[Fighting Game] Kinetic Damage

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KineticDamage, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KineticDamage

KineticDamage Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #101 KineticDamage, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    Hi Thiefwriter, thanks for your interest ;)

I prefer not to give release dates estimations anymore, as they're never accurate in videogames anyway, and can lead to more frustration than salvation.
    Right now the game's cooking nicely, on its last steps before a release, being 99.96% complete, will reach 99.97% this week end. I'll also take a week off my dayjob from monday to focus on KD.

It will indeed run on ipod 4, as it already runs at 30fps on 3GS, as showcased in the OP's video :)

Regards

2. thiefwriter

thiefwriter Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Thanks for the answer, will be buying this the minute it comes out here in Texas :)

3. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks to you :)

Some news : My week off dayjob is over, and I've made significant progress. The biggest part of what I had to do to make multiplayer work is about to be succesfully completed. I'll keep this updated, but once I finish this nightmarish Rollback model (it's a pain, really), everything will be going like Tetsuo's bike at 340mph on a highway :)

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I hope we'll see the game soon. Can't wait to beat you! :cool:

5. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    XD I see it's not just your app, that's new.

Nice icon!

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Just found this thread... not usually much of a fighter game guy, but then, I haven't exactly seen a fighter like this.

This. Looks. SICK.:eek:

Subscribing...;):D

DBC

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This definitely has my attention

8. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm very interested in the coaching mechanic. Gran Turismo 5 tried something similar and I actually really enjoyed it.

More aggressive, more reactive, or more analytical sounds fun! More fun than "speed up", "slow down", or "maintain pace".

I like how you worked the controls too (getting away from quarter circles etc.) Definitely going to keep my eye on this.

9. thiefwriter

Jul 12, 2012
    I know, I'm hoping this drops within the next few weeks. If they need another few months to get all their stuff straight though, they have my full support. I just want it to be as good as it looks.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yup. What is worth having is worth waiting for!

11. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Pardon me while I do the rounds on my subscribed list: are we there yet? At the very least are the TA Illuminati beta testing it yet for you?

12. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    #112 KineticDamage, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Hi, We're almost there. No bug, no problem, no deadend, just some work to finish on some pretty hard stuff.
    About beta testing, I'm in a continuous internal Q&A loop for each iteration, so I won't push the release boundaries any further with a semi-public beta test. As soon as everything is packed up, I'll just confirm a final Q&A with a friends & family weekend beta test, and then send it to Apple.

Thank you guys for your support, I really appreciate.

13. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Thanks! I was going to give you crap for the 99.96 percent done and making us wait but then I see Star Command is launching with 30 percent of what they intended after looong delays...

... So take your time and looking forward to it!

Game development is hard (just ask Valve about the non-existent HL episode 3).

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    99.96 and 30 are dovisible by three mate. Half life 3 comfirmed!!!
    On topic, ya nuts: Price an release estimate mate, Since I want to save up fer this.

15. thiefwriter

Jul 12, 2012
    Just a quick bit of self centered feedback: I would love you forever if you released a customization trailer/video, showcasing the character personalization options. Thanks in advance :)

16. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    Ok guys. I can't stand making you all wait any longer. So I'll send it to Apple asap, without multiplayer for now. It will come as a free update quite soon.
    You'll have a few weeks of fun with single player anyway :)

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Great news! Just remember to write in the description that multiplayer is coming soon, otherwise people will write bad reviews and such in iTunes.

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Yeah they will do that. Even with the description, people will one star it sadly.

19. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks for the tip :) Actually the Multiplayer button will be there, but greyed, mentionning "coming soon" :)

20. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Awesome, I'm dying for fighting games on iOS here! :D Most on the Store are just ports :(