Universal Engines of Vengeance (by Serdar Balli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mcballi, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    We can only hope ☺️

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Rigonauts was a great game. Wish I had it backed up.

I keep forgetting about this one. It's been on my watch list for quite awhile now.

3. mcballi

mcballi Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Germany
    New Version 1.2.2

We've just released a new version with a lot of bug fixes and improvements. Including the issues mentioned before in this thread :)
    Please check it out and give us further feedbacks, so we can improve the game more and more.

And of course I have some promo codes for you guys:

343FLNT4NEP6
    3YN9AHX3KN99
    JK9A7L7N7MEK
    PMXKTKKEHHKT
    PK99TYYH7M9M

Hope you will enjoy the new version.

4. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Hi, took PK99TYYH7M9M, many thanks!

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    4th and 5th codes are taken
    Thanks dev :)

6. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I took the second one. Thx!

7. ger-nooKie

ger-nooKie Member

Mar 1, 2010
    took the first one. thank you :D

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    All codes have been redeemed.

9. mcballi

mcballi Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Germany
    #29 mcballi, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    New Version 1.2.4

Hi,
    the new update of Engines of Vengeance is through the review process of apple.
    We did some major bug fixes and the app is running more stable now.

As is usual, here are some promo codes for you guys:

KAL97X3YY3ML
    AHYKR969R7W7
    YANH9PYAHJWR
    H9RK4YJAM4KN
    A6WKJ6F4KTRW

Have fun playing and if you like give a rating on the app store :)
    Serdar

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Used this redeem code: YANH9PYAHJWR
    Thanks to the devs.

The last two had been used also

11. mcballi

mcballi Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Germany
  12. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Such a good idea for a game....

.....just a shame it's so poorly implemented.

I've just spent an hour playing it and whilst the premise is engaging and there is real scope there for it to be a decent game, the controls are atrocious - trying to place and/or rotate your pieces is excruciatingly fiddly. Trying to rotate a cross piece to connect in 2 places at the same time is like trying to thread cotton through the eye of an atom! Place your piece, connecting the first dot, then rotate in to place so that the second dot connects and one of 2 things happen; a) the 2nd dot connects and the first then disconnects because it's a fraction of a hairs width off centre; or, more commonly, b) the bloody thing either rotates back on itself or slightly ahead by a fraction as you let go of the screen (this is WITHOUT FAIL, EVERY TIME!!) and the piece doesn't connect properly at all!!

It wouldn't be so bad if you maybe only had to rectify it once....but oh no, 3,4,5 plus attempts each time to get it in place. Seriously guys, sort out the controls and you would have an enjoyable little game here. As it stands, it's hugely frustrating and a massive test of my patience.

Just a couple of suggestions - keep the dimensions between different pieces and their connection points in ratio to one another; this will allow pieces to more easily line up and provide greater interconnection with each other. Provide 4 small buttons giving 45deg and 90deg rotation increments in both directions and that would sort the worst of the problems.

Oh, and whilst your music is good, it's not something I want to listen to non-stop, on repeat - we get it, your a striving rock band looking to publicise your work - commendable but a bit too much 'in your face'. Would be nice to either just have sound effects or to play our own music, rather than the only other option which is complete silence.

I can't complain too much as I've just downloaded it for free thanks to their sale - also, I hope you view my comments as constructive criticism and know that I say all this because I believe there is a decent, salvageable game behind the cack-handed controls. Bit more polish and finesse and I'd have happily bought the game.

13. mcballi

mcballi Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Germany