Evil Master Overlord - Real time dungeon defense strategy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LCDDreams, Oct 15, 2012.

1. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    While I don't always have something new to post, I'm always happy to answer any questions (except release date of course). :)

2. Funday Factory

Funday Factory Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    This looks sweet! I love TD games and this seems like a pretty unique take on it with the combination of mazing, towers/traps and the EMO customization. Let me know if you ever need testers!

3. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Thanks! Yes, it's really more of a dungeon defense/castle defense than TD, but TD lovers should like it too. We think of it as a loose cross between Dungeon Keeper and Tetris.

As for testing, we hope to be there soon - I realize we said that a year ago, but we're really trying to get it done in the next few months.

And good luck with Tree Wars - fun game!

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Evil Master Overlord has already attained it's place in Touch Arcade Forums' Hall of Upcoming Games Limbo Infamy; out with it already! At this rate I'll expect some virtuoso gem shining with quality and unlimited fun.

Will EMO still be freemium?

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Lol :(
    Believe me, no one's more frustrated about the delays more that we are! Unfortunately that's often the drawback to indie development.
    And yes, the game will still be free to play with no pay wall. But there will be a number of places to spend money if you so choose.

6. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Hi everyone
    I know it's been a VERY long time since we last posted. FAR too long. Life and other issues got in the way, so we needed to step away from development for a while. But we're still here!

Unfortunately, we have also hit a financial wall. So...we are joining the Kickstarter generation and starting a campaign soon. But before we do, we want to get your feedback on the campaign. We have a special preview page set up where you can check it out and post your comments (or you can post them here too). We would love to hear what you think!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lcddreams/1666007669?token=406c99fc

We look forward to your comments, and feel free to tell your friends, family, enemies, minions, and overlords about the campaign preview!