Universal Extreme Road Trip 2 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I have yet to get a challenge request on this one, but my friends list is pretty much just that, friends.

The game is why I hit this thread. I played the original some but got the impression that it was lopsided to push the inapps. Maybe it wasnt but i didnt dig into the gane enough to find out. Still it was fun. This version for some reason is just a ton o fun. Even with all the missions repeating with every car unlocked, I've earned in game enough cash to unlock all the cars purchasable by gold and two by cash. I'm enjoying replaying the missions with each new car. Great job on the game.

2. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I'm enjoying this game. Add me to Game Center, LukeYerti

I have 0 Game Center friends and decided to get it started because of this game

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm getting to the point where unlocking more cars is a grind unless you are willing to spend money on expendible in-game currency, which I'm not, but I have had a lot of fun with this. If they added a permanent coin doubler for $2 or so, I'd buy that, though I woudn't get that much out of it now because the rest of the new cars cost green bucks and upgrades are starting to turn into that too. Also, hopefully changing the challenge spam so it doesn't spam. Because this is a very addicting and fun game.

4. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    #64 henr1kk, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    I've been playing the game on my 3GS for a while. Today I got my iPad mini and installed it right away, but was surprised to see that iCloud syncing is not working. All the cars that I've unlocked on the iPhone are still locked on the iPad.
    Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: Just for clarification, none of my devices have been jailbroken.

5. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Speed really picks up in this game to a point that car just flies 90% of the time. I love it. Also i too wish for coin doubler.

6. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    A coin doubler, I don't think that would help me that much. I've already upgraded all of my cars to the max that I can with coins and have over 10K worth of coins. I've earned enough of the single use coin doublers in the game that I'm sitting on about 10 of those (which I only use for the larger coin collecting missions). The only thing I may lack on is the in game cash. I have earned about $28... spent $20 between two cars and have $8... which makes me fairly far away from one of the $20 or $30 cars. Still, I'd be fine just unlocking one or two more cars for the whole game. I've already had a lot of fun with it and have completed something like 20 of 26 challenges... and I haven't spent a cent.

If they had a $1 or $2 version of this game without IAP, Ads and with more in game currency earned through completing missions... I'd pay that. Maybe it's something they can do for Extreme Road Trip 3.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The update came out last night that is supposed to fix the GC Spam and also makes 9 of the hidden cars available (6 gold ones and 3 more cash). Still there are at least 3 missing cars based on how they are numbered in the game, I guess we'll get them in another update. Here's the blurb from the listing...

" What's New in Version 1.3

- 9 new cars! (6 sold for coins, 3 for bucks)
    - Fixed saving problems on jailbroken devices
    - Change challenge menu to prevent Game Center spam
    - Attempt at fixing crashes at 2000m, 5000m and at very long distances
    - Other tweaks and fixes

*** PLEASE REBOOT YOUR DEVICE IF YOU GET FREQUENT, RANDOM CRASHES AFTER UPDATING ***
    "

Right now, I'm going to pass on the update. I find the coin collecting, the ad watching to get a free crate (which I can spam the heck out of), and the overall balance in this game to be perfectly grindable without spending actual cash. I will however update once I get all the current cars I have through their final mission. I'm fairly close to doing that already on the 8 cars I've unlocked.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just curious... why would you pass on the update when it doesn't affect what you're currently doing in any way?

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I installed the update but am still scared to tap the challenge button. :) Plus unless they changed how they work, they are dumb anyway since other people beat the challenge with past distances made, instead of from that point on.

I do really like this game and play it a ton. Glad they did something about the spam (I guess, seeing how I haven't tested it :)

10. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I can't know for certain that something else didn't get tweaked that may affect my enjoyment of the game. I'm nearly to the point of finishing all the missions for the 8 cars I have unlocked. I have enough cash for a $20 car or the remaining $10 car.. but still even adding another car (or 2, pending crates dropping $$) into the mix I could probably barrel through everything by the end of the weekend.

Once I'm done with that, I'll update because I have a ton of coins to spend and hopefully will have enough for the next 6 cars purchasable by gold coins. :D

Sometimes with games you really love, it's worth waiting and seeing also if an update creates issues or not. The issue this update is supposed to solve hasn't even been an issue for me.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got a crash (back to springboard) once since the update, but otherwise it's been fine. I think now I'll say that what I'd like to pay for is ad-removal. 99 cents to remove the startup ad (which also takes forever to show up) would be a very nice thing. I'm glad they added more coin cars, as that gives me something to shoot for and new sets of missions. I have two of the $10 cars, but earning dollars is slooow, by design of course.

12. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The startup ad can be skipped in the last version by just touching where the x is supposed to appear several times until the ad gives up and drops me to the title screen. Typically I can get it killed within a second of it showing up and starting to load. After that point the only ads I see (even when returning to the title screen) are if I click for the free crate and choose to watch a video.

Yeah, same here with the $$$ cars. The two of them I have are the second two (skipped the taxi as it didn't look crazy enough for me). But through just playing the game to death I've earned another $22 or so in cash. I may hold out for a $30 car or purchase the taxi and one of the $20 cars.

EDIT:

What are the prices of the new cars?

13. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    2 15000s
    One 100,000
    2 40 bucks and one 50 buck

14. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #74 VoodooVyper, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    My game never crashed before the update. Now it crashes quite a bit. I haven't been able to see when exactly it crashes and nothing seems to trigger it.. I'm on an iPhone 5. Not jb.

Update: played some more, crash only seems to happen when on coin runs. If I'm on distance run, it goes fine (made it to 60k with no crash). Coin runs I usually go slow and slam a lot to stay close to the ground. Using coin multiplier and magnet, the game crashed 100% of the time before 7k distance. Using magnet alone provided similar results. Using just the multiplier, it crashed but less frequently.

15. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks Scorpion008. There were more than that though... here's the list:

#007 - The Jack : 5,000G
    #008 - The Dragster : 7,500G
    #009 - The Toro : 10,000G
    #010 - The King : 15,000G
    #011 - The Charge : 15,000G
    #012 - The Golden : 100,000G

Well I got pretty much where I wanted this weekend and was going to update and the update had changed to a message saying skip this update. I was planning to skip it because of that message then I was looking through 3 other updates pending and accidentally touched the "Update All" button. Doah! Well, after the update I did have one crash but besides that, no real issues on my 4S with 6.0.1. It didn't matter if I was on coin runs or distance.. it all worked fine (and I put probably 3 hours in with the update). My son did mention on his iPodTouch 4th gen, that it crashes more but he's still having fun. Hopefully they get this fixed but it's not stopping me from having a blast with the game.

So far I bought two of the gold cars (The Toro & The Charge) and finished 93% with the Charge, and 26% with the Toro. Good fun... but I'm getting too good at this game. I have nearly enough to buy the two cheap cars or save a little more and get the other 15K gold car. I'll save the 100K Gold car for last.

I wonder when cars #018-#024 are going to release? Looks like based on the flow of things they are cash cars... which despite farming the videos for crates I doubt I'd end up with enough cash to actually get without IAP (which isn't happening).

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've had several crashes since the update, so that's annoying. However otherwise the game is still fun and at least in theory we don't have the challenge spam anymore (I haven't sent a challenge yet, though).

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #77 nightc1, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    Just want to report a bug here which folks can exploit and devs can see about fixing in the next update. :D

10,000m with 10 cars achievement bug. It looks like the formula used for determining if you get this achievement is total top score miles for your 10 cars traveled divided by 10 cars if you have 10 cars unlocked. If you have 100,000 miles added up in your top scores and unlock the 10th car then pretty much immediately after the powerup options disappear at the beginning of the level you'll get this achievement. Take advantage of it if you want to get it easily, though really once you get good at the game it's pretty easy to drive 10K with any car. My top distance so far is over 50,000m and I have all but 2 of the achievements (the level 50 deal and the one for triple tumbler).

18. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    How do you complete "travel upside down"?

19. yome

yome Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jan 5, 2010
    Game developer and founder of Roofdog Games (roofd
    Montreal
    You need to keep your car upside-down for the specified distance (so you generally need a pretty big jump to do so).

20. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Love this game. So fun!

Also like the new level system from the original game and the new cars in the update.