Universal Evolution: Heroes of Utopia (By MY COM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 18, 2015.

1. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I stopped that long run at 246. I picked up my 13th tech at around 240. I don't remember exactly when that happened.

Here's all the tech modifiers I have, in the order shown in game:
    (per level)
    +1% critical chance
    +1 anomaly
    +10% chance of 1 magmatite from a boss
    +10% chance of 1 medal from a boss
    -1 monster per level
    +5% damage to bosses
    +5% medals at tournament
    +10% award for Brother Thorius (daily bonus I think, I haven't leveled it yet)
    +5% critical damage
    +5% disks for teleport
    +1 second to boss timer
    -2% hero cost
    -1% boss HP

All but 2 of these carry a team damage modifier. There's +10% biofuel with the hero cost tech. And of course the anomalies give extra biofuel.

2. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    I've been stuck in the 'void' for weeks now with no end in sight!!! 169 is as far as I've got and I struggle to even get back to it each play through.

I'm trying to fight the urge to put it down until they sort the balance out.

3. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    The hero cost tech is pretty awesome.

Too bad it's too far into the game to justify working towards. I was close to it when I quit but there's no way I'm suffering through the blatant paywall that is "the void", as the guy above me so adequately put.

Bro, 169 isn't even close btw. You gotta push through 4-5 more stages, which is depressingly hard with just your clicker hero. Might as well throw in the towel

4. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I just got the offer for the 1500 gem hero and bought it. It's there to fill the gap between buying Pete and evolving the Dog. I've not cleared that wall yet though I hit stage 160, it's much more easier to progress at this point now, and without relying on the Commander's levels. Still the Commander should be evolved just in case for its 2nd evolve.

I bought the 400 gem hero very early on and I only saw it come into play on that last deep run attempt. It evolves between Margaret and Vince. Roughly 10 stages after Margaret and about 20 before Vince.

I got pretty lucky and haven't spent any money on this. I can see frustration for not having the gem heroes with those large gaps. There's another large gap I saw with the costs between Roxy's and Simon's evolve which the 4th gem hero's evolve point is sandwiched in between. Without that 4th gem hero, there's about a 100 billion times difference in cost to overcome.

I don't know if the 2nd gem hero is really needed. Its evolve point is between Jaafar's and Frisky's, but Morpheus can be leveled for the first time before this gem hero evolves.

5. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Basically they took 4 of the better heroes out of the game and charged an arm and a leg for them.

That's literally what it feels like. The game was designed, everything was plotted and prepared mathematically, and they took four whole heroes out of that progression and put them behind a pay wall.

Literal definition of pay wall here, and it's not a cheap one. The game is essentially incomplete and unbalanced without those 4 heroes.

6. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    There's yet another hero in the game. This time Hank costs a few "xx" biofuel. I have no idea why they want me to spend more money than exists in the world in diamonds, when I only made it to "hh" cash. It narrows the gap with Roxy and Simon down somewhat.

They must have match making in use for brackets. I'm in a hell bracket now since I was too good for 4th place the last tourney. 70th place for Sector 184. Top 3 scores 512, 425, and 409.

I'll post some of my note taking for where the heroes evolve starting with the Commander. I'm missing some 2nd evolve data points. For a couple heroes the 1st level price is slightly off because I have 2% discounted, but it doesn't really affect the placement. Evolve costs didn't change with the discount.

Gem heroes on this list are in purple. http://imgur.com/JqAFsSc

7. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    The match bracket is very similar to Tap Titans. You stay in a weaker bracket and as soon as you gather enough tapping power or get through a certain number of sectors you are put in another bracket with the Sharks.

8. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #88 indalico, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Update has hit. It's got the gem subscription the Android version had for awhile that offers 2600 gems in 30 days for $6.99.

There's a weapon system in the game now. My first weapon was for the super expensive Pet Spidey that I haven't bought yet. It gives 30% damage boost to that hero. Getting all 21 weapons unlocks a new permanent hero. There's a $20 weapon upgrade IAP that I really don't know how useful it is.

They give better safe rewards now, at least for the magma and medals.

Disk payouts might have been buffed. If I end my run on stage 114, I get 90 disks now. Isn't that a bit higher than before even with the 5% bonus factored in?
    Edit: I don't think the disk payouts were changed.

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Ya let us know if progression is more reasonable now. I'd consider picking it back up if progression got fixed to some degree.

You get permanent weapons? From where?

10. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Check the Squad's Arsenal, above the Commander on the heroes tab.

They lowered the boss requirement for evolving. I wouldn't get too excited. I'm six bosses away from evolving the Commander and I have less than 1/1000th of the price to buy the option at this point. It looks like they now apply the hero discount to evolving, where the price didn't change on the previous version.

11. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I think I see what that $19.99 weapon IAP does now. The free chests can be opened every 3 hours. There's no guarantee it would even have a weapon; the second chest I opened had a ton of biofuel in it.

A three day wait with the IAP chests seems a bit much, even with 100% success rate and massive price tag.

12. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    The void has now been removed :) I was stuck back at 169 when I did the update. Now I have progressed to 201 and can still push some more. They have lowered the kills and money needed for evolving the rest of the characters which has worked a treat!

13. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I hit a level cap with the weapon that's upgraded through magma. It stops at level 8, just enough to get all 5 stars on the weapon achievement. The upgrade with medals has at least 9 levels, possibly a 10th so all 5 achievement stars are won.

I've gotten a new high level of 283. There's at least 19 techs to upgrade, the last I won gives 1% chance at 10 times the biofuel per level.

There's really only two kinds of things even worth spending gems on: gem-exclusive heroes and disks -- if they are offered. Disks look like they pay out about 10 times the value of the longest run, I've bought that option once and it helped out.

14. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Anyone else getting accused of cheating in this game by just logging in? I got a warning in their game last week and today I can't even get in the game. Their customer service is horrible. I sent 3 mails to them with just a quick reply. I think it's time to move on and play something else.

Just a heads up to everyone. How can you be told you are cheating simply by getting into the game? It's crazy!

15. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #95 indalico, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    I heard some people on facebook had that issue before. I don't think anything came of fixing the issue in this game. You're probably right, they don't care.

I noticed with an in-game download update they changed some things. It really feels like they nerfed the odds on weapons, or I have really bad luck drawing nothing the past few days. Not to mention a massive streak of getting only biofuel in safes.

They modified the goal before teleporting for some unknown reason. When I first saw the change, my goal was 120, now it's 121. A friend of mine completed on a single run and has a teleport goal of 61. I don't get the logic unless very short runs were more optimal than long runs for disks.

I'm probably better off playing something else. An RNG that feels like it's rigged on weapons. Hardly anymore progress no matter which tech I buy. A game designed for IAPs to progress.

16. leromeo

leromeo New Member

Mar 8, 2016
    #96 leromeo, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Technology Weapons

Here is the list of weapons (and my current level):

Laser Sight (critical chance 1%)-Level 25
    Anomalies Generator (more anomalies)- Level 3 (MAX)
    Magmatite Extractor (more magmatite from boss 10%)- Level 3 (WARNING: Magmatite becomes useless once you acquire the Dominion Machine Gun LV.8)
    Metal Detector (more medals from boss 10%)- Level 2 (WARNING: Medals becomes useless once you acquire the Protoarmor LV.11)
    Ambulance (Less chance to get injured by 5%) Level 5
    Black Spot (less monsters per level by 10%)- Level 5 (MAX)
    Elephant Gun Cartridges (more damage to bosses by 5%)- Level 20
    Careerist (more rewards from tournaments by 5%)- Level 1
    The Hand's Robber (more awards for Brother Thorius by 10%)- Level 3
    Vulnerabilities Scanner (crit damage 5%)- Level 12
    Disks-Finder (more disks at teleportation by 5%)- Level 19
    Chronoreduction Gear (more seconds in boss battles by 1)- Level 10
    Refined Biofuel (heroes cost reduction by 2%)- Level 25 (MAX)
    Poisoner (less boss health by 1%)- Level 10
    Evolutionary Leap (less evolution requirements by 2%)- Level 8 (MAX)
    Guild's Locator (more chance to meet merchant by 10%)- Level 10
    Improved Logistics (more biofuel offline by 10%)- Level 3
    Biomagnet (more biofuel for bosses by 5%)- Level 7
    Biofuel Extractor (more chance of x10 biofuel by 1%)- Level 7

Hope this list helps.
    My max sector so far is 905.
    I have all 21 of the weapons, and wow, talk about underwhelming. All it does is give your commander's tap damage doubled.

As far as tournaments go, I am going to stay away until I can get to sector 1000 without much struggle, and without cheating like most that can get there already are doing.

If anybody would like to update the weapons if they are maxed and I haven't reached that yet, I will be more than happy to add the max level to this list.

17. ArthaithSQ

ArthaithSQ New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Guys, I need clarification about Teleporting... The option just came up for me. But it's it very clear in the game... It says if I teleport, I start the game new, does that mean I lose all my heroes that I have collected so far and start from scratch?

18. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Hero levels are back to zero. You keep the gem heroes to use if they were bought.

19. ArthaithSQ

ArthaithSQ New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    All my heroes are bought with biofuel.... So I lose them all after teleportation? What's the benefit of teleportation then?

20. leromeo

leromeo New Member

Mar 8, 2016
    You get teleportation disks that you use to level up the weapons that I listed above, which in turn makes your progression rate faster in the beginning and enables you to get to sectors not reachable before.