Escape From Doom > Free.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Nobunaga, Oct 29, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    To be fair, I thought I'd post back here after trying it. Definately agree with the impressions of great graphics, sound and controls. It does seem a bit grindy for upgrades as far as leveling up or use emeralds to upgrade faster. That said, it's certainly playable.

One odd thing I found that I wonder if they changed since release. During the run, I indeed lose emeralds by hitting enemies. But when I get to the payout screen after the run, it seems to give credit for the highest total I had during the run. You still don't get as much as if you had accumulated more following hits, but you also don't seem to really lose them so I'm a little confused.

The biggest drawback IMO is that it doesn't feel all that much different gameplay wise than Into the Dead. And given that that game is freemium, I don't feel much difference in the balance.

I will continue to play at least until the novelty runs out as I do like the change in setting.

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Anyone here think this game is better than - into the dead? If you think it is... I may download it.

3. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Just played a bit and the game is fun. If you like Into The Dead you'll certainly enjoy this one.

4. It is well worth a try. It is a good fun game.

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I thought this thread was more entertaining than the game.
    The "discussion" made the thread worthwhile.

I just felt like the game was repetitive. The costs to currency gain was off (not for a free game, for a paid one though). The graphics were bland... Etc. Just my opinion by the way. Anyone else can think it's the best game ever. Opinions... You know.
    it's not a terrible game. Given the amount of options we all have, I didn't think this was worth the space on my devices.

6. It's not the best game ever. But I just don't see why this game gets so much hate, when almost all games are dropping price so fast. Almost all endless runners are like what you explained above.

7. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Pretty much ^this,^ which is exactly what I said in the main thread.

Lots of melodrama, cheerleading, and existential angst over the "hatred" for this game, when ironically, the reception has been pretty much, "Meh" across two threads, and here we are, discussing, again ironically, the balance in a game that just went free (yes people, I KNOW it's a sale)... :rolleyes:

Gotta love TA. ;):D

8. tunaVille

tunaVille Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2013
    I truly appreciate ones own opinion and sharing it, against the grain

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    FWIW, the game was okay. But I just deleted it to make room for King Cashing 2, which I hadn't yet picked up. I have a suspicion that that use of space will be more worthwhile. ;)

10. Let the haterz hatez! :)

11. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    And the trollers troll... ;)

DBC

12. You spelled it wrong!

13. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013