Final Fantasy III by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yodaliu, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    With all the hoopla surrounding FF3 the past couple of days - I *almost* had forgotten about FFT coming to iPhone supposedly in March also. Assuming both games are actually released sometime next month then it should be a good spring...

2. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    agreed

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Brilliant, texture resolution is definitely higher and screen res is going to be higher I suppose. But here's a comparison:

iOS
    [​IMG]

NDS
    [​IMG]

I can't complain. What I see, I like. Alright, one complain then: no definite release date yet?!

4. dizzydank

dizzydank Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Assitant Managing Editor - Games, AppTudes; TV/Mov
    portland, ME
    looking good in the first pick.

here's hoping they continue to bring FF's to the iDevices... how about IV, VII, and VIII?

And Chrono Trigger..... and Chrono Cross..... and Vagrant Story?!!!

... ok I'm getting ahead of myself. Keep the classics coming Square!!!

5. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I've never played this version. Can someone tell me if this game is a free-roaming, go basically wherever you want kind of game like the first 2, or if it's more like the more recent FF games where it holds your hand and tells you where to go Double Dragon style and your movement is pretty limited.

6. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Oh YES! YESSS! PLEASEE....!! Especially the last one! Vagrant Story is meant for the iOS!

Nah, it's basically third game of the series with revamped graphics and music. So the gameplay is pretty linear but you do get a certain degree of freedom to roam the land. Not so when you're in a dungeon, of course.

7. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Meh, ok thanks. Guess I'll be passing on this one then. I absolutely hate rpgs that don't let you roam around and explore.

8. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    will it support Retina?

9. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #89 spacecowgoesmoo, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    It's exactly like the first two. You can probably expect a much, much greater level of difficulty though :).

10. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    How about Dissidia and Crisis Core? Vagrant Story is also among my top 5 favorite games of all time. Top 1 of course is Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone). But I'm not sure though if I'll be playing VS and FFT again, unless the FFT iOS version has even more content than the PSP enchanced version, which I never got to play. Anyway while those games you mentioned would be great ports, I hope Square Enix focuses also on porting relatively recent titles or even sequels. FF Tactics 2!!!

11. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Oh and any ideas on whether this will be universal? Somehow I doubt it would. But what about iPad version? I hope it won't take as long as how it went with Chaos Rings. The iPhone and iPad version were several months apart for Chaos Rings.

12. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Really? Ok, well that's something I can get behind. Increased difficulty isn't a problem for me as long as the game is done well and is fun.

13. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

It better. So I can have some RetinaPad fun with it :)

14. DopyG

DopyG Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    #94 DopyG, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    Am I the only one whos really hyped about this game?

I was close to buy a DS to play this and FF IV :D

Can't wait!!!!

Oh and I love how Square-Enix throw suprises towards fans, like bombs, weeks before their games get released :D

I hate Square-Enix for how they made FF13, but after seeing FF13 Versus and the little FF3 iOS suprise I love them like I did when I was a little child ^_^

Peace Out

15. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    ok so i love how much better they updated the resolution, i loved this on the ds, but i lost it a couple years ago, i was going to buy a used copy in december but i decided to try looking for it again.. i didntfind it, but iw as too lazy to go back to gamestop, so i just waited. And the second i heard this will be released i hoped for the DS version, and yes it was.. im pretty excited to see this game release soon.

16. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I sure hope this time square doesn't delay the release like many of their other games..
    I really want this game NOW!! :D

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Judging from the vids, it should be done or at least nearly done already.
    It comes in march, for sure.

18. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    True that it'll be out this March, but I wouldn't be surprised that it'll come to Japan App Store first since I see no sign, at least from the vids, that it supports English language at this point.

19. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    As excited as I am for this, the most exciting thing about this for me is that the next logical step is to port Final Fantasy 4 + FF4: The After Years!

20. DopyG

DopyG Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Knowing that they already have a translated script from the english DS version, I dont think that the difference between english and japanese release will be that big...