Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

All I got stealing was potions too... I'm not used to steal stuff in Final Fantasies, and stopped bothering trying on this one...

What do you mean by getting weapons? You find some in treasure chests, some enemies drop them and you can always buy new stuff when you get to a new city.

2. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ah potions. :(

I havent played any FF in a long time. FF tactics first release to be exact. Anyways, Stealing was also essential to getting the "Best" equipment. But yeah, I've given up on stealing and just buying the next best stuff as I go along.

3. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Best I've seen are Ethers, from some bosses, overall not worth it :p

4. Teemo

Teemo New Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I love final fantasy but I'm a bit disappointed. I find the game a bit expensive and graphic rendering a bit old.
    I think it is all even though I will test it. but I'm not to buy

5. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Great game, nothing exceptional about the final fantasy genre. Nothing too special about this one either. $10 price tag the most, $30 is not worth it.

Currently beginning chapter 4 and about 30 hours in.

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #206 bigred447uk, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Wow that's good going ! I'm 26 hours in and still on chapter 2 ! (Underwater Realm)

I always take my time and do a bit of grinding here and there to experiment with strategies etc I don't want to rush through in 40 hours ! Lol

7. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    The enemies do get tough real quick and grinding does help. I only grind for gold if I visit a new town and they sell gear that I want to buy. My biggest gripe with this game are the frequent enemy encounters. It's sometimes just 3 steps and it happens again! Although I must say, the Save Points are really generously placed as just when the going gets tough, there's one for you to use a cottage on.

8. Tycho

Tycho New Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #208 Tycho, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    I keep casting slow minuet with Matoya and when Asmodai gets weak it becomes useless, he still disappears as uses dark/upheaval and upheaves my ass every time.

Anyone know of a good way to beat this guy? My characters are dark knight, ranger, red/white Mage, and black Mage, all at lvl 50. I made my red Mage a white Mage so they could cast curaja, which makes a big difference, but still not enough.

9. ElPumo

ElPumo Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Author
    Harrisburg, PA
    I have gotten weapons, but they have always been weaker than the ones I am equipped with.

10. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I don't know about fighting him in Chapter.3, but I can't beat him in the second part of Chapter 2 (The Ranger). He just completely and utterly decimates my party and I don't seem to have any defense against him. He keeps casting Caustic Spittle and Cursed Miasma over and over, and my healer can't keep up. At first I thought he was one of those encounters where you get killed and then the story moves on...but nope, you have to kill him and I can't figure out how to do it.

11. Bluntmaster

Bluntmaster Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I ran two healers with focus strike warriors for damage on my first fight with him and I beat him with it. It took awhile though.

12. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Great. So it looks like my dark mage is going to be changing jobs! Ugh.

13. Icephr34k

Icephr34k Member

May 12, 2012
    #213 Icephr34k, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Anyone been able to find a place to farm any fangs at yet? I've only managed a few from treasures and one from the coliseum. And of course the the giant fangs you can get in Gardenia.
    I think all I have left is to go to Avalon, assuming that it is the final dungeon
    , so I've just been trying to master the 5 jobs I'm sticking with while in search of fangs, tails (which I've yet to even find 1) and moogle coins.

I'm not sure but I think I've found the majority, if not all the moogle coins.

14. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I can't seem to beat Vata in chapter 2 (on top of the tower). How have others accomplished this and what levels/ job levels should you be?

15. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Ugh this has the job system? Personally I couldn't stand the job system in FF 3 and 5. Is it similar in this game? If so I may have to skip this one.

16. Bluntmaster

Bluntmaster Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    It's more like 5 except with a more pick and stick with kinda feel like ff1.

17. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    That's a little better. I hated changing jobs constantly and having to relevel up those jobs throughout.

18. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    You dont need to get Cactuar, there are 4 (spoilers) requests in the camp.

Talk to each character, most of the stuff get from Gardenia town.

19. dennislamcv

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Friend, I use 2 fighters, one White Mage (very important support character ) and one Job which I can't remember.

The key to success is your selection of Jobs and Job Level. For bosses, please level at least 10 else you'll be fried chicken. Chapter 4 you can get more powerful Job specs........:):):):):)

Forget Dark Night and Ranger. Dark Night consumes much of HP for special attacks. Good attributes are Backliner and Absorb HP abilities if you max it out.

Hint: Before getting a new Job after ending each Dark/Light story, you guys can try out their Job specs to get the feel and how much damage for each special attack to get the rough idea what to expect if you decide to go for it.

20. dennislamcv

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Drez, yes similar to FF1 to 3. Only that I can assign Job points to each character.