iPad Fantasy Adventure (by USERJOY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Looks like the description on that skill is wrong. I paid attention to it now, and I can only see him doing one attack.
    Does not seem to be a buff, despite the duration listed in the description.

2. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #102 Sheinfell, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Update on my current game, and some thoughts

So Roland, Nightfang and Charlotte made it to level 30, and I phased them out of my party, to get the "10 folks at level 30" achievement at some point. And, more importantly, to try something else than a close-combat, damage-focused approach.

Nightwind is still in, and will be replaced once he hits level 30; most likely by Liliana, so I can compare her Mageborn Special to that of Margaret (see below).

Claude replaced Charlotte, so no big change here. I'd say Charlotte is better, because her passive skills give better boni.

Aunas replaced Roland, also nothing much to write home about. I do miss Roland's "Crusader's Vow" skill, though. Making him invulnerable was great in a pinch.

My big surprise was how great Margaret is. Very fast attacks, plus range enough to switch between enemies quickly: no need to run up to them, just fire away. And her Mageborn special is great: increasing everyone's attack speed makes a huge difference. One more thing I noticed is that she does quite a lot of combo attacks, so decking her out with a +combo item sounds like a good idea.
    What I could not figure out from just looking at their skills is if she or William are better once they hit level 30. Might be they just have slightly different approaches for their overall setup.

Thought of the day:
    Party-enhancing Mageborn Specials are much better than those that do only a single attack.

Also, only have one Mageborn Summon in your party. They all share a cooldown, so you can use only one anyways.
    When picking your characters for efficiency, make sure that those without the Mageborn have good active skills.
    E.g. this rules Nightfang out pretty much. Despite being quite good overall (lifedrain etc.), I find only his Wulfen Charge skill useful for crowd control, leaving him with two other "nah, not so good" active skills.
    While Nightwind on the other hand can be filled up nicely, with two buffs and a crowd-control skill. No need to use his Mageborn, which only has a single-attack Special anyways.

3. nateparfait

nateparfait Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I started to switch out my lvl 30s and training my weaker ones to 30. Only 10 out of 13 is needed to get the achievement. But i am still pondering on the best party to have.

4. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #104 Sheinfell, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    I think "best party" depends a lot on your playstyle. And I am quite glad that Fantasy Adventure gives you enough leeway to use several, instead of forcing you to optimise like no tomorrow.
    On page 9, Dominic stated that the cleared all levels with two different parties.

Two general playstyles I know about are "skill-spam" and "autorun":
    Skill-spam should be quite obvious, you rely on your active skills to do damage, and use them as often as possible. Then it depends if you prefer and/or need more single-target damage or more crowd-control (e.g. the Thieves are good for single-target, the Mages for crowd-control).

Autorun means that you setup your party to work with as little intervention from you as possible. This usually includes things like lifedrain, regeneration, high attack and defense; with the skills - especially the passive ones - set to support this playstyle as much as possible.

You might even be able to work without a Healer, but that is a bit risky in this game.
    Characters who qualify for a party where everyone has lifedrain: Nightfang, Nightwind, Liliana, Brightmoon, Isabella.

Then you have the choice if you want add meatshields (e.g. Hilde), or if you want to go all-out on attack.

And lastly, you can choose between focusing on damage or enhancement (=buff) skills.

5. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #105 Sheinfell, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Liliana Overkill impressions

I just gave Liliana's Mageborn Special a try, comparing it directly to Margaret's.
    Well, Margaret cannot hold a candle to Liliana, so overpowered is her Special.

First, it lasts 30 seconds instead of Margaret's 10.
    Next, I think it pushes your combo rate to the game's theoretical maximum. For example, I saw one continuous stream of arrows from Margaret while the Special was on.
    Which makes Third: Looks you do not have to worry about using anything like +attackspeed or +comborate items when you take along Liliana. Just deck your folks out with whatever suits you. If you plan to go on a serious rampage, the +attack items should be your best choice, adding more damage per attack you get out.
    And Last: Her Mageborn itself is an excellent attacker; seemed better than Margaret's, again.

@nateparfait: Two slots for the best party seem to be filled:
    One goes to Charlotte; because it makes things easier to have a Healer, and she is better than Claude.
    The second goes to Liliana, for the obvious reasons stated above.

As for setting up Liliana's skills:
    I wouldn't pay attention to anything other than her Mageborn. Use the passive skills that suit you best. Add the lvl30 skill, for some extra crowd control, and fill the last slot with whatever you like. Chances are you won't ever need it.

Personally, to get the most attack power out of her, I would go with:
    - Her Mageborn, obviously
    - Glacial Lock (stops enemy movement)
    - Flame of Doom (crowd control AoE attack)
    - Glacial Lock Mastery (decreases GL cooldown, normal attacks get lifedrain -> quite handy)
    - Elven Hex (increases Att, but decreases Mov)
    - Burning Tornado Mastery (increases Att)

6. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    I see :D thanks for that tip. I wonder who are the other 2 more that can be considered the best among the 13

7. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Comes down to which approach you like best.

If you want to focus on damage, I think the two Thieves are best.
    Great skills to increase their damage output. And both get lifedrain, so you do not have to pay attention to healing so much. Only downside is that you need to move them around more than an Archer or a Mage.

My Aunas has the highest attack of the bunch currently, and he is only lvl21. Downside is that he does not get lifedrain, and his attacks seem slower than the Thieves'.

Nightfang is also a good attacker, and has lifedrain. But I do not like his skills too much.

As Tank, Hilde ist the best. But then, with Lialiana's Special, you do not really need a Tank anymore...

The Archers are also excellent attackers, are ranged, and can take some damage. But they don't get lifedrain, either.
    I think that Margaret dishes out more damage than Brightmoon, when both are under Liliana's Mageborn Special, but as we cannot see damage numbers, I am not perfectly sure on that.

For the Mages I found the least use so far. Once you get past level 20, you do not need much crowdcontrol / AoE attacks anymore. And that is where they shine.

Roland is the most versatile of all. You can set him up as Tank, Damagedealer, or anywhere in between. And you can focus on crowdcontrol / AoE , or on single-target damage.

I am leveling up Brightmoon now, and will go with her, Nightwind, Liliana, Charlotte.

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Max equipment Tier - Update

Either I missed exactly one tier for each Bracer, or there is a 9th Tier.

Because there are only 3 different Bracers (Warriors, Mages, Wolf), I wanted to fill up that achievement, to see if I get a nice reward.
    I have all 3 types at Tier 8 now, and cannot raise them further, with 88% on the achievement list.
    Increasing one type by one tier gives 4%.
    Conclusion: 3 tiers are missing, which would leave room for 3 tier 9 Bracers.

I will complete upgrading my armors next, see if I end up with a similar gap.

Question:
    Did anyone find Tier9 weapons, armors, bracers? Or accessories higher than tier 4 ?

9. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    How do you even check the achievement %? Weapons are definitely tier 8 at best.

10. 4evErXx

4evErXx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    #110 4evErXx, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    i guess i got the same problem. i got full tier9 set for my top 4 characters mainly liliana, aunas,hilde, and claude i just want to complete all the achievement now. i didnt purchase gold i grind till i got all the characters and upgrade my main 4 char's passive skill and right now i dont know what exactly i missed since i bought tier8 weap and armor after i finished all treasure dungeons. maybe it would be great if theres a list of things you collected. anyone knows what is the max level? my claude was lvl 47 right now and still receiving exp.

about the tier, you all know that cleric, mage and fairy(liliana) uses the same weapon, yeah. but not on tier9. cleric will be pure gold, mage with swirl of fire and fairy with light and other characters got the same fire thingy.

tip??? hunt on the last treasure dunguen. try to perfect each round so that you can get a sure goodies.

hilde? = lvl5 sword avatar - party invulnerability
    claude? = devine protection and its master full - for fire blowing bird
    liliana nad aunas for damage
    why aunas? = 1849 dmage 1048 def tier9 set full passive
    why lilianas? =becauses she's cute... and this guys owe me 100,000 gold each

use war god mallet for fast kill
    and moon elixir if you got some problem on timming for the last boss's meteor shower

and i would not recommend you to use or skill on damage all enemy on a line thing since it still got problem on TIME. game time, sometimes i found myself bashed will 1 hit kill after i use that skill, so i prefer not...

the game was good, the game was free, dont wanna spoil but try to look at its best part, thank you

edit--------
    -as you can see i got tier9(nine) so tier8 aint the best. you can hunt this at the 9-8 legend of nightshade. prepare for battle :D
    -best party? if you are not planning to purchase gold and not to grind that much then i guess choose characters withouht "decrease HP or def then boost attack, etc'' bec. some boss make an enormous pounding dammage even your cleric couldnt handle. Aunas got that passive but got allot of def instead.
    -best accessory is obviously the book that gives you high combo rate, since DPS and attack speed got into it
    -achievement? home>>>achievment>>>achievmentS

Attached Files:

11. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #111 Sheinfell, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks a lot for the info on tier9 stuff, 4everxx !
    What I cannot see from your screenshots: Are the accessories also tier9?

Are the last two treasure dungeons that much harder?

My current lvl20 party totally curbstomps the last Mageborn boss in the Chapter 2 Treasurehunt: Under 10 seconds, with Liliana's Mageborn Special activated.
    Without Liliana's Special, my level 30+ party (!) takes over a minute.

So right now I don't see a need for anything else than maximum attack power.
    And as far as I can tell, most endgame boss skills oneshot you anyways, even a tank like Hilde.

12. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    What I cannot see from your screenshots: Are the accessories also tier9?i

-got tier5 for the accesories. i guess thats the highest tier.

Are the last two treasure dungeons that much harder?

-yes! the 8-9 was hard enough because you have to deal with 2 boss. 1st comes first as you enter the map then 2nd boss come over time. 9-9? i spend much on upgrading skill with this one, i thought max colosus for cleric would be good enough since it gives all heal but still not good enough. then i prefer to max out hilde's avatar. with an AoE normal shot, its easy to lure the boss and its active skill (the one that gives your party a brick like barrier) party invulnerability i can survive some obvious 1 hit kill from boss.

My current lvl20 party totally curbstomps the last Mageborn boss in the Chapter 2 Treasurehunt: Under 10 seconds, with Liliana's Mageborn Special activated.
    Without Liliana's Special, my level 30+ party (!) takes over a minute.

-hunt here i'll give you screenshot. a matter of 10k gold per round. why did i prefer this one rather than treasure dungeon? you only have to deal with 2 maps here, 1 for the mob and 1 for the boss but still you got 2 loot, it will save you some time.

Attached Files:

13. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    I dont think i can complete Treasure Hunt 4 & 5 lol!

So tier 9 stuffs drops in Treasure Hunt 5 i assume? As well as all the higher tier accessories.

14. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    of course you can, last 2 treasure was difficult but with max hilde/roland's avatar, potions, and good cleric skill will make it happen, and this for the screenshot on 9-9 treasure dungeon.

Attached Files:

15. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    #115 nateparfait, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Cool! I'll try my best! Put aside earning gold, which map is the best map for leveling my characters?

16. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    gryphon boss at the last stage, or the scorpion second to the last stage(check my other screenshot). you need gold, max tier8 set and skills

17. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #117 Sheinfell, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Actually, I would start with Nightshade Ch.2 (4-8).
    Easier than 8-3, and gives more cash, which you will need more of in the beginning.
    One page back or so I wrote that I can do Ch.3 with a level20 party, and Ch.2 is even easier.
    If you got Liliana, it is a piece of cake :)
    When you can finish Ch.3 easily (should be ~lvl21-22, provided you use Liliana) , you can keep doing that for more cash, or 8-3 for more exp.

18. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    yeah but how about the exp?

19. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    So you train at 7-6 and gryphon at stage 8 map? Is that how you train till 40+?

20. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    kinda, since i use hilde and claude to tank other char to get lvl 30, it goes 4 main, 4 other char with other cleric then 2 more to complete 10 lvl 30 char