Universal Fancy Pants Adventures - (by Over the Top Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. drClaw

drClaw Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Game Impressions

I'm loving this game! I'm a platformer junkie (sometimes to my own detriment) and the Fancy Pants games hold a special place in my heart. I couldn't count how many times I've played the flash versions beginning to end. Maybe it's partially due to nostalgia, but I think it speaks volumes that when I play this on my iPhone I am equally immersed in the game as I am while playing on my computer.

Along with everyone else my biggest concern was controls. Initially I was worried about the size and placement after seeing the screenshots, but the left/right<-->jump/duck layout is proving to be quite responsive and smooth.

Chalk it up to bias or take me for my word, but this game is going to be staple in my weekly diet of platforming action for some time... especially if the filesize gets reduced ;)

VIVA LA PANTALONES DE FANTASIA!

2. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Woooot?! 1.1 GB installed... I hope it's worth my humble memory

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's my GOTW atm. Liking it a lot more than Kale in Dinoland. Will probably end up buying Waking Mars and/or a few of the other releases later today though..so we'll see how it holds up. But yeah, it's just as good as I remember it online. Can't wait for the update to lower the uncompressed file size by 800 MB to hit.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Say, does anyone know if 99 cents is the permanent price or introductory price?

5. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I get a saving icon when I go back to my house, so you could do that.

6. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    GREAT GAME...make space, delete something if you have to...Its worth it :D

7. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    It's the permanent price :)

8. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Yep.. It is definetlly worth 1.1 GB of space! I'm not fan of platformers but this game sucked me in! Its design and graphics are one of the best I've ever seen. And the way character moves, runs, jumps... Hanging from edges, etc is so well made!
    Really.. Everyone should at least try lite version. And for dollar... What a bargain!

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    And the best part is, as soon as the first update hits, it won't take 1.1 GB anymore. :)

10. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    I've been having a bit of trouble with the controls while swimming. Whenever I'm circling a guy and there's ground, I might accidentally go into the ground and Fancy Pants does his lounging around while I try to get him up safely without hitting the guy.

11. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I'm having an absolute blast with Fancy Pants! Wow. Best buck I've spent in a LONG time!

My only issue is that the floaty, fast character movements that makes free-styling so much fun in the level really impede the occasional need to pinpoint jump on an enemy (and Im horrible at timing the slide attack).

I just wish running across enimies didn't break up the over the top running trickery that this game makes feel so fun.

Overall an impressive game, loving it. Excellent controls, beautiful artwork and charming presentation. Awesome.

Would also like it be more clear on what I need to do in order to get 3-stars... ;)

12. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Downloading now. Reviews floating around and TA forum impressions sold me on it. Was not going to download at first with it being over a gig, but since developer said he'd fix that figured I'd give it a try :)

13. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    There are stars in random areas in every level. Unless you find them, you won't get three stars. However, there are seven objectives for you to complete, being:
    1st Star|2nd Star|3rd Star|Collected Snail shell thingies?|Micro Trial|NPC Challenge|Bottle

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Making room for this, too many positive impressions. Even though the size scared me off, I still need this now and not after update. I NEED MY FANCY PANTS! :D

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

As with ever platformer - iCade? PLEASE???

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

That's what she said.

17. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    If we could grade posts, I've give this an A+.

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #119 Vovin, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

Yes, and that's what she said... afterwards.

19. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Just wanted to say, in case it hasn't been said but....

Appspy gave Fancy Pants a 5/5 :D