February Game of the Month Nominations

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Feb 19, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Starfront no doubt for me. NBA Jam takes second place.

2. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    League of evil!!!!

3. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Yes, i was a bit saddened that they removed the create a level and all the different cars, but the fact that you can "draw" your own car and race people's ghost more then makes up for it IMO. But they really seem to have improved with the levels creativity and style.

4. SourZe

SourZe Active Member

Jan 30, 2011
    +1

And I think you should choose Wild Frontier anyways.
    Because it came out of f*cking nowhere and outshined every other 2D RPG in the App Store.

5. ShamusLowlander

ShamusLowlander Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2010
    I say NBA jam. I am no sorts game fan,yet I already beat the campaign twice and unlocked everything...real fun

6. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #26 Neehan, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    I know its too early. The point is to create a list for a GOTM poll, we can add to the list for games that come out this week. This is also a good way for people to find the newest games to check out.

Here is the edited list to reflect everyone's feedback. Speak your mind on what games should make the top 9. I really don't think Battleheart or Wild Frontier should be eligible, but if enough people think they should we will include them.

1. NBA Jam
    2. Starfront: Collision
    3. Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden
    4. League of Evil
    5. The Blocks Cometh
    6. Jelly Car 3
    7. Karoshi
    8. Bugs Wars
    9. Cows vs Aliens

10. Devil May Cry 4: Refrain
    11. Infinight
    12. Ready Action
    13. New Bust-a-Move
    14. Volcano Escape

Edit: I will track votes for games to be put in and out of the top 9.

7. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I feel like I'm the only one who was not impressed by Starfront. NBA Jam by a mile

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions haha. Could you tell me why you don't like it though? I'm probably the biggest advocate of the game on TA atm so I'd like to know, and maybe I'll be able to address some of those reasons.

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Karoshi.

Very very very closely followed by League of Evil.

10. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Starfront! Followed by League of Evil.

11. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

Based in the options listed by OP, and up to this point, I'd say NBA Jam.

12. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Wild Frontier!!
    followed by Battleheart :p

13. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Starfront, good SP and awesome MP. NBA jam needs MP badly.

14. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Tiny Wings .

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #35 ImNoSuperMan, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    You know there is another way to do these game of the moths poll which might be a lil more effective than this one. Right now we have to limit it to 10 entries max (thanks to forum poll limit) and sometimes there are more games which are worth including in the list. Also you get to choose just one game as your fav. Or if you use multiple choice you can chose more but still you can rank it only absolutely. ie either yes or no. Nothing in between.

How about using something we already have in place. The appinfo ratings. like this one (click on the number linked below "Average User Rating" to see all the votes)..

World of Goo

2D BOY
    "iPad Game of the Year" - TouchArcade "iPad Game of the Year" - MetaCritic Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Go…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "iPad Game of the Year" - TouchArcade "iPad Game of the Year" - MetaCritic Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious. This is the FULL award winning game, now on iOS. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues. Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them. World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension. The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you. World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent! Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally. Congratulations, and good luck! Awards and recognition for World of Goo: * Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences * Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards * Best Design -Independent Games Festival * Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival * Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards * Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun * Game of the Year -GameTunnel * Wii Game of the Year -IGN * Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN * Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN * Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN * Best New IP Wii -IGN * Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN * Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards
    Information
    Seller:2D BOY
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Dec 16, 2010
    Updated:May 29, 2017
    Version:1.6
    Size:113.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (12)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Not too many are using this feature but this is the best way to rate games on TA forums. Just make a list of all the notable games of the month and link the thread with them. People can rate whatever they like without even needing to wait for GOTM thread. We can weigh their ratings based on the stars they decide to give it. They also have the option to change their ratings in case the game doesnt turn out as good/bad as they originally thought. Plus this data will stay with the app forever and will help non members / new members to find out forum ratings without needing to go through the whole thread just to find out how many people like/dislike a particular game.

Any thoughts?

16. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    This + a million! Seriously everyone do yourselves a favour and get this fame. It is easily as addictive as canabalt, monster dash and hook worlds and The art is awesome even without retina (trust me, it's that good) I cant recommend this game enough, just go to it's thread and take a look.

17. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I want to say Tiny Wings has got to be game of the month hands down

Also I like IMNS idea of doing this

18. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Good point IMNS, but sadly this feature is usually overlooked.

Anyway I retract my words on Karoshi being GOTM. It has been superseded 3 days ago by Tiny Wings.

19. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Tiny wings fan club UNITE!

20. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Now why would you want to go and ruin a perfectly unnecessary and overly-complicated process!? :mad:

Tiny Wings!

Still a good chance I will change my vote in the next week if Mission Europa or something else on my "anticipating" list comes out...