wouldn't play this for more than 2 hours any given day.

13. fructose

fructose Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    +1 Good evaluation

14. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Yes, they have a very big advantage.

You play until your energy runs out. You get, say, 1000 credits.
    They play until their energy runs out, get 1000 credits, and then buy two more things of energy, getting a total of 3000 credits for the day.

A certain powerful weapon costs 3000 credits. What they get in one day, you get in three. If you run into this person, you would be at a major disadvantage because you chose not to pay more, and because they did pay they have a bigger, stronger weapon that is easier to kill people with.

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hmmm, I am starting to hate this game. I liked the old name and the old gameplay better, the new screenshots look terrible IMO. What was wrong with the old name 'LiveFire' though? 'Eliminate' sounds like some crappy game show that you would expect to see on a crappy channel like ITV. And then there's the 'paying for points' scam. I understand that it doesn't really affect the gameplay and that you can keep on playing. But even so, it still seems like they are ripping gullible people off which isn't very nice (never take advantage of retards). If I do ever get this game, I will never ever pay for virtual points (Which is better, worthless, meaningless, pointless 'points' or pie? I think I will go with the pie). So by the looks of things, ngmoco:( have ruined this game, at least for me. I think I will stick to Modern Combat, and hope for the online multiplayer update.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Their previous promotional video made it pretty obvious that this was being targeted at the iPhone, which isn't exactly a small market segment.

Gameloft is a worldwide company with 4,000 employees. They likely have a larger janitorial department than the total staff at ngmoco.

17. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Another reason why they aren't a top developer just yet.

18. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ugh, In-app purchases for energy? Sounds like those free MMOs which were all the rage some months ago. Lets hope they don't go down this path.

19. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Man, with all this backlash Ngmoco must be back at drawing boards right now. I'm expecting a delay :(

20. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    why is everyone moaning? ok so Eliminate isn't a good name but if an amazing game has a bad name people would still buy it because it was fun. and my guess is hardly anyone will actually buy energy packs because most people that buy apps are cheapskates.proof is that 9/10 times the no.1 paid app is 60p/ppc