Ferrari Golf 3D - Screens, opinions? * * * * *

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by charlesp2, Apr 26, 2009.

1. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Is this even for the iPhone/iPod Touch because the screenshot said,"C to change view" or something like that? If it isn't an iPhone/iPod Touch this belongs in the other section of this website.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I thought i was the only one to notice, I just didn't post, I think it looks like a PC game?.... Not sure really, but if it's on Iphone the graphics look pretty good! But where the hell is the "C" button? :rolleyes:

3. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    (I said this on the first page)

(Random said on third page)

Only one to notice? LOL, look on the first page ;)

4. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Well, it would be easy to add a "C" button on the screen....
    He could even place an "°§°" button.

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    LoL, I guess your right, I'll guess we'll have to see once the "Build" is upped?... :D

6. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Since it is made with the Unity engine it can easily be ported to the iPhone. I think that is how Downhill Bowling was done since it can be played online as well. I could be wrong though...

7. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    But still...

why the logo has that greet flashing totem?
    Why his eyes are white?
    Why the Ferrari horse on the cars is mirrored?
    What's that "Turbo" banner for?
    If it's in California, why can you find "Scuderia Ferrari" banners around?
    "Hello World"???
    THAT bird is flying or stuck on the wood?

8. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Yeah, this game does seem a little sketchy at the moment.

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Question in bold is the most important.

Seriously.

Friggin' guy looks like he's about to hit us all with a dark spirit world eye beam, y'know, like Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China after Kurt Russel as Jack Burton ran over him with the truck.

10. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    omg LOL!!!! umm okk wow, that made me laugh so hard :)

11. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Whoa!! those graphics look really impressive, but as others said, this doesn't look like an iphone game. You would definitely have some major issues with Ferrari though, but you could just change the logo to something with a different name but the same design. That way it would still look like a Ferrari logo, but as far as the cars go, you would have to completely change them to avoid problems with lawsuits. But it looks cool!

12. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    looks cool when are you gonna upload the build

13. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

I think its a great idea......infact, I think the fact you wanna fuse it into a MMO is awesome.....how about this....

Create different upgrades that can be added on by completing different quests given by NPC's. Maybe compete in races to get from one town to another...once you complete a race, you are allowed to exit the vehicle as you have just "unlocked" a new area. Then you can complete MINI type quests in the area you are in....which allows you to unlock something (i.e. achievements, money, global score or whatever). What do you think of this?

14. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I am still confused on what EXACTLY this game is going to be like. It's a racing, MMORPG? That doesn't exactly... fit. Also, what device is this for: iPhone or computer? The screens look a little big (I know, he could've enlarged it). The graphics on the Ferrarri look a little sketchy and like a lot of people here said, if you didn't get permission from Ferrarri, you're in for some big trouble. Overall, this game looks pretty nice.

Send us beta versions? :D

15. dancom96

dancom96 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Uh... Where does it say that? Don't see it on the first page nor the first page of your link.

16. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Woow, lol, i didnt expect so many replies! :)

Awesome! LOL! This inspires me to continue creating the game! Now, here are some answers :

1. I named it "Ferrari" because I personally LOVE Ferraris. No I dont have permission from Ferrari and i WILL change the name and graphics. So far no harm done since all I have released is JPG screenshots. Whew.

2. You guys posted some AWESOME ideas lol, made me laugh so hard and excited me! Haha! ... MMORPG elements with racing would mix i guess.

3. Yes there is a build, yes its 13 MB, but no i dont think its worth playing right now, yes it has music AND a real ferrari sound with variable pitch engine sound and some Unity assets (3d meshes) and modelled stuff but its not enough to entertain you as intended as of now. So I wont uploadi t.

4. Thanks for the input. The idea here is to create a "I'm-rich NFS-simulator"... Since I see there has been good response

5. And yes it's a PC game currently, but can be ported to the iPod easily since its written in Unity... But not yet since I'd have to buy the iPhone Unity version..

6. Would you guys still like the build? Its fun to play, 13mb, i can put some easter eggs in there and its funny / fun to see the cam chase mode ... Also to run over the Herons is cool.

Best, and lets continue discussion / ideas welcome !

-Charles

17. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    #37 randomdude, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    We would love to play a build of it and Thanks! Also we want a mmorpg game for the iPhone 2 :p Also can you respond to my pm please?

18. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    what the **** are you talking about?!

19. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009

seriously what are you talking about dude

20. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Lol. Come on man! Mini golf with cars! Even Mini-Golf Carts! Imagine how awesome that would be to have mini-golf carts and even caddies when you hit the mini-golf range to show off?