Final Fantasy IX Announced for IOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Darkcheney, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Bug

Shadow Bug Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Yep, really. I think FF9 is the best one! Didn't really like FF8 at all. Felt too "adult" like.

2. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    That's great news I just beat FF 7 on my iPad

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It would be nice if SE finally made both a PC and Mac version of this one. I find it just plain silly that they'll make iOS versions and PC versions, but not go ahead and make the Mac version. I'd definitely double dip... Or in this case, quadruple dip, since I already have the disc version and the PSN version.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Good point on the Mac
    Isn't FF XIV only available on Windows pcs? Either way it is odd.
    Can't wait for this one at least hope to hear a release date soon. Right now I am playing Final Fantasy xiii and xiii-2 on mobile plus X-2 on PlayStation 2 all at the same time but I guess I can take on another since 9,11,12 and 14 are only ones left I haven't played before.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Maybe the Stars have aligned for this to release real soon. Article today stating its completed and a new event just started on final fantasy record keeper and it's from part ix. I want to say when vii was close to release they did an event around vii on record keeper. Either way hoping soon and worldwide at once if not I will have to buy it twice :)

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm really hoping it releases soon. My birthday is next Tuesday, Groundhog Day, and my wife wants to get this for me. Would love to spend the day playing a little of this in between working and celebrating.

7. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Really keyed up about this. I went from FFVII, which was seminal, to FFVIII, which I also really liked, on my PS2, and then struggled to find the PS1 discs for FFIX so went straight to Final Fantasy X, which ... put me off buying any more Final Fantasy titles for some time. FFX was fine but the world felt too linear.

Wasn't until they started hitting iOS that I went back to get FF1 (still thoroughly enjoyable) and FF2 (hilarious for all the wrong reasons). Now have FF6 and FF Tactics waiting for me. Just need to finish Crashlands first, and This War of Mine - and get good on MHFU, which may take for ever.

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Final fantasy tactics on the phone is awesome stuff. One game that will mever be be deleted for sure.
    I haven't played ix before so looking forward to it. I actually like x-2 better than 10 And also I like xiii and xiii-2 better than 10 as well.

9. Fleischfetzer

Fleischfetzer New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    The gameplay video in the article looks really good.
    It seems it has "real" touch controls and no virtual gamepad. That would be great.
    Too bad FFVII didn't get the same treatment.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm definitely looking forward to the controls for IX too! I thought I read that VII didn't get alternate touch controls because part or all of the coding was lost. Even if it wasn't, I can't imagine how playing the piano would work with simplified touch controls. We'd probably need some kind of buttons on screen.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Got lucky and found part ix with all discs this weekend! Getting a ps one memory card today and will start playing it again this anoon and I actually thought I had never played part ix :)
    Controls should be good at least I hope sometimes it's hit and miss w square and I think you are correct on part vii.

12. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I think FF9 is coming out on Feb 17th :)

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Fu$$ yeah!! I hope so. I just started playing it on ps one again to get ready for it but it doesn't hold up all that well characters look bad on the ps one version so really ready to see how this one looks in action.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It's shaping up to be a good month. ;)

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    And a good year
    Adventures of Mana
    final fantasy ix
    Final fantasy XI later this year to mobile
    Maybe dragon quest vii this year one would think anyways :)

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    a good month for RPGs as Ys Chronicles II is also suppose to hit this month :)

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #37 Vovin, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016

Ok, I know you're our Japanese App Store spy. ;)
    But where did you get that date?

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yes to all of that!

19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    And I thought I read that Assassin's Creed Identity is finally arriving this month and might be a premium title. Don't know if I'll get to it or anything else once Final Fantasy IX hits the store, though.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #40 Dailon80, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Yep it's finally coming out last week of the month but I'm with you not sure when I will play it :)
    But yes it's a premium game so if nothing else it will go on the wishlist for later
    I'm all in for part ix and at lest adventures of mana will keep me busy until 9 hits.
    I haven't been able to confirm that date has anyone else. Not saying it's a lie cuz it sounds about right I just haven't seen any date yet.
    Update just watched latest video for assasins creed identity and it's freaking awesome an insta buy for sure no wish listing that one :)