Every Appvent App SUX, except Samurai which is good

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Agreed.

There are many people on this forum who appreciate the fact that Blacksmith Games took the time and energy to put together the Appvent Calendar. It doesn't really matter what games they decided to give away--they are all free for those who care to download them. Unfortunately, the people who do appreciate the calendar are outnumbered by the whiners and complainers, and that makes Touch Arcade look like a bunch of crybabies. It's downright embarrassing! :eek:

Apparently, you don't have the ability to understand that it's just plain rude for people to whine and complain about a month's worth of free games. So there's really no further point in anyone trying to explain it to you. You just don't get it.

2. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    besides the insults from the little children whos feelings got hurt

and the people who think that the Devs are somehow missing a meal and getting their wings for doing this (its a promotional thing L-O-L)

I think the appvent was a huge letdown and Im sorry to all of the sheeple who think that free = zero choice or opinion

Im not sure if people think that because its free you need to for some reason change your OPINION of the app, because I think they suck no matter what the price is, Free, 99c, $5... it SUX and none of those games could even take the place of me playing FS5 Hockey (free)

So go and act like a child and call me an idiot because I have a different opinion, maybe one day you'll understand that different opinions doesnt make someone an idiot

3. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    wow just reading page 14 I apparantly dont have a right to voice my opinion... I really couldn't care less whether they are free or not,

HOW AM I SPOILED? that is the dumbest argument ive heard yet

4. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Wow what world do you live in where everyone has to have the same opinion or there is an argument...

I think you missed the point by like a mile

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    No, but bad grammar does.
    :D

6. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    apparently people are upset because I cant join the h-job circle, sorry I have an opinion on the APPs, not on the program, not on the devs, not on indie gaming

I appreciate the appvent for what it is (a PROMO, still laughing at people who thought this was anything else) but seriously... they could have done much better

and I really found these flash-like minigames to be wastes of space even against a FREE APP...

not sure why everyone is so keen on censoring me and calling me an idiot for having a different opinion...

I thought this thread might go something more like-> "Oh yea, those games are cheesy, heres one badass app .. etc"

I didnt think it would be: read first

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Listen kid, your English is terrible. The spelling is alright, grammar acceptable... but you seem to have no idea how to construct a sentence without coming across as totally arrogant and selfish. Other people on this forum could have said the exact same thing you did, but using words that didn't instantly cause furor and contempt from everyone who read it.

8. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    That's because you are NOT sharing an opinion. You are merely attacking all other games outright.

9. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Okay, my grammar, that really backed up your argument. Now I can really respect and understand your opinion.

Like I said before, Im good on the h-job circle as well

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Honestly, how much luck do you think you would have had approaching big name devs (EA, Gameloft, etc) about giving their games away?

11. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    haha this thread is hilarious, acidshaman is a "system admin" or whatevers (it was on page 1-3) and yet he acts a little younger than my age, which is pretty young. and then he changes his mind every post. Be thankful that devs list their apps to free and don't be moping when some huge game like NOVA doesn't go on sale that's just plain arrogant. stop defending yourself dumbass, the ship has sunk.

12. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Why does everyone think the big guys need to be on here? Im just saying that those games all reminded me of something off of some flash games website.

For a PROMO program I think they could have picked some better games...

Not sure why everyone thinks this was some charity thing.. its not

13. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    ur a pussy, insult people over the internet, because its where ur safe.

Im not a sys-admin, i said these games are made by indie-dev-after my sys admin job... im not one, learn to read.

and no I didnt change my mind @ all through this thread, just like you wont change your mind about insulting me anywhere but on the internet.

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya, they sure could. Why not show them by gathering a better collection of apps yourself and making them free for a day. I`ll be waiting for it :)

15. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    rofl I already said im not doing my own appvent.. and someone else will just say that no one even said that

16. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Alright. I think by now we all agree all appvent apps suck. Time to close this thread :)