Epoch 2 (By Uppercut Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    October sounds awesome. The epoch->epoch 2 jump seems like it will be similar to the infinity blade -> infinity blade 2 jump, in that the basics are the same, but there's just more of everything. I also like that they're adding a jump function for the middle cover position( it's in the video, when he's fighting flying robots). Should help when the entire screen is covered in grenades. Also the melee ability seems pretty cool. And I know it's a small thing, but I like the transitions between all the little battles in the level better in 2. In the first one it always played a little cutscenes, which got repetitive and took away from the immersion. Here it looks like the game flows a lot better. This will be an instabuy for me.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed. Even on the transitions. The transistions didnt really bother me in the first game, but seeing a more fluid and seamless flow in the sequel already makes it better.

And the amount of weapons, plating, countermeasures, etc is impressively huge compared to the first one.

Lots of new enemies as well. Dat melee bot is da shiznit!

I hope the story unfolds well. The first one with the progression between difficulty levels felt like "...The princess in is another castle." :D

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Now that's good news, added to watchlist.

4. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I hope they find a way of increasing difficulty so that it feels more fair at the higher levels, instead of just spamming grenadiers on the later levels to the point where you literally cannot escape them no matter what you do. That kind of annoyed me about the original, but the fact that I played it long enough to get to ultra is also telling.

The melee bot is fine as a mini-boss of sorts, but I worry that it will end up getting integrated into the rest of the game. Imagine dodging and rolling like crazy to avoid grenades and bullets, only to be forced to stop and tap the screen as you battle a melee bot. Worse still, if other enemies are still around and are able to damage you as you're locked up with the melee bot.

I guess it won't be as bad if you can roll to avoid the melee bot like the other enemies, but even so it might be bad for the game's flow. The flying enemies were the much cooler addition in my opinion, even though they are not a huge deviation from the normal enemies.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I think you always fight melee bot solo like a semi-boss fight. Or, if he becomes part of the mob, i think the best way is to put everything else in slomo.

Im sure Uppercut has it figured out.

The leap and shoot while in the middle cover and the jump towards enemies and melee them (or plant explosives on them it seems), look wicked.

6. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Planting C4 or something on them would be awesome. Or if you could plant a whole bunch of C4 on multiple enemies and trigger them all at once... that would be awesome!

But yeah. I'm sure melee bot will be involved in a way that doesn't kill the game. In Uppercut we trust.

7. raven87

raven87 New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    I was surprised by the quality of this game , and was running well on my iphone 4. And with iphone 5, it runs much better

8. Oh, and yeah we haven't forgotten about the EPOCH Update...it is almost ready to go, but as you can see we have been a little busy getting the EPOCH 2 demo ready for PAX. :)

9. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    What kind of things will be in the Epoch update?

10. New Arena Map, with a new set of character intercepts..
    for those following the story.. this may include a few hints on what to expect in EPOCH2 :p
    This also fixes the read all intercepts achievement.

AJ

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Awesome! Feels great knowing your favorite game is still being updated, even though the sequel's already on its way. :)

Question though... Will you be increasing the experience gained in the arena? Fastest way to grind is still doing missions at Ultra difficulty with the +30% bonus xp plating. Kinda defeats the purpose of having an "endless" survival mode if you still have to replay already finished levels.

Maybe have the xp scale faster at later waves in arena mode?

12. UppercutEd

UppercutEd Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    XP rewards will change along with everything else :) We'll be rebalancing the game completely because we've added so much more to it.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Sounds fantastic Ed! Cant wait for EPOCH2 too!

14. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Ed Orman interview

Slide To Play Q and A: Epoch 2

Comment from Epoch FB Page: "Epoch Q4 2013, which basically means at the end of the year"

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Despite my excitement for this game, i can be very patient to its release date. I trust Uppercut Games to make the game as flawless as an EPOCH sequel can be, even if that means extended testing and fixing before release.

I already know this game is going to come out, unlike that one game that's never gonna get released. ;)

Be it $10 or $20, i'll buy it faster than one can say robot. But i think a $7 to $10 price range is a good start for this... Not too cheap, and not too expensive from what little info i can piece out from the interviews and videos and other stuff..

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That sounds good to me.
    Always like to have some quality new games to play over Christmas.
    And this will certainly fill the quality bracket.

17. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
  18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^He looks more like an action hero now, more than he did in part 1. Maybe its his poise. :D

19. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    If not 1st quarter 2014. It's not often or even ever that a game comes out when the dev wants it to. I'm ok with that and have learned to wait and expect delays

20. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012