Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EminenceRev, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've looked at this thread a few times but still Don't really know what the game is about. The card and world graphics look very different from each other yet both look good.

Wondered about the post above where at the same time it sounded like it may be deep and tactical and at the same time simple?

2. EminenceRev

EminenceRev Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Hi ste86uk!

You can find information on how to play the game at: http://playeminence.com/game/how-to-play

3. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    #123 EminenceRev, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Concept painting for Ixia - The homeland of Ixion, one of the many places you can traverse in Eminence.

[​IMG]

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The picture above looks very good and the game how to play also makes it sound very good. So do we share 1 deck across all of the modes like campaign/pvp and tournaments?

Also wondering how hard cards are to replace if you lose a card steal battle? Definitely more interested after reading though as it sounds great and the art has all looked great too.

5. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    #125 EminenceRev, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Hello again ste86uk! You can customize your decks in a variety of different ways. Much like other TCGs, you can carry multiple decks and mix n' match depending on the situation.

If you lose a card in battle, you've lost it for good but you can win it back by re-duelling that same player (if they accept of course!) We will also be providing a reward structure where players obtain a freebie pack every day simply by logging in. You also have the option to turn off 'card steal' rules if you prefer not to engage in battle in fear of potentially losing a card. Hope this answers your questions!

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Ah yes I did think there would be multiple decks you could build. I like the sound of the free pack daily, do you recive special cards or packs during the campaign also?

I did see you say previously about turning card stealing off which is a nice option, although I'm sure playing a battle with it on will be so much more tense! When someone wins do they get to pick a card or is it random?

Sorry if it's my terrible memory but I was only checking in here and there until I checked out the how to play and now I'm excited for the game, just wondering of you'd previously given an idea as to how far off the game may be or maybe any beta?

7. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    #127 EminenceRev, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Hi ste86uk,

Yes players will be able to select the card they would like to take following a victory. Before a game begins, players can decide on how many cards they're willing to potentially lose or gain, up to a maximum of 5. So if 1 is selected, the victor will get to select 1 card from the loser. You can find out more via: http://playeminence.com/game/collecting-cards

Information regarding beta play will be released after our KS campaign.

8. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Our latest gameplay screenshot, showing a boss battle and one of the card rules in campaign mode.

[​IMG]

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Going to make an effort to read all of the website soon. The more I read the more I can't wait for the game.

10. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    New concept artwork of the planets most advanced city, the Upper World of Wilkurse.

[​IMG]

11. Touchdoku

Touchdoku Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Unemployed
    Norway
    Love this artwork!

12. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Thank you Touchdoku, and welcome to the Eminence thread. :D

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Thank you for your reply. I will indeed give it a try when it releases. I'm not sure if you're still shooting for the end of August. I still think Triple Triad is a beggar's choice when it come to card games, but I'm willing to try yours and see if some extra abilities elevate it beyond the basic TT experience. I have played several clones (and the original) and none has ever kept my attention for very long.

I'm still wary of the card exchange though. Even if it is an option only, then I think: a) it will wind up locking those who don't want to card exchange out of some content, b) no one will use it, or c) only card suitcases (those with a lot of money and cards) will use it and/or abuse it.

14. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Hi Tinsel,

Very good points raised. We're still ironing out the details for most of the rules and we will definitely take your points into consideration. While those situations could occur, if players did any of those actions it means they won't be able to get or enjoy the full experience of the game. In order to advance your skill, level and rank, the "Card Steal" is required.

Having it off means you can only participate in friendly games which can also be viewed as a way for players to have 'practice' duels and improve their skills. To fully progress in the game's ecosystem, players will have to use the rule. This decision was made to adhere to the TT experience.

15. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Update on the latest armour progression for each division!

[​IMG]

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Hard to remember names while I post so I'll use colours. I do usually love bulky looking armour where it looks pretty impenetrable and prefer darker themes. Love a lot of WoW armour sets.

From the pic you'd think I'd like the black one most but I'm actually swaying towards the greens final set there. The red also isn't too bad.

By no means do I mean some of them don't look good, they all look really good it's just personal preference.

17. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Always good to hear from you ste86uk! I'm a personal fan of the green ones myself. We'll be releasing more armour sets during our KS, stay tuned! :)

18. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    A screenshot showing off the character customization interface. Working on adding more options!

[​IMG]

19. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    #139 EminenceRev, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

I would like to invite you all to our Eminence art contest! The rules are simple:

Draw your character, give it a name, gender and a division from the starting four: Aeterna, Ixion, Wilkurse or Hollows.

Submit your entry by tweeting back to @playeminence ... Alternatively you can send us your artwork to [email protected] or through

Winner will be selected on 28th September and will have their character illustrated into the game as a playable card.
    (Artist will also receive the card as part of their starting deck)

SUBMISSIONS CLOSE ON: 25th September​

20. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Man this game is on my most anticipated games this year! Can't wait. Looks absolutely stunning!