Universal Epic Island - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2014.

1. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    I disgree with adding time to crafting, its one of the things you dont have to wait for in the game, and thats the way it should be.

You really wanna wait 24 hours everytime you get a 4% (max at level 30) chance of creating an epic? Even a 10 minute wait for something like that is too long.

Other than that, i agree that there should be other things to do. But if they ever change the crafting to make us have to wait each time, ill probably stop playing the game

2. chri806

chri806 Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Glad I found this page, that recipe list is looking awesome too!

If anybody is interested in trading chests I have so many! add me at "Chris806x"

3. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    The key to high Epic percentages is throwing a lot of "fodder" items in along with the two that you're actually using to forge the item. I had around a 25% chance once (which still failed, of course).

In the end, though, much of what you can do through in the game doesn't serve much point. You can get superior epic gear by 5%-ing Titans and Arenas. So there's no real need for loot or gift chests when everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

When loot and forging serve no purposes other than the slim chance of getting gear superior to the Titans you can access, there just doesn't feel like there's much point to any of the activities you're doing.

And then one area has enemies that take 30 minutes to 20 hours, the next area has enemies that take 1 minute to 20 minutes and always drop superior loot. There's no structure, rhyme or reason to it.

Fun for a week or two, but then its lack of direction makes you lose interest.

4. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    The game can definately use some balancing, but keep in mind that it just released. They can add a lot of content still, including new things to do, and new titans with better loot. As more people play and get better equipment it will be harder and harder to hit that top 5%, which currently feels like a cheat.

I think making the low timers drop worse stuff and the higher timers drop better, and come later, would help, but a lot of suggestions seem to want to make this a different game which I, like Sushi, wouldn't want to play.

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, this is an important point. This is Backflip. Anyone familiar with their Dragonvale game will automatically understand that this really is just the beginning for this game. Dragonvale started with a few areas tomopen up and a bunch of dragons to breed. Over the years they have added so much more to that game. I can see the same treatment happening for Epic Island. I look forward to seeing how the game evolves. :)

6. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    #66 FriedSushi, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    This game would really benefit from devs having things like special titans or other special events to keep people interested.

I updated the list on page 6 by the way, 33 total items now. Thanks to anybody who contributed again: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3362989&postcount=52

Exactly, I really wouldnt want them to change the whole way the game works. I kind of wish there was a way to send multiple heroes to attack a monster though, and to have that decrease the time spent in battle.

I agree that some things should be more logical like loot quality is based more on time spent. 2 dungeons unlock per area, so in my opinion I think that one should be relatively quick fight times, while the other should be longer time periods.

I would like to add that the more people play this, probably the easier it will be to get top 5% actually. The more people that fight the titan, the lower the damage threshold for the top 5% will be since there will always be more players who log in just like once or twice a day and get in the top 50% or not even, than players who will log in to attack the titans as often as they can.

You can only get a couple epic items from arena and titans, as it looks like there arent any more than 5-6 titans, and arena looks like it has a rotation as well. Ive noticed that the rewarded epic isnt any different each time around. Im not sure how to feel about that, but I think that that is the best way to do it. I wouldnt want to be able to get all the epics simply by farming titans.

Right now, you can probably get maybe 10 epics (if even that any) from titans/arena? The majority of them you will have to craft or earn in other ways.

Thanks for that advice on forging, I never realized that the first time when adding elements you could boost the chance higher. But if you fail that first chance youre gonna end up doing the same thing as i do, which is repeatedly throwing in fodder for that 1-4% chance of making it

7. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Also, what happened to the titan in the lightning area?

8. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I assume you are talking about regular baddies? Titans you can have all your team attack at the same time...

He is gone, but I think maybe only 3 appear at a time? Seems like when he was done the water one appeared?

9. Sunlit

Sunlit New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I finally got a molten hat with a 2.0% to get it upgraded to the epic hat I'm so happy now!:)

10. Sunlit

Sunlit New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Veracity
    Staff
    Nature/Thunder

11. Sunlit

Sunlit New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I just saw this in the shop
    Mountain's Heart
    Crystal Orb
    Fire/Rock

12. didgeridork

didgeridork Member

Oct 6, 2014
    #72 didgeridork, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    love this game, looking for friends to add. my gamecenter ID is didgeridork

13. didgeridork

didgeridork Member

Oct 6, 2014
    #73 didgeridork, Oct 6, 2014
    (ignore this post.. can't delete it for some reason)

14. luvfoxy

luvfoxy Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Loving this game, can add me in GC - luvfoxy

Just wondering, do we need to use common item to forge or uncommon item? to get an epic item?

15. Dean10

Dean10 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    #75 Dean10, Oct 6, 2014
    common items will do..

16. chri806

chri806 Member

Oct 4, 2014
    I'm still confused about how to get epics with 3 elements, I totally understand how to get 2 element epics!

Do you have to do the initial forge with 3 specified elements on a clean item? But wouldn't that just make an item with a random 2 element combo of those 3 elements? If so, when doing the next forge and adding let's say lightning, wouldn't it again just randomly create a 2 element combo object again? Certainly, it's not that I have to keep forging with the remaining element every single time in hopes of the 1-4% to work, right?

17. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    The rarity is specific to the base item. So you will never see a common mace(uncommon) or dragon armor(super rare).

Things that this game needs to add to improve QoL:

Larger inventory size, gear sets, and access to pets when all pets are busy.

18. rinsatan

rinsatan New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    questions about battle arena

just curious , why is it that sometimes in the battle arena ... my opponent starts off first and sometimes I will go off first in the duel ... is there anyway to determine who starts first ? Cause usually you're dead if you're second ...

19. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    #79 Piscinarii, Oct 6, 2014
    I'm always dead if I go second! I believe the system determines who will win automatically at the start of the fight by comparing stats and weighting them based on the event. Since magic is the main stats for the current Arena that has a higher factor than attack and defense. The animation is just there for effect.

20. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Backflip,

Please add a pet stable or similar to manage pets while my characters are fighting. I keep forgetting to train my extra pets I have that are not currently in use! Thanks!