FIFA 15 Ultimate Team [Electronic Arts] Preview Video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iPlayApps, Aug 14, 2014.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    The next Acctive Soccer 2 looks like it will replace FIFA on IOS

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'll definitely take a look at it and see if it meets my needs. For now, I've at least got FIFA14, which does what I want it to.

3. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #23 strato g, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Yup I agree, that is possible. S.S.C. 14 is pretty good as well. I'm looking forward to S.S.C. 15. The top down genre has established a firm position. First Touch and Dream League seem to be the only direct competition for FIFA right now. I would very much like to see PES and Gameloft's Real Soccer make a strong comeback. I think that if Konami put the effort into development that PES would dominate on the mobile platform. I say that because considering how well PES looks and plays on 3DS, I can only imagine how a well developed version would look on the current ios / android systems. I like EA but the issue with them is that they are competition driven. They put hard work in on the FIFA mobile version, for the last few years because initially they were competing with Gameloft, Konami and First Touch. The Real Soccer franchise declined steadily, after RS 2010 and has since dropped off. Konami dropped off 2 years ago. First Touch is the last one to stand against, at the moment and is getting better each year. I guarantee that if Konami and Gameloft were on the scene and putting serious work into development that this year's version of FIFA would be running on a more advanced engine, with better graphics. With the power of current ios / android systems, I was expecting to see it this year, but the fact that we didn't confirms that EA works best only when they are pressured. With all that said, they are still a great company and I do appreciate the fact they include the mobile gaming community in their plans each year.

4. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    To be honest I don't blame EA for not trying with the iOS version... everyone buys the console version and the type of game that fifa is just doesn't work on iOS. They need to make sure they deliver for 360/ps3 as well as next gen, they can't spend half their year on the iOS version that let's be honest nobody really cares about

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    For the past three years the iOS version is the only one I've purchased because I like to play while watching the EPL on the weekends. But I won't be getting it anymore unless they put the manager mode in it. That's all I play on the FIFA 14 version. No idea why they would take it out when it is already implemented in the current engine. They just had to change names and skins! Oh well. Don't know if I'll even bother getting the console version since it would use the same tv to play that I'll be using to watch the matches in the first place!

6. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #26 AlexsIpad, Sep 8, 2014
    Unfortunately ultimate team has become so popular since it was brought to fifa a few years ago that they probably feel that they are wasting their time on the manager mode. Everyone plays ultimate team which is a shame because I've always loved manager mode. I guess considering these fifa iOS apps are free and you get virtually the same ultimate team experience as the console version is pretty good.

For me though, I just feel the gameplay on the iOS fifas is absolutely unbearably bad. The reason fifa is one of the best games on console is that every year they deliver a fantastic in-match gameplay experience, unrelated to the graphics, which is why people who don't play it say 'it's the same game!' And everyone who plays it knows they're wrong.

7. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #27 strato g, Sep 8, 2014
    I have a different perspective on that. I personally enjoy the ios /android version FIFA. I purchase the game every year, for each gaming platform I own. I actually returned FIFA 13 on my XBOX 360 because I enjoyed the ios version so much. I have FIFA 14 on my Nexus 7, PS Vita, Galaxy S4 and Ipod 5G. Of them all, I find the gameplay most enjoyable on the Nexus 7. Of course the PS Vita has higher quality visuals, but playing it on the Nexus 7 just feels the closest to the console version. But hey, that's just me. I think that if Pro Evolution Soccer was on the PS Vita, EA would give the PS Vita the same love as the larger platforms, instead of the Legacy Edition. As I said before, because there is nothing to compete with, they don't feel compelled to put anymore work into it then what they already do. Also, development for the mobile version of FIFA doesn't exhaust any of the company's resources because they have a development team devoted specifically to it.

8. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I view the iOS version as a nice copy of the console version which is fine to play when in the menus, but as soon as you enter a match, you see the poor graphics, the very bad, unresponsive controls and a generally very clunky experience that clearly just doesn't work. The thing is, while many control systems work on iOS such as FPS games, games like fifa will not work with virtual controls because they require such precise and intricate movements. I think they struggle most with making the movements of the players the same as console because the way the players move in the console version is all so dynamic and natural, with so many different possibilities. The iOS version just doesn't achieve this player control to even 20% the quality

9. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

Retro-styled and top-down gameplay? No thanks I'll just stick to FIFA 15 on PS4.