Final Fantasy I and II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lungkisser, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yixian

Yixian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Medical Student
    Europe
    Would much rather see Dragon Quest ported over:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hand of the Heavenly Bride for DS is one of the best games I have ever played, I never realised Dragon Quest was so good, it has gameplay as good as Final Fantasy but stories that are on another level of emotional engagement and depth.

Not to mention the art style is just luscious.

Please please please bring the revamped DQs to the App Store!!

2. Duckula

Duckula Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I'd much rather see FF7:Before Crisis and FF4:The After Years on the iPhone since they were originally cell phone games.

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just hope it's not total $hit like the other Square Enix games have been so far (for the iPhone, that is)

No offence.

4. Yixian

Yixian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Medical Student
    Europe
    No this is from Square's proper catalog of games now, although the bottom of it. These are full console level games but they're probably the worst rated of all the remastered Final Fantasies, though that's purely done to the aged gameplay mechanics so if you can forgive that then you should have a lot of fun.

If they sell well though then we should see FF and DQ 4+ headed our way, the real bad boys.

5. Aegis

Aegis Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    dont kick a gift horse in the mouth?

competition breeds competition. more will come.

6. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Dream come true!

7. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Dragon Quest doesn't get ports, only substantially revamped remakes and those remakes are not ported either. This isn't my words but the words of the DQ head, and history shows this standing. The only time a past DQ is on another platform is when it is a revamped remake, and those things are obviously going to the DS.

Your best hope for anything DQ related is those spinoffs such as the slime rocket series or quite possibly a new Dragon Quest Swords.

8. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    I agree, square Enix is my all time favorite games co but they are total crap on the iPhone! I hope rockstar inspired them to port their amazing ds efforts starting with TheWorldEndsWithYou!

9. KillBill18

KillBill18 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Will both games be in one app? (Like Dawn of Souls for the GBA) Or one app for each game?

10. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Finally time comes. Square Enix needs to admit that idevice can make huge money for them. Throw away all the silly idevice games they made before, and just focus on a real gold mine now. sweet, can't wait

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I've never played the early FF before. They look surprisingly like some of the early Chinese turn-based RPGs, especially the one that started the turn-based RPG craze in 1995. When was FF1 and 2 developed anyways?

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Over twenty years ago - 21, I think.

I wonder that you don't came so hard that your skullcap blew off. :D

I played FFI a long time ago, on my NES - but I never played FFII.
    I am really waiting for this.

13. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    You are delusional if you think that TWEWY would work on the iPod Touch/phone.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #74 Vovin, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    screens suggest they will be heavily based on the PSP editions, with redrawn graphics and character art, exclusive all-new dungeons and an updated camera view that gives players a new perspective on the action.

I hope they are released very soon. Finally turn based RPG again!

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #75 Vovin, Jan 21, 2010
    Btw., I wonder at which price FF I & II will be available? I would guess something around 9.99$ / 10 bucks?

The other SE games weren't cheaper - like Song Summoner...

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's my guess, too.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Hm... both games for each 9.99$, with polished and updated gfx (like PSP) and a huge amount of content will be worth 10 bucks, I think. You need days to get through FF games normally. :)

But maybe they come a little cheaper because of their age.

18. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Yeah that would be nice. Aren't all or almost all of SE games priced at $10 on the appstore? I love SE but have not purchased any of their iDevice games because they aren't what I want and they are relatively expensive. If they price all those strategy games I've never heard of at $10 then FF will surely be the same. I wonder if they would even venture higher... although GTA came out at $10 and there was rampant speculation that it would be THE game to break the $10 ceiling. I think FF7&8 are $10 on PSN fwiw.

I also wonder if they will package them together or offer them separately.. Probably separate so they can cash in more. I have FF1 &2 already on my iPhone from jailbreaking but I will buy both of these in a heartbeat when they come out. Need to butter SE's bread to make sure they keep more coming. Also haven't played either with the revamped PSP graphics...

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #79 Vovin, Jan 21, 2010

Same here... if we feed SE, they release more - like they did for the PSPs. :)
    I think each game will come stand-alone, because each game seems to be polished quite a bit (graphics like PSP but redrawn) and I am sure they redesigned it for best use on the iPhone.

I thought over the pricing again and I think, they will be available for 9.99$ each. Each game is loaded with huge amounts of story and content and a big amount of playing time. Playing both games with storyline and through all the hidden stuff, you'll be occupied for weeks (if you're not playing 24/7... ;) )

Only Song Summoner is at 9.99$ now, the other games got cheaper because of their age. But at first, they were also between 7.99$ - 9.99$, I assume.

They release the first two games, I believe, because there are still many 1st / 2nd generation iDevices. But with the 3rd / 4th / 5th generations they'll be able to put out the other FFs... :)

20. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    first one came out in japan 22 years ago and saved the almost bankrupt Square company (now Square Enix).

second one came out like 2 years after the first one.

the early chinese tbrpgs got the idea from final fantasy. ;)