Universal Evolution: Heroes of Utopia (By MY COM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 18, 2015.

1. HeadRush

HeadRush Member

Mar 15, 2015
    So my game keep freezing whenever i kill stage 125 boss or teleport to prestige. Ive had that happen earlier in the game and reinstalling solved it but not this time sadly. Anyone had this?

2. Almyn

Almyn Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I've had the odd freeze. I also cannot acces the friends list the past few days as I just constantly get the loading icon when I do, and have to force a reload. Also one of the offers that pop up at the side of the screen is stuck at over 300 hours remaining for some reason.

3. HeadRush

HeadRush Member

Mar 15, 2015
    #63 HeadRush, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Yea well ill just jave to wait and hope for a patch since i cant advance further or teleport

Really sucks tho i tried the game on another device and the same freeze happens. Gonna habr to put the game on hold im pretty sad

4. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Ooooohhhhh

Makes perfect sense now, and yea, what an absolutely horrid upgrade.

Also, agreed with the other guy on chests. Haven't had any for days.

5. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Are Stasis Grenades worth it?

6. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    From the description they freeze the timer for 5 seconds in a boss battle, and it buffs the other grenades by 50%. It's way too expensive for how little it does. I wouldn't bite at that price, no way.

7. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I like this game, but everything is stupidly expensive for a simple little tap game.

$30 for the three characters. $10 for stasis grenades. $4 for ad-free. And that's before we get into feeding the game gems for the progression stuff that eats up hundreds from the bigger users.

Characters and weapons in triple-a games don't cost 10 bucks.

8. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Like most freemium games there is plenty to spend money on but much of it can be skipped. I would spend to get rid of ads and to get the safes. I would maybe get the last couple of those drones to help the second half of the game. The rest of the stuff comes with time. The last drone I got was 2000 diamonds and I just got the 5 dollar diamond pack to get just enough to buy that last drone. Was not too painful when you know where to throw a little money to support them.

I also would not spend until you have played for a day or two. Never know if it just gets old quick. One persons game is another persons sleep inducer.

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I can certainly agree with most of that.

When you say drone, are you talking about the heroes? I can definitely see how the first one is useless and I don't really need second, but i haven't even seen the third one yet so we'll see when we get there I guess!

10. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    If you buy the no ads thing, do merchants always drop safes?

I haven't seen a safe in forever and it makes merchants far inferior to anomalies.

11. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #71 indalico, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    There's a really massive gap between buying the "ff" and "nn" heroes, if I'm remembering the costs right, and my last tourney I got stopped on stage 149. I came close to evolving the commander, but I'm not so sure how useful that is.

Android version has an IAP that gives a daily bonus of 50 gems for 30 days, and that costs $6.99. We could be seeing soon on the iOS version. If this did carry over to iOS I'm tempted to buy that as I'd want to unlock the 1500 gem hero, then the 1200 one.

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Evolution is pretty absurd. You're expected to carry over to evolutions after you get Pete to level 100.

I'm stuck trying to get to the dogs evolution. The problem is that the commander increases your tap damage, but NOT your idle income. So you have to actively play to advance from commander evolution to dog evolution, and that's a HUGE gap. Idling doesn't help here since the gains for even 24h are minimal in this stretch.

It's a huge hurdle and I'm getting close to going over it but holy crap I don't know if I have what it takes to keep grinding disks until I make it over.

Especially if I have to actively play so much during that evolution phase.

13. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Bought the 1.75k discs yesterday.

Still can't get to the dog. I might if I played actively for a loooong while, but advancement in 154-173 or so is aaaalllll active play, with your only advancement coming from anamoly collection. Idle during these stages does NOTHING.

It's a stupidly huge and annoying gap, and it's one I'd have to deal with every single teleport for at least another 20-50 teleports (the point that the content becomes a lot easier).

If I teleport now, I get ~175 discs, which isn't enough to upgrade any of my 8 techs. Realistically I'd be teleporting 20-30 stages earlier, and it's not worth it to play for hours to get half of one upgrade to a tech.

This hurdle sucks and annoys me. So does the snails pace of the teleportation progression system. Fighting for 4-10 place with all the other people stuck at the same spot is silly (people above me likely bought stasis grenades and/or the premium characters, all of which are stupidly priced)

14. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #74 indalico, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    I figure some people might be buying the 1500 gem hero. I see it has beefier attack compared to the "ff" hero that it comes after on the list. I looked at upgrades for this gem hero and the big boosts are at levels 10 and 100, for +200% and +500% bonus damage, respectively.

I wished I hadn't bought the 400 gem hero. I think it was good up to level 25. Now I don't really bother with it other than skills.

15. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I completely agree.

Long story short, this game has a giant 1500 gem pay wall. Advancing without that hero is supremely difficult and very, very time consuming.

Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like having him lets you play normally, i.e. using idling to help you progress (build up some cash for the next push)

16. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Got the dog.

immediately jumped from 173 to 200+ without an issue.

The 155-173 range (when commander is the ONLY dps) needs to be looked at. It's a giant, massive, and insulting pay wall. Not having the $15-20 hero means that range will truly suck. Clearly my tech is upgraded enough since 174-200+ is child's play to me, yet getting there takes hours of active play effort.

Fix plz devs. I've gotten 2 more tech this play through, and gotten them easily, but neither will help me with the problem area in future runs. pushing for another, hoping it's something useful.

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    No word from devs on the annoyingness that is a horrible (pay)wall in their game.

Stopped playing. Almost spent money a few times but the absurdity of the costs turned me away.

18. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #78 indalico, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    They promised updates on their Facebook. What I don't get is why Android is ahead of updates compared to iOS. Even worse their last update was nearly a month ago (December 29, 2015). They had plenty of time to have the update for us. Surely they want to sell that new daily bonus subscription IAP. And that price more than doubled, now at $6.99.

I have 1003 gems now. I guess I'll be grinding for 6 more achievements for 300 gems and the ads bonus to hit 1500.

19. Swelab Games

Swelab Games Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Sweden, Malmo
    Amazing game

You have really good game, best luck to you.

20. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I'm not so sure how many heroes this game has. I ran into a 4th hero that costs gems, costing 2000. Prices aren't cheap with 400, 1200, 1500, and 2000; this is only 5100 total gems.

I hit my longest run so far, at stage 235. I got my 12th tech overall, -2% hero cost per level is the most useful thing I've seen in awhile.

It really feels like a pay to win game. Evolving isn't that helpful when I have slightly less damage on my newly-evolved hero compared to the previous one I've been leveling up. I've felt like deleting this. Game balance sucks.