Fieldrunners 2 (By Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Guys managed to set a release date and a price?

Good for many to know before it comes out.

2. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Price isn't locked down just yet, but my personal expectation is that the pricing of the sequel will match the price of the original, at least for the iPhone/iTouch versions. That's just a guess though, I'm honestly not basing it off any insider info haha. I'll definitely let you guys know when we find out.

We've got a very likely launch day targeted, but I really want to make sure that everything is ready to go before shouting it to the world :) After missing the end of June, July 4th, and early July, I don't want to share launch date speculations until we know with absolute certainty that it is factual.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions :D

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island

4. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011

5. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011

6. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Seem silent at the moment.....@AtomicAlec, any surprise news for us?

7. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    #67 AtomicAlec, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Ha! I've been checking the forums all day waiting to see if anyone here has updates :) It's been so much fun chatting with people here about our game that I decided to plan a little surprise.

Apple gave us a release date for next week, but I wanted to wait until it was totally official before mentioning anything to you guys (considering we missed June, July 4th, and early July). It means a lot to us that you have all had the patience to wait out these false launches. So, I printed out Fieldrunners post cards with that launch date and chose 13 people at random (from these forums, our facebook, twitter and other social places) to get these special cards. We sent the cards around the world, so a few people will be getting them after the news comes out (ie someone from NJ will probably get the card today and leak the news before someone from Cairo even gets their card). Regardless, I expect a few people to get the cards today, and I'm eagerly waiting to see them leak the launch date to the world :)

So, there ya go! I'll continue to play the waiting game. Let's see when folks here get the cards and decide to spread the news about our launch date!

8. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Release Date!

Just got the card in the mail!

Fieldrunners 2 coming Thursday July 19th!!

Get pumped, and a big thanks to Subatomic Studios!

9. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
  10. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Talking to the team about finalizing that now :)

11. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I figured it would be released on a Thursday :( There goes my hope to play it while on the long car ride I'm taking tuesday. Oh well, looking forward to playing it:)

12. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Sorry we missed you! I'm on a long car ride this very second, so I feel your pain. For what it's worth, you can always spend that time honing your skills with the original game. Maps like Crystal Caves, Mudslide, Lavaflow, and Frostbite will kind of give you a glimpse of how to develop your strategies for the new hybrid maps we've added to the sequel :)

13. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Loved the first version of this game! Cannot wait for this one!

14. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    #74 mr_marts, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    For what its worth this is definitely one of the biggest relaunch iOS titles this year, and much like a good sci fi movie sequel picks up where it has left off with promising maps and hopefully new minions to destroy.

15. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Thank you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the game after you've had a chance to play!

Great analogy. Besides adding lots of new enemies, we've also created a super rare elite class of extra powerful fieldrunners that can only be destroyed by the best defenses. Some of these elite enemies were designed to reference real historic war vehicles. For instance, you can shoot down the Hindenburg in Fieldrunners 2. It's pretty epic.

16. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    will be waiting for the iPad version.. cant wait

17. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Is it Thursday yet? Ahh crap, whys time suddenly slowed down since the announcement?

18. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Any chance you guys want to reveal another tower to make the wait more exciting?

19. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    And can you give us a sneak peek at the app icon? Or has it been revealed and I haven't seen it?

20. iMitch

iMitch Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Four days out from launch, any finalized price yet??

P.s. I've never been more excited for an iPhone game launch! These next three days leading to launch are REALLY going to drag...)=