Universal Fangz - (by Alexandre Ribeiro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 17, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    HD is full retina and better sound quality. It looks gorgeous on my retina iPad.

I'm still early in the game but loving it! I have one suggestion though: can there be an "easy mode" where you aren't timed? It can get pretty hard and sometimes I just like to take my time and enjoy the carnage :D

2. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    So, far loving Fangz. I downloaded the HD version for my iPad but wanted a copy for my iPhone and didn't have much space so I also bought the SD version.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm really liking this. A lot. It has a ton of character and charm. Total ripoff for $.99. This is just so beautiful and fun to play.

Suggestions to dev:

1) I'm fine with where they are now, but being able to customize this controls for an iOS game is a must.

2) Easy mode with no timers!

3) Are you really taxing my iPad 4 so much that the bodies need to disappear almost instantly after they're killed? I'd love for them to stay on the ground longer, really gives a sense of carnage and gore and such :D Maybe a toggle in settings for capable devices? Same thing for the shell casings and blood/gore.

4) Umm...not much, I guess. Just tiny the niggles above. I need to get back to playing :D

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Honestly this has peaked my interest more than any of tonight's releases. Looks and sounds great from the impressions. Downloading as soon as I get wifi!

5. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Yup, and after playing it I think it'll be the highlight of the day. Love the sense of progression, leveling up weapons and stats, without any IAP, very well done. Not to mention the game itself is fun to play, very cool

6. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Easy mode? How about a hard mode ;)

7. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Very Well Done!!!

This game just oozes of developer polish. Zombieville 2 was a favorite, but this surpasses it in my opinion.
    The controls are incredible, gameplay is smooth and graphics/sound are crafted with care.

Again, very well done and worth every penny+!!!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I just got to the rap vampires. This game is making me smile and chuckle every other second.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats where it gets hard, well for me anyway. Man you have to try to not get killed then you have the timers pushing you too :eek: nothing wrong with a challenge though!

10. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #90 m44, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    This game is ridiculously awesome! I haven't been this into a beat 'em up since Castle Crashers. I just got the light saber, and it's even better than I thought it would be. :D

I absolutely love the controls. Thanks for looking into some colorblind friendly blood options. :)

I bought the smaller version, but I'm going to go ahead and buy the HD version while it's 99 cents (for when I upgrade to something with more gigabytes :) ).

I'm going to be putting some serious time into this one. It feels like a console game that I would download for $9.99

11. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Initially only bought the regular version as I was unaware of the HD version, but after the comments I doubled down and bought the HD version as well! Anyone on the fence about this game... Don't be! I rarely buy a game twice to own both versions especially when one was more than suitable; this game is a gem and deserves the praise it is getting!

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Go write a review on the AppStore guys!

13. iPhone Jones

iPhone Jones New Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Why are there 2 universal versions?

14. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Woot! Hey fellow TA member Connector has helped the devs for Plasma Sky and a few other games work out the icade controls. He will be happy to help you get the controls perfect for their upcoming deployment.

That last line is gold :)

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    One's 100 mb and SD, the other's HD, 1GB installed and has better sound quality and full retina. If you have a retina device, esp an iPad, get the HD version!

16. Destineo

Destineo New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Great graphics, hilarious texts, and silky smooth gameplay

This game is just absolutely fabulous. Since I bought it I haven't been able to put it down, which has angered my wife since it's on her iPhone 5 I'm playing :D

I've tried a lot of 99cts games and this seems like a typo on the price, since it doesn't feel like a 99cts game.

It's got the right dose of challenge and fun, frustration and feeling of accomplishment.

The texts are just impossibly hilarious and those weapon descriptions are like something taken out of Douglas Adams' Hitchiker's Guide.

5 star rating from me ... Congrats, can't wait to see what come's after level 3 (yup, after 6 hours, that's where I am)

17. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    How much does the HD version degrade performance? I'm on an iPod tough 4G. I'm also curious about the sound quality; I usually have my iPod hooked up to halfway decent external speakers when I play, so if the HD version has noticeably better audio I'd be interested. However, I don't know if the iPod 4G has enough power to handle the HD version well.

18. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    This looks cool but I wonder if it offers anything different than Zombieville USA 2, which I already own. Any thoughts?

19. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I don't usually buy this kind of game but just did, to support the dev! Congrats on the release and I hope it does extremely well for you!

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hell yeah! It's a lot harder and doesn't feel so repetitive. It's also FREAKING GORGEOUS. It has a funny story with lots of wink-wink innuendo, jokes and clichés that I found funny without being offensive. No IAP, so those of you always moaning about freemium, here's your chance to practice what you preach. There's also a really neat upgrade system.

For a buck it's a complete steal.