iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Grimoire of the Rift has better graphics, but the story and music are completely forgettable.

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    You can turn off the tips when moving but you still have to go through a ton of tapping.

3. ShamusLowlander

ShamusLowlander Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Does this game have permadeath? That's a dealbreaker for me :/

4. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    if i'm not mistaken you have 3 turns to revive your character or finish the battle in that time if you dont then yes you character is lost

5. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Well damn. I'm looking forward to this. I am concerned about the pacing as you mentioned though. It all depends on the mindset I'm in at the moment so I'm glad you forewarned me about the slow nature of its gameplay. Pacing is ultimately what killed all of my interest in KOTOR back when I played it around its release. Another game I need to replay one day to see if I can appreciate it nowadays... Probably soon with the recent iOS iteration. I'm just setting my mind up for the desire to get lost in a story driven experience not an action driven one so I can appreciate this moreso. I do have a nasty habit with my 16gb ipad 2 of quickly buying a game, playing it for an hour or so and deleting it for the next thing to download with the intention of redownloading the former game to play again sometime in the future. God I wish I had more storage. I'm definitely buying it now while the discount is around. Only challenge is sitting my impatient self down to play it :).

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That scared me too but you'll get used to it. You can always quit the game and retry too but I think it gives more value to your characters and makes you try and do the best possible moves.

One thing that's great / scary / not so great is that all the random encounters are leveled to your character. Meaning that aside from the story missions, you'll always have a challenge with random fights. They'll never be weak. It definitely scared me at first but now I like it cuz I can keep playing without it getting it too easy on me.

Well tell us what you think when you get to it! The story is almost as big a highlight as the gameplay itself. They talk "fancily" like the olden days I suppose. Not sure what to call it but they did it in FF12 which I loved.. it really immerses you into the setting.

Just be sure you can handle a tough gameplay style. It's definitely the hardest to learn out of all the FF games. Grinding doesn't necessarily make you better, it's the tactics and the skills you learn that will keep you alive :)

8. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    How do the new graphics look in 2x on the iPad?

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Check IGN's recent video on YouTube, the reviewer is playing on an iPad in 2x.

10. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

For anyone wondering, the iCloud save is now working just fine.

11. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so I tried the game and don't see how this is that popular, I find the disgea games way better..

12. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    The game is sharp.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Disgaea isn't on iOS.

14. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    What's wrong with you.

15. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Reason this is so popular is combination of a good story and endless customization. I enjoyed Digaea, and finished it on PSP. FFT though, I have finished at least ten times, and played it countless times.

16. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    :rolleyes:

17. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Has anyone tried to play the iPhone version on their iPad mini?
    Would you recommend it? Or is it better to just get the iPad version and skip the iPhone version? (I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad mini)

18. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Quick question: can the save games in the iPhone version transfer over to the iPad version? I turned on iCloud for the documents on my two devices and nothing seems to be happening so far.

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Did you try loading it without the quick save? The way continue works doesn't make any sense, but click continue from the title screen then press cancel and it'll take you to your save slots, that might work.

20. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

iCloud, as has been mentioned here and in the app description, is broken on the iPhone version.

They're looking into a fix for it.