Final Fantasy IV by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Is there a way you can backup your progress. Would buy this but afraid of losing my progress if I get a new phone or whatever.

2. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    To each their own I guess. FF4 is the better game overall but Lunar's story was great even if it was a little cliche but then again so is 4s. The character development in Lunar was just superior in my opinion not necessarily the way they leveled and played but how they matured during the course of the story was great.

3. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I'd say Lunar far surpasses FF4. There's so much character, energy, and humor (at least in Working Designs's version). FF4 is a nice little SNES game but lacking in gameplay. It definitely shows its age.

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I agree with you people who were so taken by FFVII but never got to play FF6 really missed out. That's the only FF that could get me money on ios, or if Tactics or Chrono really have a good sale :D

5. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Not as much as I can't wait to see people complain about the audacity of paying $20 dollars for a game. It must suck when you've got to plan your gaming around the $15 dollar iTunes voucher you get for Christmas and Birthdays

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

That was a spam post. Obviously.

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #67 bramblett05, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    Will 4 have CG like the ds or no?

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

[​IMG]

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I LOVE twewy. Probably my favorite ipod game. I haven't beaten it as I've played it every now and then but it was the first game I got when I bought my new ipod. Very worth it. But like the other person said, it's preference. I'd say the general audience really likes that game that some even bought a DS just to play it. There's a lot of collecting pins (what you use to attack/defend) which I love collecting things. However, I noticed a lot of people are old school FF fans here (wanting the original versions) so if that's the case, you may not like it since it's not a turn based RPG. The story is intriguing but not incredibly deep and the gameplay is the funnest part. But I guess you'll never know until you try it ;)

-----

I'm 100% sure I'm getting FF4 on ios but does anyone remember if FF3's ios english version came out the same day as the Japanese release? I'll be incredibly disappointed if Japan gets it and we don't get it at the same time. From my guess, it shouldn't be too hard to have them release at the same time since the game's translations and everything else are already done.

10. I don't remember if the Japanese and English versions of FFIII came out at the same time, but TWEWY definitely did.

11. ZombiFlyBoy

ZombiFlyBoy Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Nice :D I will now have almost every FF game I have FF 1-3 on iPhone FF 5-9 on PS 1 and FF 10 on PS2

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Check out PhoneView:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

I've been using it for over a year now, and I've got all my important games backed up by going into the app files and copying the save file over to my computer. Works perfectly! And I'm able to clean out the cache of stupid apps like facebook and twitter. I also use it to save photos. Its worth the price. Free updates too.

I decided to invest in it once I started to get hours and hours into games like FF III and the first two. RPG's alone have made it worth it.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Actually I just started using iFunbox as a secondary to itunes and it's free and copies save files just fine as well.

14. CarlxZen

CarlxZen Member

Dec 12, 2012
    What accessories is compatible whit this? The iPhone 3GS Can run this game?

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm curious if this will be cut at the edges (not iphone5 optimized). I'm going to assume it will be since I believe they can't change the aspect ratio of the original game. But that'd be awesome if it could actually use the bigger screen!

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Better play on touch 4

17. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Hoping for a universal app, but probably won't happen.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Better get a new ithing.

Kidding! :D

19. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    As someone new to FF and JRPGs, I picked up FFIII and to my surprise, am loving the experience (best RPGs for me are Baldur's Gate and Morrowind, hands down - Fahrenheit gets a worthy mention).

How does FFIV compare to FFIII in terms of:
    1. story
    2. gameplay
    3. mechanics
    4. difficulty
    5. graphics

Cheers!

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I will eventually maybe when iPod touch 20 is out lol. I guess if it don't work no biggie but I wish the music game could have worked