Epoch 2 (By Uppercut Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
  2. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Only The achievement for completing ultra,other than that,nothing,but it's a great way to tast you're limit,and remember,every level need a strategy in ultra..different weapons,use barrier every time you can,always take down first The enemy that hurt you most,with The gunners you can stay on cover,with The granedier not,same think with The splicer,i finish ultra long time ago,Now i play only on ultra,The final boss:OGRE,i take down him at first try,but The 9 level,it's really Hard..

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Barrier is pretty OP on the right missions, and it was my favorite ability for the longest time until i extensively played with all the other types, and felt like Speed+ is the most versatile of all. It is more difficult, but it felt more rewarding to play with.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I've always used the Slow Motion ability (that might be the Speed+ one...) and the red laser gun. Always. Ever since I bought all the weapons I don't use anything other than those lasers. Haha and I still haven't tried out all the abilities. I've only used Heal and the slomo

5. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,speed up it's great,but i try speed up on level 9 in ultra,i try all,but what make me win that damn 9 level,it's barrier,and,of course,The strategy to take down some enemy instead of others,EPOCH 2,take my money

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ken I huv nou?

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I'll take 2

8. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    So what all have they added in this one? So far I know there's now a melee ability, active reload, new enemies, new story points, and a camera that doesn't slow everything down between stages. I'm assuming there will be some new weapons and upgrades, but we don't know about those yet. Anything I'm missing?

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    There was some sort of sniper rifle used in the new trailer

10. Awesome to hear that you guys are just as excited about EPOCH.2 going live as we are!

There is a new Sniper rifle, and a couple of other new weapons as well. The Sniper Rifle dramatically changes the way you play the game. When you are zoomed in you cannot see most of the bullets flying towards you from the sides. Picking the right Network item to go along with the new weapons is critical.

There are also new Network items, I won't spoil anything by talking about them here yet. :)

The camera system has been overhauled to allow enemies to spawn around the player in different locations, not just from the one static view like we had in EPOCH.

There are a whole bunch of new enemies and bosses. Each require their own strategy to defeat.

Then there is the Princess, EPOCH.2 has over 20 minutes of voice acted cut-scenes, featuring motion capture and performance captured facial animation.

11. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Sounds awesome! iCloud maybe? : )

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Congratulations, Uppercut!
    That sounds like a huge step forward from Epoch.
    Hope it stays as easily playable as the first one, with all the new shiny bells&whistles.
    Going through my second Ultra playthrough of Epoch1 currently, had put it aside for a long time folks brought life back to it some time ago; which inspired me to pick it up again. So no, ExactPsience and Oldsnake: you aren't the only ones enjoying Ultra ;)

Found a comment from EP way back that he went past 1000 in an Arena. I am not even remotely close to that, never made it past 500 anywhere. But then my guy is only level 20, not 70+ like some people wrote.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Is it Thursday yet?

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was around Lv50-52 when i hit 1k in the arena missions. The extra damage from levelling up does help a lot when you have a fast firing weapon ;)

15. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    My editor's choice!

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey EP! I read in the original Epoch thread that the best thing to do early on is get a level 4 weapon and that armor that has +30% coin.

Thing is, both of those things are over a million each and I've only got 200,000. How the heck do you get enough to afford those at that stage?

Sorry to continue derailing this thread...

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Try playing the next stage. ;)
    The credits rewards increase in a dramatic rate in the next missions.

What level are you at, which difficulty, which mission, and what equips do you currently have?

18. UppercutEd

UppercutEd Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Hey sweetdis, I can confirm that we will not have iCloud in EPOCH 2.

We've put a bunch of work into it and couldn't get iCloud to work reliably to our satisfaction, and we're just not willing to risk people's save games.

19. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    will it play on ipod 4G? i really really loved first and hope the second is compatible for ipod 4G

20. Coolness, really curious to see how this game plays compared to the first one. Will be cool tomorrow to see.