FIFA Mobile (by EA) - turn based online mobile soccer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 16, 2016.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My only question at this point is should I download it so I can give it a ONE STAR rating, or do I not even let them get my download?

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Wish I hadn't already deleted
    Waste of your time

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Link please.

4. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    After playing this for about 3 hours I can't believe how terrible this game is, incredible. It feels very unpolished and it doesn't breath football at all. For example the lack of music, the sound in general is so damn bad, it happens 4 to 5 times a match that the ball and your playing and not on the screen, the camera is so damn bad, sometimes the game doesn't count goals, players run out of the field for no reason, multiple crashes, when you're playing Barcelona vs Barcelona both teams wear the same shirt and there's no way to fix it, when you pause the game there's no option menu to change the settings. Then there's a minigame where you have to run into zones on the field, but EA didn't bother to change the AI for this, so instead of defending the zones their defending the goal. The menu's are extremely confusing and after 3 hours I still not understand how to setup your team.

I'm not the biggest fan of the match engine and the engine of this version is even worse, it feels like they did no beta testing at all. Still players don't seem to understand the offside rule, the offensive and defensive positioning is mediocre at best, players don't react to the ball etc, goalkeepers need improvement, dribbling feels unresponsive, friendly players run towards you all the time which results in them taking to ball from your player and there's still no way to turn off animations and replays.

At level 10 you unlock seasons, this feels more like traditional FIFA. But because they focused on the attack mode for this game, defense works terrible it's almost like they forgot to implement a defense system. I just can't believe why EA didn't copy this mode from the main FIFA games. Then the camera is still so damn terrible and there's no way to turn on a radar, so you have to guess where all the other players are. This way you can't build up a nice attack.

5. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    This is by far the worst FIFA and one of the worst soccer games on the app store.

6. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I couldn't help it I had to try it.

I think this sets a new standard for bad games created by big names.

Usually when I don't like a game I just think I'm not their target audience.

This one I just think is plain bad.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow. Sounds like they should scrap it this year and just rerelease FIFA 14 on mobile.

8. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Well EA need to learn that Ultimate Team type modes work well as a complement to the rest of the modes.

People want to play with their real team in leagues/cups/against pther players - stuff that was bread and butter for EA (i.e. Licences). I want to play with MU using Ibra, play with Barca using Messi etc...

Tradional football games had exhibition/leage/cups at least and more recently the whole career mode. Without this it is very very plain, expensive, gets boring quickly and let's face it this is really bare bones gameplay using 10 yrs old engine from FIFA 06 from PS2 days.

I gave a game a bit more time but enough is enough. Absolutely poorest effort from EA so far.

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I'll download it to give it one star!

10. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This is the kind of game that leaves you dumbfounded. Someone actually agreed this was okay more than one person too said hey this is a great idea. Let's make the game even worse this time around. I don't know how this made it past the cutting floor and if they don't have some kind of back up ready they only think people complained last two years wait until this hits worldwide they will be a laughing stock. I found my FIFA 2002 CPU disc the other day and im sure it has better graphics and plays better that's how terrible this one is.
    I can't wait to see the terrible ratings and complaints once this goes public. Only hope is that it's so bad they get smart and go back to last time it was good FIFA 14 and we get career mode back.