Universal FINAL FANTASY (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
  2. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Great game. If you never played it, I definitely recommend it. I already own the PS1 version and it's not like this is a remake or anything so I'm passing on this iOS version.

3. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Crap, I was really hoping that Excalibur II wouldn't be one of the achievements. Oh well I might have to do a speed run for that one later on. I want to take my time with this

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have all 4 discs too but the huge diff is I can't take my ps one with me wherever I go and this is a remake in a way it's not like they did with vii the graphics, sound and everything is better on this version. This version is way better and the touch controls are nice. It's your choice anyway I'm just saying I own ps one version too and I can say this is miles better and the ps one version still costs more online than this! If this price scares people then iOS gaming will always be free to play trash.

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Full screen

6. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    so the sale is not until tomorrow ?

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm on an iPhone 6 and there are bars on the sides. Decorated bars. But I'm glad they didn't stretch it. I just wish the v-stick could be used on top of the entire screen including those bars. No big deal though.

Anyone know how to quick save. I'm running around town as Vivi but I don't want to just quit to see if it quick saves. Anyone else already experimented? I should have tried it before collecting a whole bunch of stuff!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This is the sale price. 99.9% guaranteed.

9. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    #109 Yerti1, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    I died and it quick saved from right before the battle. I don't know how often it does, but if I had to guess its on screen change. So a force quit should bring you back to the last map you were at. I wish there was a button for it though.

EDIT: The game just crashed on me and again it picked up at the beginning of the new screen, so I think this confirms it.

10. Reckall

Reckall Member

Dec 14, 2012
    A lot of players consider FF VII to be the best one - even if each chapter is, in its own way, great. Unfortunately the iOS conversion of FF VII is a bit shoddy, exp. the UI. I never played FF IX... but this hole is about to be filled :)

11. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm not so sure. That would put the game at a much higher price than FFVII and even higher than DQVIII, a PS2 game.

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sorry to hear about your crashes. I haven't experienced that. But on your experience, I decided to close it out and sure enough, it saved the last screen I was on! It's really nice. I was hoping they'd finally implement a save anywhere feature like Adventures of Mana, but this Quicksave might even be better.

13. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I have long waited to play this game again and truthfully I didn't even know it was coming to mobile. Super excited and enjoying it so far, just as I did many many years ago. One of my favorites, up there with 3(6) and 7...

ps... FFVIII totally sucked! One of my least favourite and the worst of all:D

14. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I only crashed once, but to be fair, it was while my wife was messing with my MFi controller while I was trying to play. The other time I died
    in the Ice Cave, when I forgot about the Black Mage and forced fight, I started with critical hit points.

15. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Yeah it's pretty rough! They bumped all the Appstore prices up again a little while ago because our dollar sucks v. the US. If you pick up iTunes cards rather than use your own credit/debit you can do a bit better, Coles and Woolies regularly have 25% off iTunes sales and it looks like Officeworks now sells them at 20% off all the time. It's worth the 27 though, remember it's an actual proper game.

16. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    So do I really need to free up 8 gig for the install? Could I get by with less?

17. jcervasio

jcervasio Member

May 9, 2012
    ^^^ This is exactly me. Same place. Same situation. I just want to know where/how to quicksave. Anyone?

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Wowowowowowo finally

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm curious, is the app icon really blurry as another poster mentioned? Or is it like FF7 which is pretty sharp?

Just wondering since I'm usually bothered by those.

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It will save your progress of course if you're on the world map just call up the moog and save that way. But otherwise turn it off and you will start back where you were if not very close to it.