Universal Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia - (by Minoraxis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    There appears to be a bug with the iPod Touch 4g - it is NOT displaying as retina displayed as shown with the photo in my earlier post.

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    This is all too common, unfortunately. Gameloft never did fix this in Splinter Cell, despite the Lite version being full Retina.

3. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    So are there no visible armor changes like in fantastical knight?

4. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Wow, I've only played this game for about 30 minutes and I'm already impressed by the sharp graphics and the great soundtracks. I'm playing it on an older device (iPhone 3G) and the speed is definitely bearable. The odd thing is that I don't think the equipment changes the characters appearance and that the shaded area of the minimap is actually area that you CAN have access too whereas the light areas you cannot - it's kinda counterintuitive, but not a big deal nonetheless.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I do not recall any visible armor changes in the beta.

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    No armor change in the beta.

7. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Like others have said.

The game suffers from the "hyperspeed syndrome" and is unplayable.
    The character runs across the screen in 1 second destroying all feeling of quality.

If you lower the speed the game runs in about 5-7 fps.

Unplayable, and iritiating that they realease the game when it's not finished.

FIX THIS!
    It's rated 1/5 stars until it's fixed.

8. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    It's all cool and all until I see the first quest:
    Pick up an apple.

What's next?
    Fetch 2 pandas?
    Kill 2 ogres?

I admit this looks beautiful, but does it offer something better than Inotia or Zenonia than looks? Say, intricate story, full voiced cutscenes, memorable characters? Or is it more or less the same? (It looks like it even uses the same engine with Zenonia as you can't move diagonally).

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Can't suggest this title to anyone. Its down right boring. The mechanics of having to do quest / kill 1000 of something to actually get your stats to improve feel tedious.

The forging / upgrade mechanics feel the exact same way since you have to kill monsters for drops that really don't happen to much to begin with. In fact sometimes you have to attack objects in the scenery to get items to drop and that doesn't always happen. "Because I love hitting a tree 70 - 80 times to get 3 apples to drop."

With as much grinding as you have to do, you would at least expect that you would feel some sort of character progression with your skills. But no, those are sadly earned through story progression quest. Which by the time you get to, if you have done the other quest to improve your stats, your basic skill / attack is much more powerful.

The dialogue is translated decently but it feels very... I don't want to say childish, but not mature enough for the scope of what is going on in the game.

10. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Is there any way to recover health without using items/skills/magic?

This game feels like Zenoia in every respect. Dunno why Vovin recommended it.

And how do I acquire new skills?

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    In the beta there was no automatic regeneration of health/mana and it could only be re-fouled with potions. Also in beta skills were awarded after completing certain quests.

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Thx undeadcow...

Just another KRPG that we've probably played millions of times now, doing the EXACT same things over and over again. Respawning enemies, weird collision detection, no character auto target/face target (very bad for ranged characters), fetch quests, grind... the list just goes on.

13. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Yes there was visible armor changes in that last beta

14. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    How do I increase my restore mana passive skill (female mage)? I stood somewhere and waited for my mana to refill but the skill doesn't increase (after 2 full mana bars).

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #56 Vovin, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

Definately not.
    Have you played the game or are your statements just assumptions? I assume you played it.
    I recommended it because I never had high speed problems and - even if this game is like other KRPGs - it is not generic, comes with a nice story from different points of view and looks really good. It is much better designed than a lot of other KRPGs on the store.

Show me one KRPG without fetch quests, enemy respawning and grinding.

This game is much better than the blurry, ugly and IAP ridden mess called Zenonia 3.
    Even the highly appraised Wild Frontier was button mashing, fetch and grind without end. It is the nature of KRPGs.

16. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Did you not read my last post about passive skills? The only logical conclusion would be that I have bought and played the game.

There's no point in showing you KRPG without all the mentioned 'issues', the problem is there's no creativity in doing so.

Also, what's the purpose of using the "blurry, ugly and IAP ridden mess called Zenonia 3" as a comparison? A lot of mediocre games would seem better contrasted to a inferior game.

I hoped this game would offer something new especially in terms of combat mechanics. Thus far, the game has not demonstrated any thing substantial that would set it apart from 'all the other KRPGs'.

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Hmm. So the dialogue is still like it was in Fantastic Knight, with characters going:

1: Hi, how are you?
    2: Good. How are you?
    1: Good.
    2: An evil person is attacking the land.
    1: Oh no.
    2: Please do this quest for me.
    1: Okay.
    2: Thanks.
    1: Goodbye.
    2: Goodbye.

Like that?

18. cashernn

cashernn New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    i just buy it a while ago n play it around 20 minutes, i love the graphic in my ipod 4 th gen :) , n the system very entertaining , great job minor axis :D

19. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    So you aren't getting the no-retina display bug on iPod? Has anyone else with a 4th gen iPod tried this out?