ELIMINATE (LiveFire/KillTest's New Name) + Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fructose, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    One of the most mentioned features for "livefire" was in game purchases. ngmoco said that in game purchases will be available but they want to make sure that however they do it, it will be balanced. Buying "energy" with real money in order to earn more credits SEEMS to be the logical solution.

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    There's your answer Mr. High and Mighty. Says in the front page post that you will have to pay to recharge energy, and arn wouldn't post a story on the front page until he had received conformation from ngmoco. Don't ignore it, it's not going to solve the problem.

And everyone else who thinks this is such a great system, not everyone has enough money to pay for the game itself then spend a certain amount of money everyday to keep playing.

And thechansen, you have it all wrong. Credits are not used to recharge energy, REAL LIFE MONEY is used to recharge energy or you have to wait until the next day. I really don't see why you guys don't see a problem with this, maybe because spending money on useless things doesn't bother you much.

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    it seems likely based on the video that it's real money transactions.

arn

4. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I agree with you.

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    I haven't heard confirmation one way or the other. The article just says you can purchase energy... which is the same as what the video said.

My personal opinion is that it is likely in-app purchasing, as that's what the video seems to imply...

arn

6. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    That's the thing... you DON'T need to spend money to keep playing ;)

You only need to spend money to earn credits when you are playing. I think it's a pretty fair system for the most part; I mean they have to find a way to keep the servers up and running.

7. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #107 theone1007, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    Well it seems like ngmoco doesn't.

@Maythius so you think it's fair that people who have heaps of money spend real money everyday, earn credits 24/7, and get ahead of the crowd while you don't have enough money to buy energy and stay on the lower level guns and armor? i don't know about you, but eliminate or whatever seems to force you to play to stay on top, and if you miss playing for even a week, you'll be the runt of the litter. I just don't like the idea of paying to recharge energy when that money could be spent on 2 king-sized Reeses cups or a whole new iPhone game.

8. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I give up trying to reason with you people. It's pointless. I was just trying to say like Arn did that when he said that he was going to email them to be sure about it. I was just saying that using in-game credits COULD be a way to buy energy as well as using real money but you all insist that you're right an no one else in the world could have a possible point. sorry for trying to be a sensible human.

9. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    This is what it looks like to me.

In the video when it mentions battery refuels, it looks like the credits total goes down by 50. However it also appears that it might be the battery amount that goes down. Guess we gotta wait for an annoucement, but from what I see, I think the refuel is done with in-game credits.

Besides, even if it does cost, we'll have the option to sit it out and play without earning credits anyway.

10. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    the reason why its going to be REAL money is just as I said before. It's the only way they can keep the money coming in to keep the servers up. Having servers for online gaming costs a substantial amount of money.

11. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Well it might get in a bit of money for a while, but I can gurantee that after a bit of time has passed, nobody will be getting the refuels. I'm really interested to see how it all works though.

12. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #112 theone1007, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    Well it really didn't sound like you were suggesting whatever, and stating that buying energy with credits was fact. I really like your idea, and I really wish that ngmoco implemented it that way, but in-game purchases for energy is just not what I have in mind.

I really hope ngmoco just comes in here and spread some more information about this, and I really hope they implement the system you are mentioning. But for now, I don't see why I have to spend more money to earn credits, which is the whole purpose of the game.

And I also do not know why ngmoco has people get angry like this, they demonstrated that in-app purchase wrongly in Keynote, said that was only demonstration which is very unprofessional since if they knew the average consumer, they would know that customers would get enraged. Same thing is happening here and ngmoco continues to anger their customers with obscure facts.

13. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    You are an idiot. The only purpose that energy serves is earning credits, so why the hell would they charge you credits to earn more credits?

14. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    precisely

15. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Well, presumably (if the cost of an energy refill is x, and the amount of credits you earn on average on a full bar of energy is y), x < y. Otherwise that would be pointless.

16. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Let's examine that: energy has the sole purpose of earning you credits. We are idiots to believe that they would charge us credits to earn credits.

I require money to live. I work to earn money. In order to reach my workplace I drive a car. This car requires gas. Gas cost money. I work to put gas in my car for the purpose of reaching work. I have to spend my money (on gas or in Elminate on energy) in order to make money (credits). That's a weird and foreign concept right??

17. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't see a problem with this at all.

You recharge daily. So far we don't know how quickly the energy fades but it seems it is based on skill, using what you have efficiently to keep energy and kill other players.

My guess for those that suck, their energy will fade faster. You can still play without energy but you can't gain credits to up your weapons/armor until the next day when your energy refreshes or you purchase a recharge.

For me, if I suck at it I certainly won't be paying to recharge as I'll want to get the basics down and practice on gaining skill however this brings up an interesting point. How much skill will be involved in keeping your energy level? If this is a major skill needed, then playing without any energy won't help you at all with that skill set unless you wait for the next day or pay to recharge. That can hamper things. Hmm, now I need to think more about this. I need to see more in depth information before I make a final decision on how this might play out..

18. skatelakai117

skatelakai117 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I sort of like ELIMINATE better than livefire or killtest.
    It's short, simple, and doesn't sound as cheesy in my opinion.

but all in all... it's the gameplay itself that will mater.. not the name. ;)

19. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Or you can carpool and SAVE money towards gas rather than spending it. I think it will be interesting to see how ngmoco handles the ability to SAVE energy prolonging your chance at earning credits.

20. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Taking the example further: you drive a Prius to work you spend less. That would be a high Kill to death ratio. You drive a hummer to work and that is the eliminate equal to sucking at the game.