Universal Fancy Pants Adventures - (by Over the Top Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Well, every level is unique and hand drawn, so it takes up much more space than a tile-based game.

Is the file on saved on the phone compressed or uncompressed, though?

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    wow... 1.1 gigs?

i guess i better delete Rage off the ipad then...

a new 32 gig ipad 2 that has less than 2 free gigs.... i should have gotten the 64gig one -__-

3. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    After install the game is 1.1 GB. Its definitely a fun game, I'm having a blast with it so far.

4. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Okay, I spoke with the team and it seems like they left the images uncompressed since Apple compresses the game. We just didn't know that Apple uncompresses them on the phone, whoops...

On the bright side, we can compress the images and give everyone back that chunk of space in the next update.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the game! And many appologies to anyone who has to delete anything else in the process :(

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    How large do you expect the file to be after the update? I played this game on the 360, and would pay another buck in a heartbeat to have it on the iPad as well, but unless the file size is less than a quarter of what it unpacks at currently at most, it simply isn't an option.

6. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Aw, no 2nd gen support. Oh well...

7. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Shouldn't be much larger than the compressed file, from what I'm told. I understand, we're all really mad that this happened. Hopefully we can get something through quickly.

Just don't forget, please!

Also, I'm not sure if the price is an introductory price or not, it should say it on the game description. If it is, maybe you should buy it without installing it, I don't want you paying more than you need to :)

8. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Yep, asked the team about that too, the older GPU can't support the game, sorry :( We're not just blocking older devices for the fun of it, I promise!

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Game Impressions

Ive been playing for an hour and im already amazed by this gem...

it has so much content: each level has up to two mini games inside them, plus challenges and lots to collect, theres an arcade machine on the hall with more mini games... costumes and much much more....

the graphics are very well designed, with good animations, character animation is outstanding, and the player can do many things with only two buttons (up and down)...

levels are bigger than the iOS average, with bosses, cutscenes.... and im only starting the game (i hope)....

and now the controls: they are good, responsive but a bit tiny and when you jump on stairs your character moves a bit backwards before jumping so it can lead to some confusion.... but its nothing....

i already love this game, highly recommended to everyone specially platformer fans and lovers....

BUY THIS GAME

10. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry to ask goofyjmaster's question, but does this have GC achievements, etc.?

If not, any plans to add them later?

**Please say yes**

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    No GameCenter whatsoever, only Crystal... :(
    But hey, it isn't EA, so maybe there's a chance it will be added in an update...

12. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I really wanted to, I was pushing for both, actually. I'll definitely discuss that with the team. Pretty sure there's achievements for Crystal in there? If we add GameCenter, I'd imagine they'd cross over. I can't say for sure, though.

13. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Welp, I just bought it even thoughi don't have the space. It's just sitting there all forlorn and greyed out, just waiting for me to give FIFA the boot.

14. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    #54 eAdvisory, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    damn!! 1.1 gigs. the game is pretty amazing though, so i dont care

15. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Apparently that's not how it's supposed to be, a problem caused it to expand from ~300mb to 1.1 gb. I'll wait for the update because I'm low on space, but will definitely be buying this.

Question for the dev: How soon do you estimate the update will be out reducing the size?

16. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks for the replies, guys :)

Buying anywho!

17. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I just noticed this too after it finished downloading. Whoa! :eek: I'll just wait for the update before I put it on my device. :p

18. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Did the dev say when the update will be live? not trying to rush im just curious as to when is all = D tyty

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Was wondering why the game didn't install..then I saw the file size. Probably going to wait for some kind of update as well before syncing it.

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Another vote for Game Center. Not a fan of Crystal...