iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    How many hours to beat through this game right through?

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    120-140hours i would say. But why ask now? No one has probably had long enough to finish the game yet.....

3. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    It's the same with the PSP version, so big chance someone has finished it.

4. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    To get all jobs, Secret Characters, and conquer Midlights Deep and other "secret" places I'd say it would be 150+, I got to about 120hrs and still have loads of stuff to find/Do.

5. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    #205 MarkHerm, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    I think it takes a couple of hours to get through the tutorials alone :p

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    You could beat the game in 50-70 hours, but as other people have said, if you want to unlock everything, probably 150

7. septimus

septimus Member

May 13, 2009
    Slowdown? Really on a ten year old game? They need to fix that. It's not pushing an iPhone 4.

8. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I haven't played that much but I didn't see any slowdowns so far on the iPhone 4. At least none were noticeable for me.

9. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    This may be a weird thing to say but I never noticed to slowdown on my PSP version. I knew it slowed down for spells but I though it was an intentional effect :p

10. imnewhere

imnewhere Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Guys, what do you think will they release content updates and fix slowdown in the future?

11. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    content updates? This is a complete game with 100h+ if explored fully for the first time. So no, there will probably no content updates.

Slowdowns? What slowdowns? Maybe on 2nd or 3rd gen devices (I cannot comment on) but on 4th gen there is no need to fix anything regarding slowdowns.

12. imnewhere

imnewhere Member

Aug 4, 2011
    #212 imnewhere, Aug 4, 2011
    I ve 4th gen ipod and i can notice moderate slowdown, especially when browsing the command menu and casting a spell. About content update, why not? Many people had finished the game on another gaming systems already and want something new. Besides it is a great game and lot of people will crave for updates after finishing it(multiplayer for example or new jobs/plot lines)

13. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Does this support multitasking?
    What happens when you get a call/txt/calendar?

14. imnewhere

imnewhere Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Yup, it supports multitasking and auto-save, when you get a call the game just pauses and you can easily resume it later.

15. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    #215 Sirkreuab, Aug 4, 2011
    Overview

I have a 3GS. There is some slowdown when using skills with graphics like magic or sword arts. But better then on psp. The sound is great always has been. The text everyone is complaining about I guess it's not optimal but it's really not that bad I have very poor eyesight if I can read it anyone can. The overall speed when not doing spells actually seems vastly improved to me. And the graphics don't look bad they have always looked like this infact I'd say there is an improvement over the original. I have owned the original since its release on ps1 and played through a few different ways my main file had all secret characters most jobs mastered for my main party and all sidequests complete except deep dungeon and I didn't have all items but I had ultima and serpentarius the last summon from deep dungeon ( I think the retconned that to zodiark) and my clock was about 99 hours I'd say a typical play through is between 60 to 80 hours. Although that was ps1 version psp has a few more levels and sidequests.
    Anyone complaining about the price should take into consideration there is not a game of this length size and replayability on the app store this isn't cut the rope or monkey island or infinity blade. All of which are great games but do not compare in scale to this game. It's not my favorite all time game but it is more then worth 15$ before the psp version came out you could buy the ps1 disc used for more then it cost originally like 50 bucks luckily i already had it.

Anyways all in all I think this is a great port the slowdown is manageable I wish it was a little better and I'm super jealous of iPhone 4 users but they said all along for an optimal experience use the iPhone 4 which has twice
    The ram of my 3GS so I am happy. Don't buy
    This game if you are prejudiced against older graphics there are some it's not a remake it's a port im to old to call it retro cause I grew up with an nes. But I still game have a ps3 and a 360 and I still find the cutscenes and graphics gorgeous in this game for what they are.

This game is all about gameplay and storyline if you want to play a game on iOS that feels like more of a complete experience then the 99cent fair that is usually intended for sporadic bursts rather then hardcore gaming, absolutely play this game it is epic in scale and depth
    Too many people are sweating the small stuff here if you don't want to buy it don't complain about it but let's be realistic here this is absolutely a great game.

16. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    let's be honest and admit that new content will most likely not happen. However, since apple is going to be supporting the multiplayer via gamecenter for turn based games, I think there might be a chance for us to see it happening once iOS5 comes out. Also, some gamecenter achievements "could" happen. Other than that, i dont really see any new content updates. though I would see some new charac added like lighting for example

17. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Anyone TOFTT of older gens?:D

I've been waiting for FFT for months just to see SE's description that it only supports 3GS and up. :c Apple's description on the other hand says it'll run on any device running 4.0.

Durr hurr.

18. imnewhere

imnewhere Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Another issue i found is that you can't rotate camera with 2 fingers and scroll with one, you have to switch between rotate/scroll buttons, this is kinda annoying. The music is repetetive too it s a good thing they added an ability to listen to ipod music while playing.

19. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Someone earlier said it would run. Should be a page or two back.

20. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I never played this game. Is there any replayability or skirmish kinda mode ?