Fangz, by Game Whizzes - The undead never looked so good!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Game Whiz, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    I wasn't going to have iCade support. But you asked soooo nicely, in that kind of inverse psychology manipulative way that I so much adore, that I must give into it and add iCade support to the game.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to support it right from the beginning, but if I do, support for iCade will be experimental in the first version, since I'm adding it per your request and I don't want to invest too much time into it at first (i.e. I won't buy an iCade to test on for the first version).

2. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I actually don't have an iCade at the moment either, but I'm planning to get one and will very soon, I'm just looking for games that will have support for when I get it. I will definitely get one before release, though. Also, is there any way I could test this if it's in beta stage yet? I have testflight, I'm new to testing (I know, I'm a noob).
    Just send me a form if possible (BTW, I do all my TouchArcade stuff on my iPhone). I don't want to overwork you. I understand that developing games is hard.

3. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    I'll get in touch when I have iCade support integrated. The iCade SDK is pretty simple, so I'm confident I can integrate it without actually having an iCade. We'll see how it goes.

If there are any other iCade users out there interested in this game, please say something and I'll also include you on a small beta.

4. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Just finished up the vomit... what do you think?

I'm also looking for a name for this vomiting character. Any ideas? Try not to be gross, this is a family game :D

Later today I'll be adding another teaser video. This one will not be violent and won't have blood. I promise. Well... I'll try :D

Alex

[​IMG]

5. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    I vote for green vomit with name Puker :D

6. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    I posted this at our Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/Fangz.game ) and got very similar comments from other people. I have no idea why people think vampires would have green vomit. They're not zombies you know? :D

But hey, the people have spoken and green vomit it is :) The name is still up for grabs though. Puker seems very direct :D

7. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012

Maybe call it the Vompire?

8. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Lol :D

9. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Ok, that made me laugh :) I'm going to make a poll in our Facebook page. This name will be on it.

Thanks!

Alex

10. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Well with a new outfit you can call him Count Vomit!

11. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Maybe chunker for the puker.
    Or as my grandmother used to call it, upchuck :)

12. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Count Vomit (there's already a Count Barf) and Chunker are going to be in a poll I'm putting up today at our Facebook page.

Chunker has a nice ring to it. By sound it's my favorite so far, but then again, as you can probably tell, English is not my native language :)

I found this regarding chunker: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chunker

You probably meant definition #6 right? :D

13. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
  14. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Just saw this thread for the first time today. Love the artwork and the gameplay looks fast and fun. Definetly a day one purchase when it's released and the best of luck to you

15. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Hi! Thanks! And you just saw a tiny bit of the game. The other enemies, the bosses and the 10 level campaign mode really make this game feel alive :)

The gameplay is nice and balanced and two survival modes keep replayability at high levels. Best of all, I'll be supporting this game for quite a long time. I want to get as close to perfect in this game as possible. I want it to be THE 2d beat'em/shoot'em up in mobile app stores. :D

16. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I love your spirit Alex I hope everything go well keep up the good work!!!

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    To do that u have to beat zombieville USA
    If that happens INSTABUY!!!!
    :)

18. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Succeed or fail, I'm doing something I love. That's enough for me to be happy :)

19. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    I have the utmost respect for Noah (MikaMobile). He seems to be a very nice person, he's always helpful in Unity3d's forums and he does pretty amazing work.

This game is a bit different than Zombieville USA 2. The gameplay is faster and vampires don't stick as much as zombies :D The gameplay also varies a bit through the game, since some levels will be old-school beat'em up (you have to clear all enemies to advance), some others will be time limited and yet others will be a mix of time and kills.

In my view, Zombieville does some things better than Fangz and Fangz does some things better than Zombieville. Of course the definition of "better" is very subjective.

I don't think Zombieville and Fangz will be competitors. At this price range, if you like the genre, you'll just buy both.

20. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    #40 Game Whiz, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Our vomiting vampire now has a name: Pukenator ! If you don't like the name, blame it on Fangz' fans :p
    Also, due to fan request, we've made the vomit greener. It's now truly disgusting, much better than the brownish stuff we had before.

I'm also introducing an optional tweak to gameplay (settable in the options menu), that eliminates all gore and allows a three year old to love vampires to death (still with melee weapons and firearms :) ). Yes, I really don't have anything better to do in my spare time :D

[​IMG]

You can see a video of the Pukenator in action below.

Hope you like it! See you!

Alex