Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah? Well WB Games aren't exactly attracting new gamers and old considering they're not on the majority of the international App Stores. Alright, Lebanon or whatever, I'd get...but why not Germany, for example.

2. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I picked up mass effect 3 this week for $16, in the weeks before I picked up Alan wake, skyrim, deus ex hr, rage etc.. All for less then this game costs, so yeah I do think there is a disconnect between what square thinks is a good value and what I think is a good value. That aside, if this game didn't look like complete crap and was something original, I'd prolly have no problem with a $20'game on iOS but $30 ? Nah iOS gaming is just too disposable for that kind of cash IMO.

3. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Apparently they don't need to rethink anything. They priced their games at nearly $20, and you bought all of them. They are in the business to make money, and it seems like they're doing just fine in that regard. If the price is really too high, then stop buying them. Until you do, they're going to continue pricing games at that price.

Personally, I'd rather see the premium games at higher prices on the App Store. I'd rather pay good money for a quality, well-regarded title than $0.99 for a 15 minute time waster. I have enough of those.

4. Amerik Masters

Amerik Masters Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Good point and I totally agree. Sorting out the quality games from the cheap play once and delete apps is good. You're right though, I do buy mostly anything SE sells because I'm a fan of their games.

On a random note: someone needs to port capcoms NES version of "Destiny of the Emperor" that was an awesome game as a kid.

5. bennehftw

bennehftw Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Honestly, casual games just aren't really my thing. Endless runners, angry birds esque type games (although the new concept of angry birds space looks somewhat better) They are just too bland for me. If I can play a game for hours on end and get sucked into it like a few ios games I can think of, with it's deep rich atmosphere; polished games and the like. Those are the kinds of games that I like. I highly doubt I will ever buy this, but if reviews are off the charts and people are like "insta buy" then I may consider redoing my budget.

And I love that they kept the classic FF music (pg. 3) I could honestly listen to that crap all day.

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Agreed. I also think people need to realize that they are being charged a premium for touch screen controls and the ability to game on a portable device.

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I know that this is a losing proposition, but could I PLEASE ask people to refrain from the ad nauseum pricing arguments here? This happens on almost every thread where a game is priced above $4.99. It gets really old. Buy it, or don't buy it. It's worth it to you or it isn't. Can we please stick to the impressions of the actual gameplay?

8. Amerik Masters

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    And I love that they kept the classic FF music (pg. 3) I could honestly listen to that crap all day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I get home I need to make that song my alarm to wake up. Awesome #

9. Amerik Masters

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    A thousand apologizes friend, please excuse my previous vent, but yes I agree that I am waiting for user feedback until I can download it in 9 hours (Pacfic Time).

10. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    #50 Khamous, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    Oh no you did not just say that..

On topic: Since I get more from storyline from turn-based rpgs, I'll wait to see how that one turns out.

11. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Guess you must be either deaf or playing it without sound.

12. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Alright, this is too much. I'm not putting up $30 just for more of the same. that's more than I pay for most console games (I usually buy them a few months post release of amazon). I think $20 is my limit. I'm considering TWEWY, because its an original game, even though it is pretty expensive. But $30 for a reskinned version of a classic final fantasy game, after I already put up the $20 for FF3 a while ago? I'll pass.

13. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Has a couple of months passed? If you're the type that waits for sales, do so, and don't complain about retail prices of iOS triple A titles (because you apparently do the same in every other platform and dont seem to be complaining about the "overall pricing of the gaming industry").

That said a word about TWEWY. Please don't get it if you don't like reading tons of text. TWEWY is awesome for many things, but *mainly* for its storyline.

14. Amerik Masters

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    I noticed that there are 5 members to a party instead of the traditional 3-4. The pictures look cool enough. If it is free with the option to buy it for $2.99 if you like it, then that seems fair. Hey at least it's universal which is unheard of by SE standards. I look forward to it

15. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Can a mod please step in and make another thread for price complaints.

This is getting really old really fast, same thing happened with Final Fantasy III's release.

16. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    As a longtime Final Fantasy fan, I am most eager to play this. Hopefully THIS title is available for the iPod Touch 4G. If it isn't, then I'm gonna get an iPad 2 tonight. I'm getting sick and tired of being left out of all the mobile gaming fun that has been occurring lately. If it's anything like Final Fantasy III as the early rundown of the game has been indicating, then I'm all for it. Actually, maybe I should watch the video on the front page. I can't wait to play this.

17. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Don't worry, it's for the iPod touch.

18. bamloki

bamloki Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Paramedic
    Graz, Austria
    So I just completed the Prologue and I can't buy the next Chapter. Hope this will get fixed soon, it's a fun game with an interesting story :)

19. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    Works great on my ipod touch 4g

20. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I think your best option is to wait fir Christmas SE usually makes lot of discounts in Christmas