iPad Fantasy Adventure (by USERJOY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Admitted, the exp from treasurehunt Ch.2/3 aren't that good.
    But on the plus side they are easy enough that you can equip +exp items to make up for it somewhat.

If you need cash, Ch.2/3 are better.
    For exp, your stages , 7-6 and 8-3, give the better results.

As I wrote earlier, I'd recommend to do Ch.2 to get cash for boosting your skills, until you can do Ch.3 . Get some more cash and maybe a few good items, then move over to 8-3.
    I found the monsters in 8-3 a good deal harder than in Ch.3 treasurehunt, so you need some more staying power and also more crowdcontrol - which you can easily cover by adding a level or two to the level 25 skills.

2. 4evErXx

4evErXx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Yes, i go to ch 2 or 3 to hunt gold then to gryphon for exp :)

3. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    What reward did you get for 10 chars at level 30? Is it worth the trouble?

4. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    #124 4evErXx, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    100,000 gold and numb fingers lol
    im done with the braces and weapons too and the reward was making those gears available at the shop

5. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Too bad the rewards are nothing to write home about.
    Well, off the list go the achievements, not hunting after them now :)

6. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    2 loots more then im done with achievments,anyone here got a glimpse on cape tier 3 or 4? Any suggestion for a new free rpg app?

7. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I don't know any good free RPGs (as a roleplaying oldtimer I insist the term be used properly ;) FA is not an RPG), but if you like this kind of game, give Sefirah a try. It's not free, but 3$ is not a big price either.

As for real RPGs, if you are interested, let me know and I can post a list.

8. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    I prefer free hehe

9. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Guess you are out of luck then.
    All good RPGs I played so far have a pricetag, quality costs money after all.
    Keep in mind that iOS prices are ridiculously low, compared to PC or Console games.

10. nateparfait

nateparfait Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Hmm what about the best accessories? Are they the +Combo ones or +Attack Speed?

11. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    #131 4evErXx, Feb 4, 2013
    yes, and it upset me LOL
    i need more fantasy adventure then, i tried some RPG but didnt got much luck, and back to the fantasy adventure. I make a new party because at lvl 40+ char. cant get much loot, im waiting for an update, the 8-9 set for lvl 30+ but my highest was 48 now. i try roland and i guess he's a good tank too with taunt and vow mastery i got decent HP and def, well def can see at the stat and i observe HP at boss damage, on gryphon, he can survive the fire blast thing without buff.

did i spoil your game guys? i just want to help about the queries

Attached Files:

12. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Which RPG did you try and "had no luck" ? And what do you mean by that?
    Maybe I can recommend something for you, as I went through almost every worthwhile game in that genre on iOS.

No worries about spoiling the game, the more input the better.

Roland seems to get a boatload of HP. Even with lousy DEF compared to Aunas (294 vs. 864 currently), he can survive stuff that kills Aunas outright (when Aunas has the Knight's Path passive skill that reduces HP).

I just did a quick test:
    Stage 8-3, vs. the Griffin's shortrange attack (the "earthquake explosion"). None of the two had a HP-reducing skill equipped.
    Roland level 32, DEF 294.
    Aunas level 28, DEF 634.

Aunas got one-shotted, Roland survived with ~1/3 HP left.

Unless 4 levels make a huge difference in HP (which I simply don't know, as I cannot see that stat anywhere), Aunas is way more fragile than Roland.

I will try to remember this and run another test when Aunas caught up in levels.

13. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #133 Sheinfell, Feb 4, 2013
    Hints for stage 8-3 "Roar of the Gryphon"

First, I assume that you use Liliana here. Rest of the party setup shouldn't matter much, as long as they are strong enough to finish the stage.

Area attack skills (=AoE):
    I do not use Mages, so I cannot comment on their effectiveness.
    I recommend the lvl25 skills, for me they are enough to cover all AoE needs I have.
    Don't put an AoE skill on your Healer, unless you are VERY confident that you can do the stage without any of those skills: Healing Poem, Divine Protection, Divine Judgement. The three on your attackers should be enough.
    Always use Liliana's AoE skill first. She will be in Mageborn mode most of the time, and then you do not have her normal skills available.

1) When you see 3+ cacti on the screen, use an AoE skill to take them and any accompanying monsters out. This seems to be the best time to use those.
    The first time is right at the beginning of the stage, maybe 10 seconds in.
    Second time is shortly afterwards, ~45 seconds in; right before the first Bombers show up.
    Third one comes after the Phoenix shows up.

2) The Purple Mushrooms: Their skill stuns your party and can be very dangerous. When those show up, immediately use Liliana's Mageborn & Special and have everyone attack it, to make short work of the Mushroom. Next target should be any other highly dangerous enemy, namely the Turtle that shows up together with the second Mushroom.
    First time is a few seconds after the first Bombers come in.

3) Learn the timing for when to use L.'s Special again. If you use it just before she reverts from Mageborn, you can squeeze several extra seconds out of it.
    Depending on your speed, trigger the first reuse between the first "Guards/Soldiers" showing up after the first Mushroom, and right after you killed the last of those Guards.

4) Boss Gryphon: Immediately move L. away from the Gryphon. She is slow and needs a few seconds to get out of its shortrange AoE area.
    When you see a green aura on the Gryphon, wait 2-3 seconds, then use your Healer's Divine Protection to guard you against the damage of the Whirlwind.
    When you see a whitish aura, immediately move your melee attackers away. This skill (some kind of earthquake&explosion) can oneshot non-tanks.

Stage timeline:
    • First triple cacti, ~10 seconds. Use AoE skill.
    • Second triple cacti, ~45 seconds. Use AoE skill.
    • Purple Mushroom, at the beginning of the first Bomber wave. Use L.'s Special.
    • Guards wave. Reuse L.'s Special anytime between the first and last Guard.
    • Phoenix and Rafflesia. Go for the Phoenix first, his AoE skill is dangerous.
    • Third triple cacti. Use AoE skill.
    • Second Mushroom, together with the Turtle. Use L.'s Special.
    • Just some filler monsters left, boss coming right up.

14. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    #134 4evErXx, Feb 4, 2013
    that was really good advice, L's movement was really a problem ahahaha. and i use aunas not because of its def but with his damage although his def and regeneration give me ease on controlling my cleric since he didnt got much damage on normal mob. i think he got the highest attack and with the comborate book and his buff he surely got a better damage

15. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Yep, that is the downside of her "Elven Hex" skill. I made that a priority for bossfights: Always move L. away first ;)

But despite it turning her into a snail, I would not pass it up, the Attack increase is just too good, e.g. on skill level 5 attack goes from 771 to 1225, a 62% increase.

16. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    If the protagonist is riding anything I think of two options. 1; this game is a cash grab or 2; I'd rather ride that ass away. Sometimes I am truly corrected. I was providing insight, not a review. But when yu have to choose between nothing and someone with open sores... You're better off alone. I hope my country is smart enough to pick up what I'm mating down on multiple levels.

17. 4evErXx

Feb 2, 2013
    still stuck at 2 items missing, that would be wofs armor and an acesory that would probably... Tiear5 increase in attack speed. 8-9 aint too generous today. Sigh

18. jerryatdc

jerryatdc New Member

Feb 4, 2013
    GF loves it

My girlfriend does not play much games. But this one is an exception. The game is cute according to her. I am OK with this game. :)

19. Kalafina

Kalafina Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Yup. Also, Compared to Battleheart and Sefirah, it has more story-wise. Enchantment and Combination of skills make this game very playable.

20. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #140 Sheinfell, Feb 4, 2013
    Yep :)
    Despite all the optimisation talk and "what's the best party?" chatter, you can have fun with any combination of characters. Well, take a Healer along, but that's about it.

I had a good amount of fun just testing out the different classes and several party combinations.

And I finally won stage 8-9 for the first time, right on first try: with a lvl31-ish party: tier7 equipment and maxed skills.
    @4everx: You can win this stage without a tank, and it is not that hard ;)
    Admittedly things got a bit hectic with the double boss fights, but I cannot say thy were particularly difficult at that level. Just watch for their skills, move away in time or cast Divine Protection. Hardest part was to make sure that my guys all attack the same boss, with all the mayhem going on.

Think I am pretty much done with Fantasy Adventure for now, need a bit of a break :p