Universal Fear the Walking Dead: Dead Run (by Versus Evil)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    If it unlocked all episodes I would gladly pay three bucks and stop complaining but the coffee I just bought is both cheaper and will last me longer than a single three dollar mission

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This war of Mine? Seriously? You gonna tell me that's worth fifteen bucks?! #

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #23 LordShad0wz, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Ok,

So here's the deal. First off I actually like this game. I don't like all the IAP so I took one for the team and let me tell you what works best.

First off the first episode is quick. But the others aren't. I'm STILL trying to finishing episode 3. It's hard. And you definitely want to unlock all of the weapons from that pack. If you spend any money I would buy episode 3.

As far as playing in survival the best weapons to use are a mix of non IAP and one IAP weapon.

Character: unlock the mechanic from episode 1 and level up to use him. He's the best with the stats especially when his skin is maxed. Non IAP wise.

Primary, you absolutely want the automatic 9mm. Out of every gun even all of the IAP guns it is absolutely the best especially when it's upgraded. This weapon is non IAP. I bought most of the gun packs and honestly they nonstop suck bad. The revolver is just awful. I died more trying to use guns I paid actual money for. So definitely stick with the automatic 9mm.

Secondary. The tommy gun. Once you've upgraded it a few times it kicks ass. You won't notice a real difference until you hit level 4. At that level you will see it start really plastering zombies and be accurate and fun to use. This weapon is a non IAP weapon. My second choice is actually the plain ole shotgun. The problem is you don't carry much ammo. If it could carry a lot of ammo I'd probably say the shot gun is better. Non of the IAP guns were worth their purchases. None of them.

The melee weapon. Well truthfully the best weapon I've found and recommend is from the heavy metal pack. The sledge hammer. It is fast and it owns once you've upgraded it once or twice. Even out of the box it's the best. You'd think it would swing slow but it doesn't. So if you are willing to spend $.99 id suggest buying the heavy metal pack for it. Now if you can't or won't the non IAP weapon that's best is the hammer.

You do not have to spend money on coin packs. Simply get to the screen where it lets you view ads for 200 coins. After viewing and accepting the coins just wait 15 seconds it will light back up. Just keep watching the ads for the coins.

My set up is a fully skin upgraded mechanic with the automatic 9mm, sledge hammer, tommy gun, and ammo accessory. I do really well with this set up. It's actually pretty fun. I'm making my way through the missions and I'm almost level 6 where I'll be able to upgrade everything again.

I really need to beat the third episode to get the goodies and the soldier. It's just damn hard. I keep at it.

Billy

4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Hey Billy, thanks for TOFTT and for the impressions!

I'm really enjoying Survival mode but was a little on the fence about buying the episodes, because the first one is really short. But hey, you get the endless Survival completely for free, with no timers and no forced ads. Plus, the coin drop is really generous, I don't get why people are complaining so much!

My favorite weapon so far is the Assault Rifle. Fully upgraded it makes the game much more enjoyable. Still have to try the Tommy Gun, as it looks pretty cool. My best run is around 600 something meters.

5. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Next the walking dead:dead run, just thinks how many episode they will put to reach season 6.

6. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Nice graphics and art style, but the gameplay sucks.

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Wow they had to BS hardcore during the talking dead to hype up the game. Would've been fine if it didn't have those episodes.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ahh you beat the third episode! I'm jealous. How's the soldiers stats compared to the mechanic?

Also I love the combat knife. I still think the sledge hammer is better but stabbing them in the head is a neat effect lol.

I'm really going to try to beat it today. I agree that assault rifle owns. After that would be the upgraded tommy gun and then the shotgun.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I don't mind the episodes. I like the rewards you get from them. I'll pay for more. You really want episode 3. I'd say you can skip 2. Its the other IAP that I think is bs. Especially when after taking one for the team and purchasing everything I found non IAP guns actually much better than the ones I paid actual money for.

Billy

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just had an epic survival run! There was explosions. I blew up a gas station and then a huge jumbo jet crashed!

Level 6 now. I fully upgraded the automatic 9mm. It owns. It's definitely the best primary gun. I upgraded the sledge hammer again as well and next level I max out the tommy gun. I really love the tommy gun. I tried 2 more times to beat episode 3. I think I made it to the end and died lol. I also unlocked the hunters rifle and did the mission with it. I won't use it again. It only holds 2 shots. You spend more time reloading than playing.

Billy

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Game is crazy fun. I hope they put more episodes out. Ide gladly buy more in the future I still have a lot I haven't got to upgrade on each character.
    Whatever developer put this out did a great job

12. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Nope, I still haven't played beyond episode 1! I unlocked the Assault Rifle doing the missions on Survival. And I've been playing mostly with Nick or Madison, because of their healing skills.

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #33 LordShad0wz, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    The mechanic is better and are you talking about the accessory? Because you can upgrade and change that. Sometimes I use the Apache for the cool effect or use more ammo.

I guess I need more missions. I was playing episode 3 because you unlock the combat knife, the soldier, the auto 9mm which is better than the non IAP one, and the assault rifle. I didn't know it would unlock without having the episode.

EDIT- ok I unlocked the assault rifle. I unlocked a machete too. Now I get it. First it's absolutely better than the tommy gun. Second it is NOT the assault rifle you get from completing episode 3. You get a full M16 from the episode and it's better. So that's why you want episode 3. I have to admit though I fully upgraded that assault rifle which it looks like an AK47 or AK74 and it really is an awesome gun.

This game really is fun at its core. If they weren't so agressive and unbalanced with the IAP so many more people would like this game. Personally I like it so much I can't stop playing. I keep failing to beat episode 3 but I want to keep trying I'm not discouraged. And in survival when that jumbo jet crashed and bodies and cars went everywhere I actually worded out holy shit that was cool lol

Billy

14. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #34 hvianna, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    I'm talking about the character bonuses when they're fully upgraded. Madison will recover 10 health for every "Sharp shooter" (5 headshots in a row) and Nick has a chance of +5 health for getting a headshot.

The fully upgraded Assault Rifle will get you 10 extra ammo for every "kill frenzy" so it really helps getting farther in Survival. Besides, it's pretty fast to shoot and reload, so it's great to putting down mobs of walkers.

And yeah, that plane crash is pretty awesome! I'm usually not a big fan of minimalistic graphics, but they've done a helluva job in this game. I hope it does well in the AppStore so they keep adding more content, like different locations.

Edit - finished Episode 3. The soldier's special ability lets he tackle two zombies at the same time. The Automatic Rifle will give you +20 incendiary rounds for every kill streak (10 kills without getting hurt). Still working on fully upgrading it, but I can already tell it will have slightly less accuracy than the Assault Rifle, as well as a smaller clip size, less total ammo and slower reload time, so we'll see. The army pistol and knife are pretty good though.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    They just updated the game.

I purchased the dual auto pistol/uzi IAP and I have to say this purchase is one of the better ones. The dual auto pistols kick ass.

Billy

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I can say I've upgraded the weapons and wow if you spend no other money this dollar purchase for the duals is absolutely worth it. I'm trying to get to level 8 to do the last upgrade on the dual Uzis. What's amazing is you can target zombies both in front and back of you at the sametime with this purchase. And the weapons are actually really good.

Billy

17. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Can you unlock Strand on your own or does he need to be purchased?

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    by far one of my fav auto runners,
    has upgrades, currency to collect, quests, unlockables, grinding for progression.
    also it has episodes you can purchase... like ten of them