FIFA Mobile (by EA) - turn based online mobile soccer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 16, 2016.

1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #21 atchoo, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Look at Twitter Q&A: full matches will be there.
    But not career, so... :rolleyes:

For the graphics: I prefer old graphics @60fps better than shiny graphics @25-30fps.

Oh, I see Madden NFL Mobile and NBA Live mobile don't support MFi controllers. :(

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #22 Dailon80, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    I have now read and saw everything I can on this game and it's garbage sorry not just throwing it out there to be negative it's so true. First off while yes you can play full 5-6 min season matches. Your team will still be a fake team with low grade players and you will never get to play as Ronaldo messi Ibra or guys like that unless you spend thousands of dollars. Also yes they are on Twitter and they are getting roasted by the fans! I mean not one positive comment from fans there or on YouTube so I don't know maybe that means the fans don't like this idea but it's ea they don't care and will shove it down your throats anyways. Most hate seems to be directed at the graphics with some saying they went back to PS2 graphics and that's the number on complaint number two complaint is no career or kick off mode and mark my words they don't care. Really this whole thing is a slap in the face to mobile gamers it's as if to say you're not real gamers so we will give you this trash and for console we will give the true experience to the true gamers. I am not downloading or supporting this game in any way until there is a career or kick off mode to do is for me to be part of the problem.
    Now synopsis of this game as is and as they have presented it. It's madden/nba mobile meets ultimate team and I am sorry but I can't think of anything worse than that oh and with ps2 level graphics so yeah full download after install will be 300/400MBs but you get what you get for tha reduced size means worse graphics. I am actually now going back and I am thinking this will be worse than 16. I have even read comments of people asking if 16 will still be supported cuz they have no plans on getting this one. FIFA is dead on mobile officially unless drastic Changes occur before launch and it's probably too late for that. I don't rant on games and on developers but this is my one exception cuz there is no excuse when we have nba 2k16 to play on mobile and I will keep buying their game every season even though I'm not a huge nba fan at least it's real sports game on mobile and sadly it's the last one (from a big name co anyway) and hopefully it will hang around. Sociable Soccer can't come fast enough!! I would pay 15$ to have career mode that is all better than the 0.00 they will be getting from me now.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It drives me so f***ing crazy!!!!! Why on earth can't we have a m*******ing career mode without that ultimate b****t and the meaningless "attack mode" which in the video they said it's fun because everything is about attacking... No no no noooooooooo defending well is an art and I actually enjoy doing it!!! This is not bloody American football, we don't like the game to stop, we like it when it flows!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh they are making it so americanised T-T US sports and football are totally different!!!

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You're right in American football they have stripped defense with rules to make more points scored and in baseball they are still on steroids and HGH cuz most only want to see home runs so I follow your point. But this is more than just Americanizing the game this is slapping mobile gamers in the face and treating them like no counts and my reason cuz the could easily make a similar experience they do for consoles and I will keep saying it nba 2k16 is proof it can be done and be successful too

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, they even had a great compromise in FIFA14 where there was a pay to unlock career mode, as well as the Ultimate Team portion that you could play for free. That made me feel like they actually cared about reaching everyone who wanted to support them and football. But you're right. I've felt slapped in my gaming face for the past couple years.

6. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I want to cry so badly after watching the video... What have they done to my dear Fifa? What on earth have they f****ng done!?!?!?!?!? T-T

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
  8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    So it will need an internet connection and force you to be online? I prefer to buy it for 10 USD and premium to anything else.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Me too. And they'd get all of us to play if they'd just offer both career mode (for $10) and ultimate team. Such a waste of licensing.

10. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    It literally looks to be a completely online in terms of the game modes so I'm really not surprised nor disappointed. The focus on asynchronous multiplayer could work, especially for a freemium title, but it is obviously no career mode. That's just the way the App Store has changed, though. Just get Football Manager/console FIFA if you want a proper experience.

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd recommend FMM and Active Soccer 2 for managing and arcade respectively. Neither have licenses, but they've got lots of leagues. Also, The Soccer Player Manager 2016 is great for retro managing and arcade gameplay. And that's just free, not even F2P. I won't even bother downloading FIFA this year.

12. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I have FMM but will try out the latter, thanks!

13. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Soft launched in Canada on iOS. Need to click 'see all' games by Electronic Arts and it will be listed as FIFA Mobile Soccer. Will post impressions later.

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes!!!!! Finally, I am craving for some soccer action!!!! Out in SG too :)

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Got it in Canada
    It's madden NBA live reskinned as FIFA
    Play for bits and pieces
    There is some form of season but not at a high enough level to access it
    Of course no career mode or any of that
    Oh well didn't hurt to see what it is so that way I at least know what's up with it
    Basically just like madden mobile only FIFA

16. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I usually don't like those asynchronous segment-based pvp (asynchronous is ok, but just get it over with in one scoop like Summoners War PvP). That said, I surprisingly enjoyed Tap Baseball 2016, so I'll give this a shot when it hits the USA AppStores and see how does it compare.

17. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Currently only Out in Romania, Portugal, Sweden, Singapore and Canada App Store

18. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    If people didn't like it last year they are going to like it even less this year.

Very poor from EA.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Worse than ultimate team and I didn't know thAt was possible
    This is a lazy reskinned NBA and madden job it doesn't feel like FIFA and most of the time you are using touch controls which I hate to begin with
    Disaster and last year their downloads were lower than 15 and this will be no better
    If you think this is a good football game you are the problem
    This is total garbage guess for football it's back to FIFA 16 Xbox one but I will be buying PES on console from now on as I can longer support EA they are shite

20. Redzik

Redzik New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Poland
    So probably I can run on my Ipad Mini, due Fifa 16 is only for 64bit.