iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well, I made it to the first save point without a crash... Ill keep playing, but so far, so good. =o)

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I've played the SD build on my iphone 5 since forever and there is no crash at all ;)

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, just got through the third battle, no crashes... Pretty sure it's good to go.

4. lillumultipass

May 11, 2009
    Ok thanks!

I don't have the SD version but I am still not sure where I play FFT.
    Someone said that there is no iCloud support: it means that it is not possible to play the campaign on both devices I guess, right?

5. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    if you backup the save yourself i'm most sure you can with a program like ifunbox

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. I've transferred my save file from iPhone version over to my iPad version using PhoneView for Mac. Great program and great game to back up saves!

7. lillumultipass

May 11, 2009
    ah ok, thanks. This is a bit cumbersome though to have to use an external program to transfer saves between the IPad and the iPhone.
    My idea was rather to usually play on the iPad, and switch to the iPhone when, say, I am queuing for something...so this is not something that could really be planned in advance.
    That's a pity.

8. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

I have the HD version but my post is about the promised upgrade to the visuals. I was reminded of this by the announcement of that Mobage developed FFT Social thing. Have Squeenix forgotten about their commitment?

9. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Hi I'm new to this thread so please forgive my not reading all the previous 83 pages, but I am wondering whether to buy this expensive game for my iPhone 5 and need some advice?

It looks amazing and I know that it's a legendary strategy game so I really want to play it on my iOS device, but have read it has technical problems.

Can anyone list all the bugs / issues this game has had / still has for the iPhone 5?

Is it optimised for the widescreen iPhone 5?

Has it got retina graphics?

For the expensive price I am wondering if its worth buying as I don't want to be stuck with a broken game for that price?

Thanks in advance for any summary anyone can give...

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I can answer some questions.. I have an iPod Touch 5G which is pretty similar to the iPhone5.

It runs pretty much perfectly on my device. No slow downs whatsoever, fixed the bugs that were in the PSP version, and imo is better than all the previous versions before it. Graphics are hard to say. They're not the sharpest but they aren't blurry. However more recently the blurry looking portraits got updated to sharp images so those look great. I don't have time to load up the game at the moment but I believe it's not optimized. However that shouldn't deter you as you'll forget about the side bars pretty quickly.

It's definitely worth the buy. It's arguably one of the best FF games ever made and probably the best game of its type. It has a ridiculously amazing story and one of the deepest gameplays. However it's tough if you've never played a game like this.

If the game totally doesn't work you can always ask apple for a refund!

11. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Thanks for your feedback my friend!

I know I need to play this so Im going for it and purchasing - as a strategy fan I have to add this to my collection and say that I've played it!!!

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Why aren't you playing Kingturn? It is what many consider to be a good play for a SRPG...

13. shidokan57

shidokan57 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Wish they would update visuals already. Hope its soon so i can replay it. N yes i highly recomend game to anyone who is a fan of genre. I have played thru multiple times.

14. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Seeing this thread get bumped up, makes me want to play it again.. Maybe I should :)

15. shidokan57

Apr 9, 2010
    Im waiting on the graphics update when it comes out for android. Then ima replay it. Ugggh takes square forever but im playing ff5 till then. Just dont want update and ff6 same time ill wanna play ff6 then

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm guessing they revealed those update images to hype up the android release and to show what they were working on. Unfortunately we all thought it was coming soon but I'm thinking they were just showing what they are doing in development. And we have no idea when they'll release it... Oh well. Could be in a year for all we know :S

17. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Retina update
    Drawing speed of engine improved
    iCloud support!!

18. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Also added GC with achievements :D

19. shidokan57

Apr 9, 2010
    Wooooooo sweeet! Only took 2 yrs i think. But sweeet. Gonna do another play thru lol

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I just saw the update come up.... is this THE redrawn sprite update??? If it is then... OMG. Freaking out. Aside from Kingdom Rush, this is the biggest thing I've been anticipating (that I've forgot about).