Universal Fangz - (by Alexandre Ribeiro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 17, 2013.

1. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Surprise, looks like you beat the regular Wednesday launches.

Definitely interested in this. Looks like zombieville except with more unique graphics and variety

Might grab it!

2. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    No iaps? So is the story mode complete? Will you guys just be updating survival mode?

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I like it because there is currently not really another Hack'n'Slay Game out on the Appstore that does have an similar Humor like Fangz and since it did cost only a Dollar and so far I`m not regret getting it I don`t see why I shouldn`t rate it with 5/5.

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Cool bro congrats on the release. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself or can we go somewhere to read? The art looks fantastic. I'll probably pick it up tonight.
    Is this game tongue in cheek or are you trying to hit a more serious note?

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Man this looks good. That trailer just hooked me *runs off to appstore*

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks for clearing that up. :) I really am liking it as well!

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Why did no one wake me up? HAH!?!?!? Buying now. :D

8. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    #28 Game Whiz, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    My baby is perfect. Anything below five stars would make him cry :D

No IAPs because I believe that a game should be sold complete and that IAPs should come after, to add content to a game (although I'm considering typical IAPs if I get enough requests, since the game is hard and not everyone may want to invest the necessary time to beat it).

But Fangz is far from complete. Particularly if you guys support me on this.

Definitely tongue in cheek, but it does highlight some current hot topics.

A bit about myself... two years ago I was one of the lead system architects of a major optical network management system (working in a well known finish multinational company). I designed major parts of that system (to be used by very large telecom operators). Then I decided it was time to do something else, something that I truly loved. I used to love my day job, but the passion kind of faded away.

So, with the help of my dearest wife and daughters (now 6 and 3), I began developing Fangz full time (I had already started some R&D on the game's skeleton system). I met Alex Gallego, the game's artist, on a freelancer site. I hired him and through the years we became a lot more than coworkers. We're both very proud of what we've achieved here, particularly since we've seen games that are much smaller and simpler than Fangz being produced by 20+ people teams.

Go! Go! Go! Buy it three times :D

9. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Will get it later today, just because you said this. Down with IAP scum :)

10. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #30 grits, Apr 17, 2013
    f#*€ iap

Where are you from/live? It's really cool that you're so active on the forum. Keep it up! Hopefully we can be of some help and you get some good feedback.

11. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Finally something to spice up this short dry spell of lame games, this looks awsome, can't wait to play later today

12. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    I'll do my best to keep that scum away :)

Thanks!

I need to sleep... it's 6:38am here and I'm trying to get the Android version out. Apple was too quick this time, I was only expecting Fangz to come out tomorrow :)

I was born and I live in Portugal, now known to most people as a bankrupt country. That being said, this is paradise on Earth over here and even with the current crisis, it's a pretty good place to live (and particularly to raise children).

I hope you help me. I can't achieve what I want on my own. In order for me to continue to do this for a living (and I'm really loving it :D) I'll need to get sufficient sales to at least pay myself a modest salary.

As for feedback, keep it coming. I'll keep on learning till I die, and some of Fangz' features were suggestions from very dedicated beta testers (e.g. the weapon auto switch, when you run out of ammo).

This was a work of love, of true passion. I rarely see those anymore. For this game I merely concerned myself with doing the best I could, without many concerns regarding the profitability of the game. I'm still hoping this game at least pays for itself though :)

13. airwa1k

airwa1k Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    #33 airwa1k, Apr 17, 2013
    Well I like that your here taking feedback about your game and talking about things like iAP. I'll be giving this a buy after trying out OSX new card redemption feature.

Edit: Ok wow. Redeeming iTunes cards from OSX is so much easier. Takes a few seconds with the camera.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I certainly wasn't expecting Fangz to be out today either. I always have TouchArcade open on my laptop (yes, sad...I know) so I had to double-check I wasn't in the Upcoming section. :p So glad to see this finally out and I hope it's a massive success. My "HD" download should just about be done now, so yeah...*grins*

Get the Android version sorted out and get yourself some sleep Alex...you've earned it. :)

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #35 Amenbrother, Apr 17, 2013
    I am down with any dev more in line with my no IAP tune! Count me in on this game!

EDIT: Couldnt sleep and picked up the HD version and omg the color and graphics are amazing on this game! Loving it so far!

16. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    This game is what I expected from Zombieville USA 2 - I got bored quickly with that one but Fangz has awesome graphics, sound and animation. Had to delete some games to make room for the 500mb download but totally worth it, great controls too.

This is a damn steal at this price, seriously.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I urge you guys with retina iPads...if you're interested in picking this up, do yourselves a favor, clear up a gig and download the HD version. You owe yourselves that much. The graphics, animations and gore are so frickin' gorgeous.

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Not bad. Basically Zombieville 2 with a slower pace, and a somewhat tiresome double-jump mechanic. Nicely polished, with a good deal of upgrades and character, but I found it getting repetitive quickly.

When a game so closely resembles another, it's inevitable for comparisons to be made, and at the end of the day I feel Zombieville 2 is superiour on most counts. If you just can't get enough, this is a worthwhile addition though.

19. TheHItcherUK

TheHItcherUK Active Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I love the game, great art style and looks stunning. The only suggestion I would make is the option to switch jump and shoot buttons as its a little uncomfortable to hold on ipad. Great game though!!

20. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    I had to sleep a couple of hours before finishing the Android version. Let's see if it's out today.

Thanks!

Thanks! This is exactly what I set out to do, a faster paced side scroller than the ones currently available.

My thoughts exactly, but then again I made this game :D

I'm well aware that it's impossible to please everyone, but how does Fangz have a slower pace than Zombieville 2? And how is it inferior in most counts? If you can elaborate, I'll certainly do my best to change your opinion.

Thanks! One of the planned updates if a fully user customisable GUI. I'll try to put it into the first content update.