ELIMINATE (LiveFire/KillTest's New Name) + Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fructose, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    lol, why the bitching.............just wait for the finished game.

the success of a multiplayer game stands and falls with the quality of the servers hosting the games.

if there are always games available and the connection is good, i'm gladly gonna play the game even without a unlimited amount of energy per day.

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I am truly dissapointed in you Ngmoco. It's not right for you to show off Eliminate and say "Oh, it's got this, this ,this, and this." Then [if] you make us pay a daily fee, *Shakes Head* That's not gonna fly with a lot of people. Plus, the graphics have been downgraded! WTH? And you expect people to pay daily for this? Nah...I'll pass on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a 2-Year delay of remaking the game. :/

3. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    How many No.1 apps do you know that have people pay so they can advance more easily in a game?

Answer: None.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    It's not bitching/moaning.
    It's simply discussion about the prospect of 'virtual points' and our own opinions on what the game will be like. I am not saying the game is bad (we don't know what it will be like), I am simply explaining why I think this game will suck. Anyway, I am pretty pissed off with ngmoco:( right now.

5. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    People make it sound like this is pay to play. You can play all you want with no fee. It sounds like you will buy these energy cells, but I doubt it will be daily. You will probably be able to pay for a month with these cells.

6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    The In-App purchase for Rocket Launchers were just to demonstrate how the API works. NgMoco said they wouldn't actually implement it. (At least, that's what I remember...)

7. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    kill test dummies

8. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    when did they have a graphics downgrade? i don't remember hearing that. can someone post a screenshot or where they heard that?

9. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    [​IMG]
    *Throws up all over the floor.*

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm still trying to think about which one I should get. I'm thinking Sandstorm, since it will be updated with wifi later this year. And because it would be awesome to have Combat Arms for the iPhone.

11. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    You people have the attention span of gnats. Watch the video again: you earn credits in game by killing, when you run out of energy you can use those credits (which you earn for FREE in game) to buy a recharge. If you suck, you obviously can't earn credits, so you can take your credits and try again OR buy armor upgrades. What is the problem here?? I can assure you they will not charge you real money for energy recharges.

12. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Knowing Gameloft you'll either not get multiplayer or get a very delayed update with multiplayer but when it does get it, it might be too late.

13. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Also maybe NgMoco might do this. A 99 cent version of the game where you have to buy energy and what we see in the video and a 9.99 version with no multiplayer match limits.

14. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    you got it reversed. All the energy lets you do is earn credits for your kills so you can get better equipment. When you run out of energy you can still keep playing the game, but you won't earn credits till the next day. However, if you want to keep earning credits, you can spend real money for extra energy to earn credits right away.

15. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    Looks as good as it did before. I am on the edge of my seat. Though NG may have a knack for creating awesome games, it seems their naming skills are a bit lacking. I mean ELIMINATE is not a title, it is just a word. Whatever, an instabuy for me. I am ready to eliminate the opposition, while we perform a livefire killtest. err...whateva

16. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Man, you guys are bitchy.
    About the graphics: it looks perfectly fine! As long as the game is fun, I don't give a shit about the graphics.

17. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    no where does it say you have to spend real money. we need to just wait for a statement from ngmoco themselves. theres a perfectly good chance that you do buy energy with credits. you dont know for sure what it is so stop acting like you do.

18. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    How is that different then what I just said?

Energy = ability to earn credits
    No energy = can't earn credits (you can still play however)
    Credits = refill energy and buy upgrades
    credits = free in game money earned by kills and skill

This isn't rocket science.

19. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Stupid Ngmoco. Give us a ****** release date or I will buy modern combat!

20. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    We are entitled to our own opinions.