Favorite Dev?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gryphon23, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Its MY Opinion.... Also this thread is about our Favo devs, not just your's, Right ?
    Need more, read the Sig.

2. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #43 Mew2468, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  3. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    I'm not suggesting it was recently, apologies for not stipulating as much, but the fact the Imangi developers so quickly resorted to litigation instead of dialog leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

This is even more damning considering many people thought their Harbor Master game looked suspiciously like another game developed by Firemint.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You mean how Flight Control looks and plays suspiciously like a game that came out months before it called Air Traffic Controller?

ATC 4.0

C3 Software
    Control the Whole Sky! The fate of thousands rests in your hands, as AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER, you must routinely make sp…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Control the Whole Sky! The fate of thousands rests in your hands, as AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER, you must routinely make split-second decisions to avert disaster! Are you up to the task? From the flight control center you oversee all flights in your airspace and you need to control all in and outgoing flights. Be aware that thousands of passengers depend on you! ********* SPECIAL LIMITED TIME SALE ********* To reward our loyal fans, and due to the great success of ATC 4.0, we decided to place ATC on SALE! For a limited time, ATC 4.0 will be reduced from its regular price the lowest possible price in the App Store! We initially wanted to go on sale for 1 week, but we decided to extend the sale for a little while longer. We will return to our normal price very soon, so act quickly! Thanks again to all of our loyal fans! ***** Find out what critics are saying ***** Macworld 4 ½ out 5 “In short order, ATC 4.0 has become one of my favorite iPhone games” AppCraver 10 out 10 “I dig ATC 4.0 in a major way. It’s innovative, challenging and smart. If you like sims, then you’ll want to wrap your head around this one.” SlideToPlay 3 out 4 “We found that ATC 4.0 mostly generated the good kind of stress, keeping us glued to our iPhone.” PocketGamer 7 out 10 “ATC 4.0 comes cleared for landing by the Pocket Gamer crew.” iPhone App Reviews 5 out 5 “The thing I like most is the Survival game where you simply need to clear as many planes as you can before the inevitable mid-air collision ruins your day in the tower.” ***** Game features: ***** - Detailed graphics -- from plane blinking lights and runway lights to tiny cars that drive around on the road - Weather effects, clouds, snow, etc - Wind - Night levels - Elegant touch interface and waypoint system to manage planes - Collision warning effects - Sound effects - Multiple plane types -- from small planes to jumbo jets and military fighters -- all are relying on you to guide them to their destinations! - Airports with up to 6 runways to simulate a busy airfield! If you have a mania for busy airports, you will be satisfied! - High replay value with 49 levels! - Internet highscore leaderboards -- can you compete to be the best ATC in the world? - In-game tutorial - In-game help - Featured scenarios: - day levels, snow levels, cloudy levels - plane emergencies - computers crashing - hurricane winds - high-speed military planes - Presidential visits with no-fly-zones - and more! ********************************************* UPDATE INFORMATION & FORUM DISCUSSION To participate in a discussion about ATC, come to the ATC discussion/comments page : http://www.iphoneappindex.com/2009/02/06/atc-40-control-the-whole-sky/ [ TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ba76cu ] (Or, just go to iphoneappindex.com and type "ATC" in the search if the above URL(s) are too hard to remember.) ********************************************** ********************************************** TWITTER USERS! Follow me on twitter for app news: http://twitter.com/cculianu **********************************************
    Information
    Seller:C3 Software
    Genre:Action, Simulation
    Release:Feb 05, 2009
    Updated:Jan 02, 2018
    Version:2.6.4
    Size:46.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. unconnected

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    Well either way, it still seems a little hypocritical no?

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

It was resolved months ago I really wish I could figure out why people keep bringing it up. Does anyone really care anymore? They realized their mistake, have admitted it publicly, I'm not sure what else they can do to appease you guys.

7. unconnected

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    My old ma always told me a Leopard never changes it's spots, are you suggesting my ma was wrong Hodapp?!

As for their apology, it was a bit of a non-apology if you ask me and as others have stated, the developer of QUADRAM still had to make those changes and think how he must've felt with a legal threat coming through his mailbox one morning? I've been on the end of litigation before and I can tell you straight up, that it's bloody unpleasant and stressful.

I could as you say, be appeased, if it were a major player, like EA - but for an indy team to slap down another indy like that is beyond the pale in my opinion.

Back on topic: Firemint have turned out some really nice work so far, I think they've really set the benchmark for racing games with their Real Racing title.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I guess that depends if your mom has any suggestions on appeasing the 3-4 people who still care about old drama.

9. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Sorry, i didn't want it to mean that, im just saying, theyre to unpredictable. They do make good games, i just dont like their marketing strategies.

10. unconnected

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek!

I'm not trying to create drama, in fact I wouldn't have said anything, but when so many people highlighted Imangi as their favourite devs I figured it only proper to bring it up - as I said before, I'm betting many people hadn't seen those threads and I'm guessing some people here might have used some measure of ethical behaviour in their decision making process.

In regards to it happening a few months ago - people still call out Microsoft for mistakes it made with Netscape and that was nearly 15 years ago.

11. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    My favorite devs are, in no particular order:

Imangi
    Nimblebit
    Freeverse
    InMotion

12. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

#53 hawks12thman, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    As far as the big name dev's go, the winners are EA Mobile and Gameloft.

For the smaller dev's, Gamevil, Chillingo, Firemint, and Com2uS are good too.

13. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Godzilab- Don't know them? You will soon.

14. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    iBlast Moki, right?

15. firemint

firemint Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Making games :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow, thanks!

Hi everyone, we've just seen this thread and are really happy that even though we've only released Flight Control and Real Racing so far, we're already being included with some of your favourite developers - thank you, we're honoured! To show our appreciation I have three "rare as hen's teeth" Real Racing promo codes to give away to the first three people who correctly answer all of these questions:

1. Name the car classes in Real Racing?
    2. How many tracks are there in Real Racing?
    3. Name one of the social networking sites that Real Racing connects to?

Good luck!

Alex

16. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    #57 GaiaIllusion, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    1. Hatchback, Sedan, Muscle, V12
    2. 12 unique tracks
    3. Youtube