Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EminenceRev, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EminenceRev

EminenceRev Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Our rewards will remain as they are unless we introduce new add-ons.

We plan on showcasing more content throughout our campaign which we are personally very excited about!

2. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    [​IMG]

The Eminence Team wanted to pay homage to numerous gaming legends who all played a key part in our lives growing up. It's important to note that these cards will not appear in Eminence: Xander's Tales but were created merely as fan art.
    All the characters depicted in these designs and their IP belong to their respective owners/studios.
    To view more of our tributes, visit: http://buff.ly/1r6ADe7

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I like the yoshimitsu card the most out of those. They look good.

4. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    A personal favourite of mine too!

5. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    For years, this notorious Division has groomed troubled young girls into merciless killers. Harlequins are trained to subdue their emotions and lend their powers to other nations for financial and political benefits. As their purpose to create conflict benefits them financially, some believe they are influencers of key wars which have plagued Artalys. Harlequins heighten their Alchemy powers by pledging to the Guardian Gemini. They're brought up to believe that the state of happiness in a dying word is an illusion which hastens ones death.

Introducing the first card of the Division, Tragedy.

[​IMG]

6. fanstudiouk

fanstudiouk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2011
    Male
    Game Development Company
    London
    Google luck with your Kickstarter campaign guys!

7. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Thank you so much! Don't forget to share and support! It means alot :D

8. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Hi guys,
    thought I'd introduce you to Kana.

This sinister harlequin uses trickery to achieve what she wants. Since a young age, she revelled in the misery of others to often mask her own troubled childhood. She was instantly promoted to a higher rank in the Division by strategically killing her predecessor. Kana serves the Harlequins as the organisations key spy and has shifted through many nations under numerous appearances conducting wide scale espionage.

Though detached from the other members, her bond with Riddle is strong and has enabled the two to often work together using one anothers skills to achieve their goals. Despite lacking the same level of physical strength found with other Harlequins, she makes up for it with strong Alchemy abilities and high intelligence.

[​IMG]

SUPPORT us on Kickstarter :
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661433091/eminence-xanders-tales

9. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Shurikan - Blades of Enlightenment

As Indra's right hand, Shurikan's sole duty is the protection of Ixions relic, its people and enforcing the beliefs and principles of the land. He is regarded as one of the nations strongest warriors and the only person to ever put a scratch on the great sage Indra during a sparring session. A unique mask and armour adorns his body made from the skin of Indra's own guardian, Qinglong, providing him with unparalleled defence against physical attacks. His fierce martial arts skills uniquely combined with the power of Chakra Alchemy has enabled him to easily subdue large groups of enemies at a time.

[​IMG]
    Card

[​IMG]
    In Game Version

SUPPORT us on Kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661433091/eminence-xanders-tales

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just wondering if card steal will work with the special kickstarter cards?

11. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Each card can be designated for 'protection' , therefore if you have a Kickstarter exclusive card you can secure it despite losing a game - as they won't be able to obtain it.

12. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    [​IMG]

Gemini - Divinity of Chaos

Once known by the Harlequins as the beautiful war maidens, Rozlyn and Nimesh wielded legendary fighting abilities. One shined with bright intellect and the other elicited extraordinary strength and agility. The two, un-separated for years went on to win battle after battle.

Nimesh came to resent Rozlyn for her remarkable strength. Seduced by the dark power contained in the relics, she absorbed too much antima and lost her soul to the guardian Gemini. Nimesh, consumed by the guardian waged destruction and began slaughtering in countless numbers. Forced to battle her own, a duel between sisters collided into a bloody fight. With the conflict ending in both of their deaths.

Their legacies lived on through their youngest sister Roza, who cried endlessly for their return. The souls of Rozlyn and Nimesh manifested into Roza's mind, and their war continued. With one trying to use Roza's body as a vessel for destruction and the other vowing to protect her youngest sibling. Over time, the Harlequins have tried to train Roza to harness the power of her kin. However, the two sisters' conflict has driven Roza into madness making her wield uncontrollable strength, which often cannot be contained by the Harlequins themselves.

For more information on our Kickstarter, visit: http://buff.ly/1r6ADe7

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    How does protection work exactly? Cost? Only so many can be protected ect?

14. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    #174 EminenceRev, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    We're still exploring this feature, more information will be released during the development phase of Eminence. Thanks again for your support ste86uk!

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I thought that may be the case. Anyway as my input for thought during development I would think it fair to have special rules considering protection for anything KS related that can be stolen. Be nice if you do something for normal cards too of course.

16. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    This is something we are definitely looking into! Cheers for your input. :)

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I haven't partaken of any info regarding the stealing of cards, so I'm not quite sure I understand the mechanism well enough, but it seems to me a given that any reward acquired from the Kickstarter campaign should be innately immune.

Even the manual option to protect Kickstarter rewards might not be good enough, as that means that players can still lose their Kickstarter rewards if they forget to protect, tap carelessly, etc. Care should always be taken to protect early backers from any loss of backing privilegies.

18. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Hi Ayjona.

Rest assured we will be exploring features that allow protection for Exclusively obtained cards (ala Kickstarter). More info will be revealed in the forthcoming weeks! Thank you for your feedback. :)

19. pandaryll

pandaryll Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Quezon City
    card battles remind me of FF 8's triple triad. Were you guys inspired by it? I really like the art style of the cards and environment but there is a clash of cute and serious all over. I wonder if that would mesh?

20. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Hi Pandaryll, the core mechanics are Triple Triad with our own unique rule modifiers mixed into play. We plan on continuing to refine the characters to streamline the overall aesthetics. Thank you for your feedback, always appreciated. :)

Eminence Weapons

Today we wanted to give you guys a little treat and show you some of the cool weapons you'll be able to equip your character with. This edition focuses on those who live by the sword.
    You'll be able to upgrade your weapons as you level up your character. These images show the progression of weapons in the game for the first four Divisions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]