Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Heh, I still can't afford a single Midas. Been buying stuff from the shops to boost my characters.

I'm only as far as the book with Rose Red in it, and slowly making progress. Grinding books, leveling characters and boosting them with potions.

2. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Looked at your list of good heroes and noted Red Riding Hood isn't on it. Got her in a rare draw, and found myself wondering if she really isn't any good.

*note* I have both her and the Big Bad Wolf, and that's the only full lore team I have.

3. fableageparmenion

fableageparmenion Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    #1283 fableageparmenion, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Red Riding Hood (Fire) / Lancelot (Water) / Jack (Nature) are probably okay to good. They're very useful for link recovery. I'd definitely take them in certain spots. They replace the Master Alchemist and Elf Lords. Their only downsides are that they only go up to level 100 and they don't do a lot of damage.

I have a big spreadsheet of all my heroes and then heroes I think are decent and commentary. (I also have notes about their alignment, level/max level/active/passive/fully potioned/elixir enchantment/etc.)

It looks a bit like this:

Water
    1. Snow White, Master Sorceress: available in normal draw; max lvl=50; good early to mid-game up to HARD
    - Active: 30x Water strike vs. all
    - Passive: +40% Water Damage

2. Blue Marksman: Ranger available as drop and normal draw; max lvl=50; good early- to mid-game up to HARD
    - Active: 15000 Water Damage vs. All
    - Passive: +12% critical chance

3. Sapphire Master Alchemist: Alchemist available as drop and normal draw; max lvl=60; good early- to mid-game up to HARD
    - Active: 25 links recovered
    - Passive: +30% max health

4. Raiding Pirate: Fable quest drop and rare draw; max lvl=60; not very good overall
    - Active: Reduce damage 50% for 1 turn
    - Passive: +50% life for Water heroes

5. Water Savage: Water Brute as drop and normal draw; max lvl=60; good early- to mid-game up to HARD; replace with Mountain Dwarf Master
    - Active: convert up to 7 Water gems to Water burst gems (so instead of +25% damage, it's like +125% damage per water gem you take in due to passive)
    - Passive: +100% Water burst damage

6. Water Elf Lord: available as drop and normal draw; max lvl=35; good for early-game and maybe Elemental Spirit quests if you're in a pinch
    - Active: +50% damage for Water heroes for 1 turn
    - Passive: 4 links recovered if Water gem in link

7. Storm Sorceress: Fable quest drop; max lvl=80; useful in limited circumstances e.g., Cinderella Legendary quest and maybe Heroic Water lore quests
    - Active: Reduce damage by 20%
    - Passive: +35% Water resistance

8. Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice: Rare draw; max lvl=120; very useful all the time!
    - Active: 25% of life reduced (regardless of armor, enemy life, enemy element)
    - Passive: 12 links recovered per critical hit

9. Goldilocks, Master of Bears: Legendary quest drop; max lvl=120; useful defensive hero
    - Active: do damage based on life lost (not that much, I think it's probably like 4-6x based on life lost)
    - Passive: +20% resist all (including dark)

10. Sapphire Sage: Rare draw; max lvl=100; useful with only Lawful heroes.
    - Active: +75% damage for Lawful heroes
    - Passive: +30% attack, +25% life for Lawful heroes

11. Blizzard Druid: Rare draw; max lvl=80; possibly useful as medium auto-heal and destroying Nature gems
    - Active: Destroy Nature gems
    - Passive: heal 8x Druid's level i.e., up to 640 health per turn

12. Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods: rare draw and offered for fable stones (I think), max lvl=100; good mid-game hero for health bonus and sacrifice health for okay damage. Not so useful late-game.
    - Active: Sacrifice 75% of (remaining) health to do damage
    - Passive: +60% health

13. Cinderella, Princess of Crystals: rare draw, max lvl=100; good with water heroes and in the False Prince Legendary Quest.
    - Active: Converts Heart gems to Water gems, healing some amount (less than linking heart gems, however)
    - Passive: +30% attack, +25% life for Water heroes

Snow White (Water) Lore:
    14. Mountain Dwarf Master: Fable quest drop; max lvl=100; very useful mid- to late- game.
    - Active: Convert Heart gems to Water burst gems
    - Passive: +150% Water burst gem damage

15. Apple Witch Queen: Fable quest drop; max lvl=100; very useful mid- to late- game.
    - Active: 18x Damage Water strike vs. all
    - Passive: +4% critical chance for each Lawful hero

16. Huntsman, Warden of Ice: Fable quest drop; max lvl=100; very useful mid- to late- game.
    - Active: destroy Nature gems, heal 2 links per gem destroyed
    - Passive: increase max links by 18 per Water hero

I do not have these Water heroes, but I think they are probably worth it:
    17. Fairy Godmother, Granter of Wishes: rare draw, max lvl=120
    - Active: full heal
    - Passive: 40% block

18. Thrushbeard, King of the Ax: 8 referrals, max lvl=120; useful EXCEPT Legendary quests. His active, stun is the best stun in the game.

The downside of Thrushbeard is that for many battles, you're not going to be at 100% life, so you don't stand to benefit from the +80% attack.

- Active: Stun enemies (I think it's 3 or 4 turns) and 40x Lightning damage vs. all
    - Passive: If you have full health, +80% damage

19. Lancelot, Seeker of the Grail: rare draw, max lvl=100; restores links so replaces Sapphire Master Alchemist and/or Elf Lord

- Active: Restore 25 links
    - Passive: 7 links restored when matching a Water gem

20. Master Warlord (maybe)
    - Active: 40x Lightning damage to one enemy, Stun 1 round
    - Passive: if total life > 50%, +75% damage for Lawful heroes

I can do the same with Fire and Nature heroes if you want.

4. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I'd love that. Sometimes it's hard to know what to keep.

5. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1285 fableageparmenion, May 4, 2015
    Okay --

Fire heroes
    1. Red Marksman: Red Archer/Ranger available as drops and normal draws. Useful early- to mid- game up to HARD.
    - Active: 15000 Fire damage vs. all

2. Rose Red, Lady of the Flame: available for 20 Fable stones upon completion of her fable or rare draw; very useful for everything (or pretty much everything); max lvl=100
    - Active: 30x Fire strike vs. all enemies (up to 56820 damage if you get to level 100 and fully potion)
    - Passive: +20% critical chance (the highest bonus to critical of any one character)

Rose Red replaces Red Marksman once you get Rose. If you have both around level 50 in Rose Red's first (not-evolved) form, they're pretty comparable in damage. Once Rose evolves, she does a lot more damage and has a higher critical chance bonus.

3. Ruby Master Alchemist: Alchemist is a normal draw and normal quest drop; max lvl=60; useful in a mono-red/all Fire hero team for early- to mid- game up to HARD
    - Active: 50% reduction of damage for 3 turns

4. Fire Savage: Fire Brute is a Normal quest drop; max lvl=60; useful in a mono-red/all Fire hero team for early- to mid- game up to HARD.
    - Active: Converts up to 7 Fire gems to Fire burst gems
    - Passive: +100% Fire burst gem damage

5. Fire Elf Lord: available as normal quest drop; max lvl=35. Same comments as Water Elf Lord.
    - Active: +50% Fire hero damage for one turn
    - Passive: 4 links recovered if Fire gem in link

6. Blazing Witch: fable quest drop. Helpful in limited situations. Max lvl=80.
    - Active: 50% armor reduction (helpful for those minotaurs that cap max damage per round)
    - Passive: +35% Fire resist

Unfortunately her active takes a long time to ramp up so I haven't had much use for that. Her 35% Fire resist is the highest fire resistance for a single character (Flame Archmage and Flame Druid are only 30%).

7. False Prince, the Mad Knight: great damage inflicter. Max lvl=120. Legendary quest drop.
    - Active: For 5 rounds, reduce link cost by 2. (Translation: it's cheaper to link. If you have someone who restores links, this active makes your links come back faster.)
    - Passive: +200% critical damage, +8% critical chance

He's pretty useful all around if you can't decide on a hero to add to your party.

8. Beast, the Master Warrior: max lvl=50. Good early- to mid- game up to HARD. Available as normal draw and occasionally Beast lore Fable quest drop.
    The equivalent of Robin Hood, the Master Archer and Snow White, Master Sorceress for Fire.
    - Active: 30x Fire damage vs. All
    - Passive: +40% damage for Fire heroes

9. Sea Commander: okay early- to mid- level hero if you need a fire hero. Max lvl=60. Fable quest drop.
    - Active: Stun enemies for 2 turns
    - Passive: +50% life for Fire Heroes

10. Fire Swordmaster: okay early- to mid- level hero up to HARD. Max lvl=80. Rare draw.
    - Active: 2 strikes of 12x Fire damage (can hit one enemy or two enemies).

Would I take Swordmaster or Marksman? Depends if I want to double strike or the strike all. Swordmaster has a higher max level = more potential damage.

FIRE (Beast) LORE
    12. Castellan, the Beast Guardian: pretty useful once you get him up to late-game. Max lvl=100. Fable quest drop.
    - Active: 18x Fire damage vs. All
    - Passive: +4% critical chance per chaotic hero

Building an all chaotic team is a little overrated but one way to go. I think I'd rather have Rose Red, Lady of the Flame because she does 30x Fire damage vs. All and +20% critical chance, the same if you had 5 Chaotic buddies including the Castellan.

13. Belle, Princess of Beauty: replaces Fire Savage. Max lvl=100. Fable quest drop.
    - Active: convert Heart gems to Fire burst gems
    - Passive: +150% Fire burst damage

14. The Great wicked Fairy: medium linker. Max lvl=100. Fable quest drop.
    - Active: destroy Water gems, restore 2 links per Water gem destroyed.
    - Passive: Increase max links by 18 per Fire hero.

These three will probably form the core of a mono-red/all fire team since if you have 3 of these Beast lore heroes, you'll get a 40% bonus to health. (Same is true with the Robin Hood lore and the Snow White lore.)

I do not have these heroes but I think they are worth it (in order of greatest value to lowest):
    15. Guinevere, Queen of the Round: rare draw; max lvl=120. Can't beat 160 health healed per link restored. In combination say with Rose Red, Lady of the Flame and Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice, you're getting some serious healing.

The ladies (Guinevere, Rapunzel, Rose Red, Snow Queen, Fairy Godmother) are among the best heroes in the game.

- Active: Restore 12 links per turn for 5 turns.
    - Passive: 160 health healed per link recovered

16. Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard: amplifies damage and gives back links. Rare draw. Max lvl=120.
    - Active: Restores half of your max links.
    - Passive: "Combo rate + 100%"

So the math for combo damage goes like this:
    You get 100% of your matching character's damage for one gem (125% if it's a burst gem, unless you have someone who has a burst gem bonus).

For every gem you take in for that character, you normally get a 5% bonus (with Merlin, that would be a 10% bonus). For every burst gem, I haven't tested this, but I believe instead of 25% extra, it would be 50% extra.

Then you get multipliers in the middle (e.g., Thrushbeard, Midas, Paladin, Warlord, etc.). Then you can a multiplier based on your total chain length. Instead of 100% + (5% x (chain length - 1)), you get 100% + (10% x (chain length - 1)).

17. Phoenix Prince, the Lord of Ashes: Legendary quest drop. Max lvl=120. Strong damaging hero.
    Active: destroy enemy armor (very long 16 turn cooldown).
    Passive: Automatically damage all enemies by 6x power.

18. Red Riding Hood, Tamer of Wolves: useful in some circumstances in restoring links. Max lvl=100. Rare draw.
    - Active: restore 25 links
    - Passive: restore 7 links if you match a Fire gem.

19. Master Barbarian: might be useful. Max lvl=100. Rare draw.
    - Active: 8x Fire strike on one enemy, but this hits many (up to 8) times.
    - Passive: If total life is above 50%, +75% chaotic hero damage.

20. Briar Rose, Princess of Thorns: Cinderella's counterpart in Fire. Could be useful in limited circumstances. Max lvl=100. Rare draw.
    - Active: Convert Heart gems to Fire gems, healing a little
    - Passive: Fire heroes +30% damage, +25% life

I think people generally said
    Only keep 3 star heroes or higher early on.
    Replace Fire Elf Lord/Ruby Master Alchemist with Red Riding Hood if you get her.
    Replace Red Marksman with Rose Red, Lady of the Flame.
    Replace Fire Savage with Belle.
    Then keep only heroes that go to level 100 or 120 (and Blazing Witch for limited use).

Nature heroes next.

6. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1286 fableageparmenion, May 4, 2015
    Nature heroes that are available and "okay/decent" or better:

1. Robin Hood, Master Archer: normal draw, Robin Hood lore quest drop, beginning hero. Max lvl=50. Useful for early- to mid-game to HARD.
    - Active: 30x Nature damage vs. All
    - Passive: +40% Nature hero damage

2. Nature Savage: normal quest drop. Quite useful early- to mid-game to HARD. Max lvl=60.
    - Active: Convert up to 7 Nature gems to Nature burst gems.
    - Passive: +100% Nature burst damage.

3. Emerald Master Alchemist: normal quest drop. Not very useful except maybe for health. Max lvl=60.
    - Active: Shuffles gem board (in case your board doesn't look very appealing -- this is a random shuffle).

4. Green Marksman: Archer and Ranger are normal quest drops. Pretty useful early- to mid- game. Max lvl=50.
    - Active: 15000 Nature damage vs. all

5. Nature Elf Lord: normal quest drop. Max lvl=35. Same comments as Water Elf Lord (only useful up to Normal and maybe elemental spirit quests).
    - Active: +50% Nature hero damage for one round
    - Passive: restore 4 links if you have a Nature gem in the link

6. Ivy Shaman: Fable quest drop. Limited usage -- either use her or Dragonlite against the Dragon Prince Legendary quest. Max lvl=80. Best Nature resistance in the game (35%).
    - Active: Poisons enemies (does about 1200-1400? damage per round) -- this does have a moderate 12-round cooldown
    - Passive: +35% Nature resistance

7. Midas, King of Gold: 10 million coins. Great free hero! Quite a tank! (max health over 3500) Max lvl=120.

(How to get him fast? Don't anything from the shop and use 7 stamina and hit the Midnight Passage. I just assumed about 12,500 coins for each time between the quest bonus and selling the Ranger, or even with a reasonable schedule, maybe a quarter million coin per day.) Then you can hit Dwarven Vault - hard (or heroic, if you're strong enough) and that's over 100k coin per 20 [Hard] or 25 [Heroic] stamina.

- Active: Fully recharge links
    - Passive: +80% attack damage if you do an area attack

(Against non-boss characters, you'll be doing mostly area attacks, and the +80% bonus is big.)

Midas makes some good combos like Midas+Guinevere = fully recharge all links and assuming you have 120 max links (finishing all available content) = 19,200 health. Effectively full heal.

Midas is expensive but worth it. You can always buy from the daily shop later. Usefulness ... most of the time. Against singular bosses, it may not be worth his passive (you have to find a way to do an area attack to get the bonus and that costs links).

8. Siren Princess: fable quest drop. Max lvl=60. Not a great late hero; might be useful early- to mid-game for an only-Nature team.
    - Active: Heal 2.5x Siren's health
    - Passive: +50% more life for Nature heroes

9. Forest Druid: rare draw. Might be useful in limited circumstances mid-game. Max lvl=80.
    - Active: destroy Fire gems, healing 2 links per gem destroyed.
    - Passive: Heal 8x level health per turn

10. Dragon Prince, The Breath of Flame: Legendary quest drop. Big tank, but sucks up links. Max lvl=120.
    - Active: increase blocking for 5 turns by 40% (and max normal block is 50%)
    - Passive: whenever you get hit, for every 2% of your life, instead, lose 1 link.

For instance if you have 16,000 health, and you get hit for 12,800 (=80%), you would lose 40 links.

There are certain quests where his passive works against you e.g., Goldilocks Legendary quest battle.

NATURE (Robin Hood) LORE:
    11. The Sheriff of Nottingham: Fable quest drop; max lvl=100. Pretty solid. I use him a lot.
    - Active: Convert Heart gems to Nature burst gems.
    - Passive: +150% Nature burst gem damage bonus.

12. Little John, the Mighty: Fable quest drop; max lvl=100. Pretty solid.
    - Active: 18x Nature damage vs. all
    - Passive: +4% critical chance for every Neutral hero

13. Friar Tuck, the Devout: Fable quest drop; max lvl=100. Pretty solid.
    - Active: Destroy Fire gems, restore 2 links per Fire gem destroyed
    - Passive: 18 more links per Nature hero

These three form the core of an all-Nature hero party.

I do not have these heroes but IMHO, probably worth it:
    14. Rapunzel, Queen of the Tower: Rare draw, max lvl=120. Awesome damage reducer.
    - Active: Reduce damage taken by 40%.
    - Passive: If you take damage, convert 3 random gems to Burst gems.

15. Lord Robin Hood, King of Thieves: looks like the only 6* lore hero that has a lore bonus. I don't know if that's a bug. Max lvl=120. I think he's a very rare Robin Hood lore quest drop or a rare draw.
    - Active: Nature hero damage bonus +50% for 2 turns
    - Passive: +50% Nature hero damage, +20% more links
    And lore bonus with the other Robin Hood heroes!

16. Jack, Slayer of Giants: rare draw. Max lvl=100. Useful in some circumstances especially mid-game.
    - Active: restore 25 links
    - Passive: regain 7 links if you link in a Nature gem.

Replaces Fire Elf Lord and Emerald Master Alchemist.

17. Master Paladin: IMHO good (any healing is good). Max lvl=100. Rare draw.
    - Active: 18x Nature damage vs. all, restores some health
    - Passive: If total life > 50%, all Neutral heroes +75% damage

18. Ivy, Princess of the Vines: Cinderella's counterpart in Nature. Could be useful in some circumstances. Max lvl=100. Rare draw.
    - Active: converts Heart gems to Nature gems and heals a little.
    - Passive: Nature heroes +30% attack, +25% life.

I haven't decided if the Sage is good or not.

7. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Saved all the lists to a document of my own. I don't have half of them, but I have some. Can probably start getting Midas, though I've got no idea where to put him in the team right now, a bit loath to toss out my Siren. She's too much of a team saver right now.

8. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Spend the one fable stone to get 5 more slots! (Under Shop, bottom-most link "Increase Hero Slot")

Somewhere when you start being able to regularly tackle Heroic difficulty quests, you'll get a ton of Fable stones (basically you get 10 per month just for logging in = daily rewards, and 1 per Fable that you complete including Elemental Elixirs and each Fable quest e.g., Boiling Cauldron and so on).

If you do a conservative strategy of like only do easy and normal quests until all your characters are at least level 40, and then only attempt hard quests when you have level 50/60 characters and try to evolve as possible, you'll do okay. And then like "average level 75-80" and at least half or better potioned for Heroic-level difficulty, you'll also be okay. Don't be too anxious to get to the next level of difficulty (normal -> hard -> heroic).

As for getting through fables, it may be worth it for people who don't have Rapunzel to slow up and save to get Rapunzel (40 Fable stones) as I really don't know what your probability of pulling her during her week. It says +350% but if there are like around 40 different rare draw heroes and say you get a 4.5 out of 53.5 chance (or about 1 in 12) every 5 Fable stones you pay for a rare draw, I'd think it's less than EV to just spend the 40 Fable stones (EV=60 Fable stones).

So you have: Rose Red, Big Bad Wolf, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood and then Siren and Snow White? Not bad.

So if you can get some of the other freebies (Castellan this week, Marksmen, Savages, Alchemists, Elf Lords) that should provide you a pretty good base.

I believe our current pattern is:
    Next week Little John
    Then Apple Queen
    Then Phoenix Prince

Speaking of patterns, I wonder if the Chromatic Elixir is only available for the Monday/Tuesday after one of the Legendary heroes and the boss is the same element/color as the last Legendary hero. My sample size is only 2, so I'm not sure. I did notice that the Chromatic Elixir final boss was blue/water 4 weeks ago and is now green/nature... (and yes, I beat it in Heroic). Yum yum Chromatic Elixir.

The Elixir of Wisdom is available in two variants:
    level 5 (legionnaire), 1 turn less cooldown
    level 6 (legendary), 2 turns less cooldown

The Chromatic Elixir is likely to be the same.
    I have two level 5 (legionnaire) enchants currently, 7% resist all and 8% resist all...

This should help in the Godly difficulty. Although if I can get 52% (Goldilocks 20% + 4 characters x 8%) resist all or better... :)

(Am I being too greedy?)

9. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    #1289 Vendince, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    If you're greedy, so am I. I've spent more on rare draws than I should. Got a ton of not so good characters along the way too.

I'm kinda pleased today is the day it is. I noticed I was in need of upgrade mats for a lot of characters that only drop in today's dungeon. So with luck, I should be able to upgrade more characters today, which will help a lot.

*edit* Just managed to upgrade Snow White to Master Sorceress. She was lagging behind my team, who otherwise are 41-39.

*edit 2* Upgraded my Siren to Siren Princess, and decided to quickly do a rare draw. Got Snow Queen. Still in awe of that fact.

10. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Snow Queen is awesome. She's really key.

In my later fables, I was using a core team of Midas (area attack +80% is great!), Snow Queen (12 links recovered per critical is important), Rose Red (for critical percent).

You can see how you can add to this:
    4th character = Goldilocks for more resistance (unfortunately my Goldilocks is only level 110)
    4th character = False Prince for more damage (+200% critical damage and +8% critical chance)

I've largely been beating on the Chromatic Elixir Heroic difficulty for the last 24 hours or so. I use the Snow Queen/Midas/Rose Red/False Prince plus Merlin (friend) combo.

I get the sense the first Chromatic Elixir (or any Heroic quest for XP Tome/Chromatic Elixir/Elixir of Wisdom) is the hardest and Chromatic Elixirs are the key to getting the rest easier.

So the current proposal for the most difficult missions goes like this:

- Max level, max potion all characters
    - You can hit the Heroic difficulty of Chromatic Elixir, Elixir of Wisdom (although that's not as useful), XP Tome

Then to advance, you'll need to get your characters enchanted with Chromatic Elixir. I've gotten 5 so far:
    6%, 7%, 8%, and 9% Chromatic Resistance and a level 6 (!!!) 11% Greater Chromatic Resistance.

That puts me with Goldilocks at 56% resist all (without Goldilocks it's lower, only 28%).

Goldilocks does a ton less damage than False Prince however. I think I'm up around 16-17k total health if I put in Merlin so if I can get one more character with high Chromatic resistance and/or plus max level on Goldilocks I think I'm ready to tackle Godly difficulty.

11. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Don't have Goldilocks, False Prince or Midas yet, but working on Midas while getting books to level Snow Queen. Once she is at a good level, I was planning to switch her in instead of Snow White.

12. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1292 fableageparmenion, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Well, Legendary heroes come around every 4 weeks.

Next one is Phoenix Prince in 3 weeks. (It was Dragon Prince last week.) I think after Phoenix Prince is False Prince and then Goldilocks. So you're about 11 weeks out.

I couldn't find any friend or random player with an Epic Brownweave Bear, so I stuck in Midas, King of Gold.

The team was:
    Storm Sorceress
    Midas, King of Gold (or Epic Brownweave Bear)
    Rose Red, Lady of the Flame
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice
    Friend: Guinevere, Queen of the Round

** I have not spent any Fable stones in restoring my life in Legendary quests.

The higher the level, the easier time you'll have. For instance, I was maxed out and picked a Level 65 Guinevere and it took 2 hours. Then I took a Level 117 Guinevere and it only took 1 hour. The Epic Brownweave Bear also accelerates your Goldilocks fight (as the Bear gets a huge bonus in stats).

You'll find once you get levels up that you need to obtain certain heroes via their Fable quests (like Shaman and Sorceress). And then leveling those up in preparation for the Legendary quests.

And the lore heroes are very useful as well (even if you use them as a core team to get other heroes from Fable quest drops). E.g., use the Robin Hood lore to get Sorceress.

The Legendary quests are just long and part of the difficulty is puzzling together the right pieces.

The Heroic- and Godly- difficulty Elixir of Wisdom, Chromatic Elixir, and XP Tome are probably more difficult (IMHO). Some of the nastiest monsters and monster effects plus hardest hitting. 15000 Dark damage for the Godly boss? Ouch. At least if I'm over say 35% Resist all, it should be like a Heroic fight...

13. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    #1293 Vendince, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    I do have a brownweave bear myself, haven't leveled it much, though. But good advice.

*edit* Briar Rose on a rare draw? Must be my week for those.

14. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    I have an open issue with Blue Tea Games support -- somehow I ended up with -1 Chromatic Elixirs around 2200 GMT (well, 6pm EDT) and then getting another one around 12:45am netted me 0.

It looks like on the News that it's the War Princesses week (Princess Briar Rose, Princess Ivy, and Princess Cinderella) are +300% drop rate, which probably means you have about a 1 in 13 chance of pulling any of them? Maybe a bit higher?

I am half tempted to do a couple of rare draws around Merlin. My ranking of rare draw heroes that I don't currently have for the top 5 or so goes like this:

1. Guinevere, Queen of the Round
    2. Fairy Godmother, Granter of Wishes
    3. Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard
    4. Rapunzel, Queen of the Tower
    5. Master Paladin

I am back to grinding for Goldilocks to get to level 120 for a bit.

15. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Ack, hope you get it sorted soon. I would love my own Guinevere. Hopefully there will be an extra chance to get her soon.

And true, the extra chance likely helped, but given how many three star heroes I usually get, that was more me being impressed at two high rank ones in a row. Not like I can even fit Briar Rose in. Pity, though, rather like her design.

16. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Godly difficulty

I think there may be a bug in the XP Tome - Godly (or Goldy, misspelling):

It looks like even if you have Resist all, it doesn't count against the Boss. Or maybe that's a feature, "Special Dark damage." I get whacked for 15000 despite my 28% Resist all from Chromatic Elixirs and with Goldilocks, I'm still getting whacked for 12000 (Goldilocks has 20% base resist all, although I put a 8% Chromatic Elixir enchant on her).

Grrr.

I'm also doing a calculation while playing that goes like this:
    approximately 5% of my total health is healed per heart gem so I need around 6 heart gems and linking every gem in the board

If you do 6 heart gems and all gems on the board, that's a bonus of +230% =
    6 Heart Gems x 5% per heart gem x (100% base damage + 230% Merlin enhanced combo bonus) = approximately 100% of health

Of course if you have less than 6 Heart Gems, you're screwed.

17. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Wow, didn't get the Castellan, but I did manage to get Little John today. Must be telling me to make a Robin Hood team.

18. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1298 fableageparmenion, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    All Elixirs

Just FYI, I should be updating the Elixir parts of the wiki today.

You can only have one enchantment at any given time.

I. There are three Elemental elixirs from the Elemental Spirit key quests:
    Elixir of Nature
    Elixir of Fire
    Elixir of Water

All of these give Rank 1-4 enchantments of the appropriate Elemental Resistance. I've done over 400 and I haven't seen level 5. With Elemental elixirs, the best resistance is around 8% vs. specific element or 1-3% to max resistance plus 1-4% resistance.

Elemental Spirit quests are HARD difficulty (7 battles, all one element/color).

II. There are four elixirs from Battle Forge Elixirs:
    Health Elixir - increase health or healing
    Power Elixir - increase power/damage
    Critical Elixir - increase critical chance and/or critical damage
    Blocking Elixir - increase blocking

Again, the maximum I've seen is enchantment rank 4. As the healing per round side of the Health Elixir is just under 300 per round, it's not that good. The best is probably Blocking Elixir, which maxes around 8%.

These battles are slightly above HARD difficulty, almost Heroic (7 battles, multi-colored/multiple elements).

III. Game Drops
    The game will drop you or sell you in the Daily Shop:
    Apprentice Elixir - random rank 1-3 enchantment, any of the above
    Warrior Elixir - random offensive rank 3-4 enchantment (Power, Critical)
    Defender Elixir - random defensive rank 3-4 enchantment (Specific elemental Resistance, Health, Blocking)
    Heroic Elixir - random strong rank 2-5 enchantment from above plus possibility of Chromatic (maybe Wisdom?)

Oddly the maximums are higher. I can get up to 13% specific element resistance from Defender Elixirs and have gotten a Chromatic level 5 from a Heroic Elixir.

I usually sell all the Apprentice Elixirs I get or never buy Apprentice Elixirs in the shop as you only need those in lower difficulties.

My estimate is that Heroic resulting in Level 5 is about 5% of the time.

IV. Top Elixirs (Heroic/Godly difficulty, Monday/Tuesday)
    There are three very difficult elixirs:
    Elixir of Wisdom
    Legionnaire Elixir
    Chromatic Elixir

These only have 2 variants for quests: Heroic (and it's probably on the upper side of Heroic difficulty) and Godly, requiring 40 and 50 stamina respectively. 7 battles, and the boss is the hardest in the game, hitting for 9999 and 15000 damage respectively. Good news is that I think the boss is a specific element as opposed to Dark. This is comparable difficulty to the XP Tome quests.

All of these elixirs I think give you about 20% chance of Rank 6 / Legendary-level enchantment and 80% chance of Rank 5 / Legionnaire-level enchantment.

Elixir of Wisdom (replaces your current enchantment) -- helps with Active build-up/cool-down:
    - rank 5 / Legionnaire / 1 round less cooldown
    - rank 6 / Legendary / 2 rounds less cooldown

Legionnaire Elixir -- bonus to criticals:
    - rank 5 / Legionnaire / Bonus to both critical chance and critical damage (not sure of the range, maybe +1-3% critical chance and up to +60% critical damage?)
    - rank 6 / Legendary / Bonus to both critical chance and critical damage (have not gotten yet)

Chromatic Elixir -- resist all:
    - rank 5 / Legionnaire / Resist all, and I have gotten 6%, 7%, 8% and 9%
    - rank 6 / Legendary / Resist all, I have gotten 11%

Lower difficulties up to the end of Book 23 and until you have max level on all your heroes, you will want to target specific elemental resistances and/or Blocking, those are the most useful. For instance, with the Goldilocks Legendary quest, you will want someone with as much Water resistance as you can get (e.g., Storm Sorceress + 11-13% Water resistance = total of 46-48% is pretty key).

Once you can get it, and it looks like it's not that frequent, Chromatic Elixirs are pretty awesome. Hey, if I had 4 characters with say 10% resist all, that's like 40% resist all.

19. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1299 fableageparmenion, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    XP Tome Godly and other Godly quests

Was thinking about this more over the weekend.

As you can only see 24 gems at any given time and there are 4 different types of gems, on average, you should get 6 heart gems. However, the game might give you less or more.

So assuming you link in 24 gems and average 6 heart gems, as I posted before, that would strongly argue for Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard in your party.

At 6 heart gems, you get approximately 5% of your health back (I think its slightly more for the lower amounts of heart gems and slightly less for higher) then multiplies by a chain bonus.

Merlin has "+100% combo rate" which means you get 10% per gem above the first instead of the normal 5%, so all 24 gems regardless of type would be 100% + ((24 gem link - 1) x 10%) = 100% + 230% = 330%. So that should result in 100% healing.

His passive of Warmth, restore 50% of links, will be helpful.

It's usually a good idea to have some link restorer, so the best one is Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice.

If you're going to take her, you'll need decent critical chance (normal is like 5%), so that argues for Rose Red, Lady of the Flame.

I think that I would then test with two out of the four characters:

1. Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods: His passive = +60% total health is the best out there. Even if you have 4 lore characters together, you only get a 50% health bonus.

Granted he is only max level=100 (and all the lore characters except the "Rulers" are max level=100), but the +60% especially with a few max level 120 characters is going to be a big bonus.

2. Guinevere, Queen of the Round: Her passive of healing 160 health per link restored is going to be helpful just in case you don't get enough heart gems.

Her passive of Meditation (Next 5 rounds, heal 12 links per round) helps too.

3. Rapunzel, Queen of the Tower: Barricade, her active, is a 40% damage reduction. That would knock 15000 damage down to 9000, slightly more manageable.

The downside is that her normal cooldown is up at 20 and I've only gotten up to like round 15 before getting to the boss, so you're either hoping to take some damage early on or getting lucky until the active is ready.

4. Goldilocks, Master of Bears: Her Passive, 20% resist all, seems to be the only thing that reduces damage.

So I posit:

CORE TEAM
    1. Merlin, The All-Powerful Wizard
    2. Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice
    3. Rose Red, Lady of the Flame

POSSIBLE TEAM MEMBERS
    a. Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Forest
    b. Guinevere, Queen of the Round
    c. Rapunzel, Queen of the Tower
    d. Goldilocks, Master of Bears

Downside:
    Defensive teams, including the four members I mentioned for "Possible team members" have low damage. Even Merlin himself has relatively low damage (2000-ish power if you potion him fully and he is level 120).

My "Power Team" that I use to beat up the Heroic difficulty includes the core team but:
    4. Midas, King of Gold: Passive: +80% attack for area attacks -- you're going to use that a lot in the early rounds
    5. False Prince, the Mad Knight: Passive: +8% critical chance, +200% critical damage -- as a bonus to critical which restores links and a big bonus to critical damage.

His active (Shadow Technique) is useful for not burning as many links, so you get more links net after restoring.

Midas is in the mid-range for damage. I've potioned out all of my top heroes so here are some stats for max level/health/power:
    Midas, King of Gold: max lvl 120 / max health 3526 / max power 2158
    Rose Red, Lady of the Flame: max lvl 100 / max health 2574 / max power 1894
    Goldilocks, Master of Bears: max lvl 120 / max health 3800 / max power 2127
    False Prince, the Mad Knight: max lvl 120 / max health 3127 / max power 2490
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice: max lvl 120 / max health 3832 / max power 1948

I only got Dragon Prince a couple of weeks ago so he's only level 77. Not that I'd use the Dragon Prince in these quests.

Oh and the XP Tome - Heroic also has the bug that doesn't take into account your Chromatic elixirs.

20. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Congrats on getting Little John. He's a good add for a Neutral hero team and especially with some of the other Robin Hood lore heroes. I found Sheriff of Nottingham useful in many circumstances. My core nature team was Midas, Friar Tuck, Little John, and the Sheriff.

In the mid-game, you're using the Robin Hood (Nature) lore team to get the Snow White (Water) lore heroes plus any other Water hero quests e.g., Sorceress, Plundering Pirate, etc.; the Snow White (Water) lore team to get the Beast (Fire) lore heroes plus any other Fire hero quests e.g., Sea Captain, Witch. Then you use the Beast (Fire) lore hero team to get the Robin Hood (Nature) lore heroes plus any other Nature hero quests e.g., Shaman, Siren.

My Beast-lore heroes are all currently up around level 80-ish, so if I include like Rose Red, Lady of the Flame, crushing Heroic difficulty is pretty straight-forward. I sometimes swap out Castellan for the False Prince (critical % for both critical % and critical damage) and occasionally replace the Great Wicked Fairy with Snow Queen (+90 links is nice but not necessary).