Ferrari Golf 3D - Screens, opinions? * * * * *

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by charlesp2, Apr 26, 2009.

1. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Please refrain from using any form of bad words please. We want this forum to be clean and open to all people. Also since you're a junior member(no offense) please read the rules that arn has posted.
    . Also please refrain from insulting people here in the forums too.

2. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

I would like the build Charles, thank you :)

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    How much of this graphical quality do you expect to be retain in an iPhone port?

Is this meant to be an open world?

Can you customize your cars or do we just buy new ones?

Loving the scenic views btw, been a while since I've seen NFS Hot Pursuit type vistas in racing. Any beaches, cities etc to drive through? Are there a lot of rises and drops in the game?

4. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #44 charlesp2, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    Hi lol,

Wow, what a nice response rate. Now I am very interested in continuing development! ... Here are some replies to your questions :

1. Well the idea just came to me out of coolness, out of nowhere. I NFS-style racing in a giant-golf world could do... This idea needs playing around and maturing tho, its all about how much FUN the final gameplay is... To be FUN, games must be REWARDING

2. The graphical quality to be retained is not so much. I have to play around with the iPhone but at least know that since this is built using the Unity, and its vertex-lit, the graphics might be SOMEWHAT retained. Once moving it might not be so bad.

3. Yes there will be cities to drive through and wacky & cool golf castles / lava worlds / heaven-style levels / beach-rich-condo-cities (think san diego). That's the whole point to make you feel like
    you are rich and carefree, lol! I guess you could select a world to play in before you start playing and then just enjoy the instant visual satisfaction of playing the golf games OR accomplishing mini-missions (go find this, take here etc) OR Roadkill Barney-type games.. (follows)

4. There might be cool mini-games like "Roadkill Barney" and stuff (not Barney himself, I would think of something else) the whole point being you must try to run over a Barney look-alike dinosaur before he escapes town. lol. Again, just stuff I would enjoy playing myself.

5. Okay, you guys are convincing me of uploading the build, but without the Ferrari name or reference, and probably including a Drive Over Barney main game goal, I will PM all who wanted it on Tuesday since im too busy to do in tomorrow monday.

Best,
    stay tuned ! ...

This could turn into something good...

-Charles

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Even a youtube video would work, thanks.

6. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    First, get a license from Ferrari to use their brand, then you can plan on making your game.

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    If not you will get your butt sued just like the guy that made Duck Hunt now Nintendo is sueing his butt off

8. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    The guy of Ferrari Golf Millionaire Californian Buddy said that he will remobe the logos and stuff about Ferrari.

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Ohh.....Soz

Anyways I'll be looking for this on the app store

10. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Ooooh, bad words? They're even edited, you pussy! Please, kindly, shut the **** up. Thanks.

11. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    4 *s are acceptable, lots of words including 'kind' 'milk' 'soft' and 'nice' have four letters in them so I don't see whats so bad ;)

12. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Dr Ashworth I think you might be EDNG in disguise. Also you should also have edited the ***** word. Also I don't want you to be banned but yea you are making it more easy for the mods to ban you.

13. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Lol I'm just laughing at that right now.

As far as the game goes, Charles keep it up with the game. It looks amazing and I know, I for one, would buy this if it came to the Appstore.

14. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#54 schplurg, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    Except for the trees, the bridge structure, the birds, which are all stock unity assets. How far along are you really? The "Hello World" text is from one of the very beginning Unity tutorials. Did you model the cars? They look nice. Do they move? Is there AI?

As far as the iPhone goes, you will have to tone down the visuals a lot. Look at Ferrari GT as an example. The framerate gets choppy sometimes, and they are only rendering flat face buildings for the most part. You have mountainous terrain with a lot of objects in there. The iPhone won't be able to handle what we're seeing in the screenshots.

I'd be interested to see the build. Just make a webplayer version of it and upload it somewhere. Good luck :)

15. jaemcsd

jaemcsd Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I take it you have permission to use the name?

16. jtomlinson2118

jtomlinson2118 Active Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Are u still workin on this game? If so how far along are u?

17. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Blast from the past!

Whatever happened with this game?

18. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    What happened to this?