Universal Evhacon (by Pietro Nifosi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Downloading, curious how this will play.

@Pietro:
    Oddly enough, I could not find Evhacon in the Appstore on my iPad or my computer. Not via search for your name or the Evhacon. It also does not show up as "New Paid" in the RPG & Strategy categories (where I would expect it) .

What worked:
    Follow the link from APPSER (who *IS* this guy anyways? Is he in any way associated with you?) .
    Add Evhacon to wishlist.
    Open wishlist on iPad, purchase.

You might want to look into this. First time I've seen something like it.

2. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    I think this game is in some weird state between being removed, being updated and being freshly released.

Anyway, the app link in the original post needs to be changed, or there should be a new thread.

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
  4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So I take it the old app isn't being updated?

5. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    The old one got removed. So you'll have to re-buy it (I think). It only costs 99 cents though.

6. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #86 PietroNifosi, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    @Nullzone Yes, I'm aware of that. The game finally appeared on the Appstore about 4 hours ago and it will probably take the next 24 hours before it shows up in the "new releases" (hopefully not too hidden in the lists).

@jsrco Unfortunately I could no longer access and update the old 1.0 for the reasons I've explained here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=251274&page=5. Hence the Re-Launch (only 0.99$).

I've given away a few promocodes here on toucharcade forums.
    We are doing the same to our subscribers at www.retroversogames.com (feel free to drop by).
    Several youtube reviewers (I will be announcing their names later on) will do a draw for their subscribers and give away more promocodes.

You can access the correct link to the Appstore from http://evhacon.retroversogames.com/

-Peter

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bought this last night, only a dollar

So far well worth it, found it a bit strange at the beginning, one minute fighting troops then suddenly it goes '3 years in the future' kinda thing.

But so far its like a decent Aralon style game, seems to be a lot of quests to complete (judging by the quest log section).

For a dollar its well worth it, impressive for a small team. Looking forward to getting more out of it soon. Shame about the whole launch episode (eg an older version being there originally)

8. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    Dear Fans, we are about to submit a new Patch 1.1b later tonight with the following features/fixes:

-Smoother controls
    -New button to switch exploration/combat modes manually
    -New button to select between two different camera styles (based on swiping with the right finger)
    -Fixed a bug in the inventory that didn't allow to equip items past the 15th slot
    -Fixed several quest rewards
    -New main menu background

This patch will be available as soon as it goes through Apple's review again (estimated 7-8 days)

-Pietro

9. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #89 Elsa, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Very good, the controls desperately needed a fix and I'm glad you are adressing the combat mode issue that I mentioned in the other thread. I was wondering why I couldn't equip half of my weapons, so I'm looking forward to finaly being able to equip my pitchfork and stab some people with it.

Oh and the link in the original post needs to be updated.

10. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    - What's a paladin?
    - Seriously?

Haha... Looks like someone really didn't like Ultima IX :D

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looks like someone really didn't like their history :D
    You are missing out on a few hundred years at least:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

Gamewise:
    Good first impression, but could need a few improvements:
    - The text in the cutscenes is WAY too small on an iPad Air. What's that, 5pt? This should be a whole lot bigger, easily 3x current size.
    - Automap: Pretty please? Can we get one?

12. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
  13. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #93 PietroNifosi, Apr 11, 2015
    Good one Elsa! Finally, someone pointing out an homage, in that case to Sergeant Noah (Antwiler :p).
    There's more.. keep playing.. read the books in the lore section.. experience the RPG genre oldschool style ;)
    In the meanwhile patch 1.1b (released in a couple of days from now) will feature improvements to the controls and combat system among several other things.
    And I do enjoy the comments when it's about constructive criticism.

-Peter

14. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #94 Elsa, Apr 11, 2015
    I've opened every crate so far and have all the books (except one I couldn't pick up; the button "read" shows up, but nothing happens, I think. Image attached, don't know where it is, but maybe you can make out the location). Though I haven't read any of them yet. I'm a book hoarder, must be a bad habit from Skyrim, where I collect all the books, but never even open them haha. I'll read them in this game though, once I finish it.

Really looking forward to that update. Oh, and I've pointed out more combat issues in the other thread.

[​IMG]

PS: My previous account name here was Primoz, just so you know that you didn't give a free code to some jerk who got banned :D

PPS: contact a moderator to change the appinfo link to the updated version in the original post of this thread.

15. mandrilo

mandrilo Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    update impressions

Pietro: thanks for making this game and for the update. The graphics are beautiful, the story interesting. Think of a more indie rpg in the ravensword vein. Of course animation need some improvement (for example when you jump the body movement could be more flexible) and maybe more fluid battle with more options for attacking (light sword hits-strong sword hits), but i love this kind of games on ios, i praise honest indie efforts and i just love the art style.A rivederci from Argentina!

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Elsa:
    For some reason I never got into Ultima, didn't click with me.
    I'm coming from the Bard's Tale, Might&Magic, SSI Goldbox, Wizardry corner of those years.

17. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #97 Elsa, Apr 11, 2015
    I can't stand turn-based games on digital devices (keep turned-based games on boards people!), though I understand that they were made because of hardware/software limitations back then, but in this day and age, there's no excuse. Though I still like me some heavy strategy in my real-time rpg combat.

Therefore I didn't get into earlier Ultima titles either and wasn't too invested in later ones, except for Ultima Underworld - that game rocks!

On topic: Pietro, you need to make fixing the blob-shadow your highest priority; the thing should be always on the ground and it shouldn't jump with you...

18. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #98 Elsa, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Finished the game, made a new friend:
    [​IMG]

I'll post my review tomorrow, or in a few days or weeks.

19. Lhoryndel

Lhoryndel New Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha -- but HEY! DO NOT underestimate the power of the legendary Ravenfork!

20. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Oh, I'd never.