Universal Fall of Angels- Original iOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FunnyTypo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Oh yes, quite a big update. Many improvements and additions to an already great game. Thank you devs for your work and constant updates!

2. joe1288

joe1288 Member

Feb 10, 2012
    help please

SPOILER ALERT

ok so my question is when you get into the ship hold at night, after scaring the guard away, how the heck do i get the little vial in the barrel, i have a hammer, lockpicks and i have the bug guy's net but that won't show. Do i have a bug or am i just seriously missing something X( i have a first gen 64gig itouch by the way

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think you can
    just reach into the
    barrel to get the vial by
    tapping the middle of it
    . I could be wrong about that but I do know I got it out and don't have any additional tools beyond what you listed. I think you're looking too hard for a puzzle solution.

4. joe1288

joe1288 Member

Feb 10, 2012
    yeah i tried that, but it keeps saying that he is not sticking his hand in there

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Try using the bug net, not sure why that's not showing?

6. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Ah, I've just looked into it (I'm the Fall of Angels dev).
    Normally you can just use the net to fish the vial out, but certain conditions can cause the bug net not to be shown on that screen. I sent a bug fix to Apple as soon as I saw your message, and it should be available as an update as soon as Apple approve it. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

7. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Someone get hold of the Crescent Moon team. This is a fantastic RPG in many ways but the graphics are really holding it back from gaining more widespread exposure and acclaim. And honestly its even detracting a bit from my ability to get fully immersed in it. But man if you could get them to polish up the graphics a bit and put their marketing muscle behind it, this could be a big success. As many of have said, the storyline is gripping. And I love the interactive puzzles.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Haven't had much time to sink my teeth into it, but enjoying it so far.

Only complaint, as was mentioned in a review or two, is the text boxes being cut off on the right side of the screen. Don't think I'm missing more than a word or two by line, but it's a little annoying. Hopefully aren't missing the point in any of the conversations.

Looking forward to getting into it more.

9. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Ooh, I've read a review that said the same thing but it was on the app store so I wasn't find out more... I've sent you a PM for more details so we can fix it if thats okay :)

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    No problem. Really there's not much to say other than that all of the text boxes that are on the right side of the screen are cut off. I'm playing on an iPod Touch 2G so I'm not sure if it's something that just occurs on earlier devices like mine. The game itself runs flawlessly so it doesn't seem like a memory issue. Just can't read the entire box when it's on the right side.

11. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    I'm stuck in the mines

I'm trying to get the five pieces for the cable car to work. I found the cog in the machinery, the cog that you had to shake the iphone to remove (clever) and I have two others, but can't find the fifth. I thought I had gotten five but guess not. Are the other three on the same map where the broken cable car is? I swear I've looked everywhere

12. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010

For the last cog you have to go back a couple of locations, I don't remember it too well (those mines are a bit complicated to navigate) but it was probably the same location where you found the rope ladder. There is a wooden shed, you can find the last piece on top of it, just use the rope ladder.

13. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    You're thinking of the mining cart (which requires six pieces). Not the cable car. I haven't even gotten to the rope ladder yet.

14. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    I think I figured out what the problem is

I went back to a previous save and tried recollecting all the parts for the cable car, but when I get to the machinery that you turn off and then remove the cog, it doesn't add to my inventory. I had 4 elevator cogs before, and when I removed the cog from the machinery, I still have 4. And it didn't add anything else to my inventory

I guess that's a bug then? Am I screwed? Or am I missing another part somewhere? I found
    four on the map where the broken cable car is, three on the ground, and one that you had to shake the iphone to get. And I can't find any more. And the only other cog is from the machinery, but its not adding to my inventory

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #55 undeadcow, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Theblackwolf is right about gear location. I have all 5 gears so if there is a bug it is not affecting me. Keep trying maybe.

I got confused too but machine shows 3 cogs. 1 knocks off never to be seen again, another cog you take, and another last one that can not be removed. If only 1 remains you likely have the cog in tha location. There is a bug that gives you text messages as if the other cogs remain after their removal. I kept thinking that damned last cog should come off and PMed the developer who told me otherwise.

16. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    #56 theblackw0lf, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Oh duh I'm an idiot. I thought I had tried grabbing the other cog but didn't. I passed that part.

Although now I'm stuck again. How do you defeat the
    undead monster after that? He's got three hundred hitpoints but as much as I hit him he doesn't die

17. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I beat him but don't remember there being much of a secret, just keep wailing away... you can do it.
    I think Flame Arrow hurt him significantly iirc and using Double Slash. I also used Roots a lot. So got it with Sariel and the brother/sister combi. During the battle he gets progressively more undead indicating your progress.

18. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Also
    after beating him back several times, you'll see a cracked floor underneath him- you can target the floor with your attacks. If he moves forward again, just beat him back to expose the floor.

19. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    Ok I beat him the first time
    but now can't beat him the second time. And what's even more frustrating is that I saved right after I drove through the scene where you have to stop fireballs from hitting the cart as its moving. Which means I can't go back and get more herbs or potions, and I'm stuck. Do I just have to keep attacking him, or is there a secret to killing him? Does attacking the floor work in this situation as well? I swear I must have hit him for around 4000 hit points

20. joe1288

joe1288 Member

Feb 10, 2012
    thank you, I really want to find out what happens in the game, its one of my favorite itouch rpgs even compared to ones like chaos rings and zenonia. Bright side about all this is that I have had plenty of time to go around to find out what secrets I can,